Elemental Limits

These are a few things a would like the know the details about.

Light:

Can toa of light make objects ivisible by redirecting light?

(My opinion: Yes with a lot of control)

Water:

What type of wate do toa of water create Protodermis or Water

(My opinion: the type of fluid they absorb)

And last can a toa of the green control oil:

My opinion: Yes)

If I think of more I'll add them

• Upvote 1

I'm back!

As for this first, I think so, yes. They can create holograms with sufficient concentration, I don't see why invisibility would be impossible. A bit harder maybe, and it'd only work really well if the object wasn't moving... but I think it could happen.

As for the second, I would guess that it's protodermic water since that's what is in the MU. This would of course be different once they exit onto Spherus Magna and absorb 'real' water, so yeah, I think you're pretty much right about that.

And the third... be more specific. Do you mean plant oils specifically? Then yes, obviously. If it's something like fossil fuels (or whatever) derived from plants, I wouldn't think so. Maybe if they had extremely fine-tuned their power?

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

These are a few things a would like the know the details about.

Light:

Can toa of light make objects ivisible by redirecting light?

(My opinion: Yes with a lot of control)

Water:

What type of wate do toa of water create Protodermis or Water

(My opinion: the type of fluid they absorb)

My opinion: Yes)

If I think of more I'll add them

1) Well, I should think so, as long as they had the concentration to do it. Like, it would be harder to make a huge moving object invisible then a small immobile object.

2) I think it's what is around them, since they don't exactly create water, they manipulate moisture in the air to create, say, a water jet. So if protodermic water is around them, that's what they'll use, and if it's H2O water, that's what they'll use.

3) Fossil fuels come from fossils in the ground, often from sea life fossils (if I remember correctly). Not to many plants live in the ocean. Also, keep in mind that they control plant life not parts of plants. Plants do what they want them to do, not a bucket of olive oil.

Edit: I'm a Seeker. Fy!

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon
  • Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png

1) Should be very difficult but possible. It would be easier to wear a Huna. :P

2) It's confirmed they can make both. Generally they'll make whatever is native to where they are. So Gali on Mata Nui would make natural water, but when she went down to Metru Nui, she would make protowater.

3) It's the element of "Plant Life", so IMO no. Only living plants. They can, however, make plants that while alive will secrete plant oils.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Onr mote question can a toa of iron manipulate each type of metal or just protosteel/iron

I would assume just iron, seeing as it is a specific element (Fe).

With that being said, I'm not sure if there would need to be a Toa for each different metal or just a Toa of Metal, or maybe even a Toa of Transition Metals.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Onr mote question can a toa of iron manipulate each type of metal or just protosteel/iron

I would assume just iron, seeing as it is a specific element (Fe).

With that being said, I'm not sure if there would need to be a Toa for each different metal or just a Toa of Metal, or maybe even a Toa of Transition Metals.

Nonononono [/Rodney McCay], "Iron" is just poetic. It's all metal (both protometal and natural). And it causes this unfortunate misconception, heh.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes. Most of the time, IMO, they are manipulating a "generic protodermic metal" that isn't given such specific matter-mimicking physics, but is roughly similar to iron or aluminum (depending on if it's rustable or not).

I have a 'question' of some sort.I've always wondered where the boundary between Toa of Water and Toa of Ice is. If a Toa of Ice can control the cold, couldn't they just freeze water and gain control over it? And technically speaking, ice and water are the same thing. So where is the line drawn? Logically speaking, Toa of Ice could dominate with control over coldness.Also, slushies. They are both water and ice! D:

Edited by Truaga_nuju

Masks we wear to disguse the truth,

We can never go back to that place,

ignikabanner.png

The boundary is the melting/freezing point. Toa of Ice could certainly freeze water and control it, as long as it's still frozen. As for slush, I guess a Toa of Ice could control the bits of ice and a Toa of Water could control the liquid part.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I have a 'question' of some sort. I've always wondered where the boundary between Toa of Water and Toa of Ice is. If a Toa of Ice can control the cold, couldn't they just freeze water and gain control over it? And technically speaking, ice and water are the same thing. So where is the line drawn? Logically speaking, Toa of Ice could dominate with control over coldness. Also, slushies. They are both water and ice! D:

Toa of Ice can cool down things and control ice, while Toa of Water can control water ... and possibly control moisture? Because I recall reading that Hahli had been creating moisture back in Legends #5.

Moisture is water, yes. Just in small amounts. To some extent they can also control water vapor.

These are a few things a would like the know the details about. Light: Can toa of light make objects ivisible by redirecting light?

Yes. Toa of Light can already use precision Light Control to create holograms (as demonstrated by Takanuva), so Invisibility shouldn't be much more difficult.

Water: What type of wate do toa of water create Protodermis or Water

I would say that in the Matoran Universe, they created Protodermic water. However, Toa of Water were rarely shown creating water at all, as most preferred to draw on humidity instead. As such, it's possible that they will still create Protodermic water on Spherus Magna, or that their natural recharge of elemental energy will automatically draw on whatever water's around. Either way.

I would say no, if only because that seems like a more obscure use of the power and not something that the Great Beings would program in. However, it's possible that they could have made Toa of the Green able to control oil for some undisclosed reason.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Yeah, Stone and Iron Nova Blasts would probably be great cascades of rock and metal respectively in all directions. I imagine an Earth Nova Blast would cause an extremely intense earthquake that would knock down everything in its area and throw a lot of earth into the air.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I'd say most likely to all of them.

Hmm... Can Toa of Lightning create magnets? (electromagnetism)

Also, I'm wondering how a nova blast of gravity would work.

For the first I have no idea

For the second however, I would guess the Nova blast would increase the gravitational pull of everything around the Toa effectively letting the targets eat dirt, and dirt eat the targets depending on how you look at it. :P

Edited by The Great Being Velika

New question, how would a nova blast of an element like stne iron earth look like. Just a giant amouth of stones you launch in the air?

Probably rocks flying everywhere. :lol:

As with iron, that'd probably be, like, shards of Toa-energized metal or something. Similarly with earth, combined with an earthquake like you mentioned.

I think there was some discussion a few months ago about what a grav nova blast would do. I think it was eventually agreed that it would manifest initially as pure Toa elemental energy (the kind normally turned immediately into fire, water, etc. when attacking). When this massive wave of Toa energy would hit an object (or area), it would then shift to gravity energy, and basically send the gravitational pull of the targets (or the area they were in) haywire.

Bones probably knows.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'd say most likely to all of them.

Also, I'm wondering how a nova blast of gravity would work.

For the first I have no idea

For the second however, I would guess the Nova blast would increase the gravitational pull of everything around the Toa effectively letting the targets eat dirt, and dirt eat the targets depending on how you look at it. :P

I feel like that would be really odd though. I mean, everything just hitting the ground or floating when this wave hits. I dunno, it's just... odd. :P

New question, how would a nova blast of an element like stne iron earth look like. Just a giant amouth of stones you launch in the air?

Probably rocks flying everywhere. :lol:As with iron, that'd probably be, like, shards of Toa-energized metal or something. Similarly with earth, combined with an earthquake like you mentioned.I think there was some discussion a few months ago about what a grav nova blast would do. I think it was eventually agreed that it would manifest initially as pure Toa elemental energy (the kind normally turned immediately into fire, water, etc. when attacking). When this massive wave of Toa energy would hit an object (or area), it would then shift to gravity energy, and basically send the gravitational pull of the targets (or the area they were in) haywire. Bones probably knows.
#quote endI thought a gravity nova blast would make a black hole.

Nova Blasts are by definition out of control, so it's the element radiating from a point. Making everything heavy in a downward direction doesn't apply to this as it would make a controlled field of gravity radiating from a flat surface rather than a point.

Translation, yeah, black hole. :P

Also, I think it's safe to assume that the five elemental out-of-control blasts of the Kal are essentially what the Toa Nova Blasts of those elements would be, and the gravity Kal's was a black hole.

The trickier ones to figure out are those that make solids, including Stone and Iron, as we don't know if for example Stone would encase everything around in Stone, or create a radiating eruption of boulders, gravel, or what.

Nova Blasts are by definition out of control, so it's the element radiating from a point. Making everything heavy in a downward direction doesn't apply to this as it would make a controlled field of gravity radiating from a flat surface rather than a point.

Translation, yeah, black hole. :P

Also, I think it's safe to assume that the five elemental out-of-control blasts of the Kal are essentially what the Toa Nova Blasts of those elements would be, and the gravity Kal's was a black hole.

The trickier ones to figure out are those that make solids, including Stone and Iron, as we don't know if for example Stone would encase everything around in Stone, or create a radiating eruption of boulders, gravel, or what.

I am more interested in how the Toa would survive his own Nova Blast if it was the former case. Just that he is a Toa doesn't mean he is immune to suffocation :/

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I take it that a Nova Blast is a "if all else fails last ditch effort" thing, which kills everything around the Nova blaster, and possibly the blaster him/herself. While a Toa of Fire might survive his own blast, there's no going back from a black hole or being suffocated by a covering of ice, stone, iron, or earth. It's possible that such Toa could bust their way out of such a thing if they had a Pakari, maybe. Even if the person involved doesn't kill themselves with their own blast, they are out of elemental energy and are thus vulnerable to any enemies not killed by the blast (highly unlikely, but could happen).Would it be a correct supposition that no Gravity Toa have gone Nova in the history of the MU? I think a black hole would have done the robot in.

Edited by fishers64

Well it would probably make black holes all around the toa so he would have a chance to get out of there. Or he might cause everyone hit to go flying the opposite direction of the toa. Either way it would be one serious VOMIT COMET!

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think every Toa's Nova Blast has about the same radius of destruction. So a Toa of Gravity's would probably create a tiny pseudo-black hole that obliterates everything in the normal radius, then disperses. I'm pretty sure such an attack would be suicidal for the Toa, too.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Nova Blasts usually are suicide attacks, yes. Last resorts. Some of the less deadly elements are an exception, especially Water. Which is why Gali has made a Nova Blast and survived.

And obviously a Toa of Gravity (at full EE charge anyways) has enough to create a black hole, since the gravity Kal did. :)

Well, assuming standard Nova Blasts are all the same size, a Gravity Nova Blast wouldn't create an actual black hole like the kind that stars can become. More like what Nuhvok Kal did, but big enough to destroy all of Metru Nui.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

But that was a tiny black hole; only big enough to suck Nuhvok Kal in. A nova blast level black hole would cause a massive spacetime disruption: would a toa be able to do that?

Doesn't the question answer itself? Since the Kal made one, and you see it as small, if a Toa's Nova Blast has to be more powerful, obviously it would make a worse black hole. :)

However, I'm not sure the logic of a "tiny black hole" works, as to make even a tiny one takes a huge amount of gravity. All we know is that Nova Blasts make the element in about the amount of the size of Metru Nui. We don't know if that amount of gravity energy would actually have a noticeable effect on the entire area; the element amount and the size of the effect may be two different things. In other words, things at the edge of that range might just feel a slight tug, and things halfway there might feel something like Jupiter gravity, while only things within a small radius would actually get pulled in (in this theoretical example, anyways, assuming I'm right about range =/= effect).

But that was a tiny black hole; only big enough to suck Nuhvok Kal in. A nova blast level black hole would cause a massive spacetime disruption: would a toa be able to do that?

Doesn't the question answer itself? Since the Kal made one, and you see it as small, if a Toa's Nova Blast has to be more powerful, obviously it would make a worse black hole. :)

However, I'm not sure the logic of a "tiny black hole" works, as to make even a tiny one takes a huge amount of gravity. All we know is that Nova Blasts make the element in about the amount of the size of Metru Nui. We don't know if that amount of gravity energy would actually have a noticeable effect on the entire area; the element amount and the size of the effect may be two different things. In other words, things at the edge of that range might just feel a slight tug, and things halfway there might feel something like Jupiter gravity, while only things within a small radius would actually get pulled in (in this theoretical example, anyways, assuming I'm right about range =/= effect).

Isn't that one of the reasons that Greg said that there aren't that many Toa of Gravity since they are so powerful?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I think so. And why Nova Blasts were almost never used, because they're so destructive.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Electromagnetism is essentially electrical current travelling in loops--you can make a simple electromagnet simply by running a current through a tightly coiled wire. So I'd say that, for a sufficiently skilled Toa, creating an elctromagnetic field would be quite easy. It's worth noting, though, that she would have no direct control over the magnetic force, only the current generating it--she could make it stronger or weaker by siphoning more or less power into the current, or cut it off entirely by killing the current, but she wouldn't be able to, for instance, prevent it from acting on something within its range. "Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa." Edited by Hastur the Unspeakable

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Electromagnetism is essentially electrical current travelling in loops--you can make a simple electromagnet simply by running a current through a tightly coiled wire. So I'd say that, for a sufficiently skilled Toa, creating an elctromagnetic field would be quite easy. It's worth noting, though, that she would have no direct control over the magnetic force, only the current generating it--she could make it stronger or weaker by siphoning more or less power into the current, or cut it off entirely by killing the current, but she wouldn't be able to, for instance, prevent it from acting on something within its range. "Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

So basically, a Toa of Magnetism vs. a Toa of Lightning would make for an interesting fight.