Kongu's laser cross-bow an actual bow?

Toa Inika Kongu's Toa Tool is definatly a crossbow. Crossbows are usually wielded with one hand while bows require two.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Most likely. There's a scene in one of the books where Velika looks intrigued at its design. If it was just a laser weapon with decoration around, it wouldn't really be anything special, because many weapons in Bionicle shoot beams or bolts of energy. The crossbow function probably gave the bolt of energy added speed and range.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I always thought it was energy bolts.

It is, but lasers probably charge up the energy bolts. Alternatively, in "comic book physics", the term "laser" is often confused for bolts of energy so that might be to blame for that confusion. Whether actual "instant hit" lasers are involved or not, what it actually launches is confirmed to be "hard light" packets of energy that shoot out much like an arrow.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

... or lightning air lasers, considering the Inika and their powers.

I always thought the air bit makes it faster and allowed Kongu to control it after he fired it.

Kind of like a homing missile. I like that idea...

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351