• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Elemental Limits

elemental powers

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ok thats fun, and the same counts for iron?

I'm back!

#42 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 04:57 PM

I thought that was debunked.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#43 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,219 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 05:03 PM

Debunked? What?

#44 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,729 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 05:04 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Well, I think Toa of Iron can levitate iron, yes, and they could possibly fly with the surfboard method. There was indeed a debunked theory, which was that Toa of Iron could fly by repelling themselves off of the iron in the ground (or Mata Nui's surface, as it may be).[/color][/font]

#45 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 06:59 PM

Huh, I thought Greg said that the levitating platform technique wouldn't work.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#46 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,802 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 09:49 PM

The subject of elements that enable flight came up in my Major Confusion on Elements topic (which this is turning kinda dupey of come to think of it :P). I kinda forget some of it, but I know Toa of Stone are not on it.

I would say the self-surfboard method wouldn't work for the same reason (I remember clearly that) it's confirmed not to work for the Mask of Telekinesis. Toa can levitate their element, but only if their feet are on solid ground (or hovering by other means, etc.). Lifting your element and standing on it is like trying to lift yourself by standing on a surfboard and pulling up on the surfboard. Doesn't work.

#47 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ah, I remember that conversation now. How did we forget so quickly?

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#48 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,219 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 10:06 PM

Do you mean that if a toa was in free fall, they wouldn't be able to control outside sources of their element?But if we're using the arm theory, ever heard of handstands?

#49 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,802 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 11:19 PM

Do you mean that if a toa was in free fall, they wouldn't be able to control outside sources of their element?But if we're using the arm theory, ever heard of handstands?

And that's where the conversation about that analogy always seems to go. :P The answer seems to be that there is an intentionally programmed limit to their abilities by the GBs, probably to keep them from being overpowered should they go haywire. Otherwise a Toa of Stone for example shouldn't even need a hovering surfboard but merely push themselves away from bedrock. But they're not on the list of flight-capable Toa, so apparently not.

As for freefall, I don't see why that would limit them from controlling their element... But they'd have to use it in more creative ways to save themselves, if they didn't have a mask power that would help. To continue with Stone as the example, they could make a curving ramp and a surfboard to ride down it with. Others like Water could slow their fall. Some like Sonics might be out of luck though.

Edited by bonesiii, Dec 06 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#50 Offline UltToaNovaJoshNova

UltToaNovaJoshNova
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 41 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 06:38 PM

On this topic I wonder can Lightning Toa control machines.

TAHU
GALI
KOPAKA
ONUWA
POHATU

LEWA

TOA MATA/NOVA

JALLER
HALI
KONGU
MATORO
HEWIKII
NUPARU

TOA INIKA/MAHRI

#51 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 06:54 PM

Control machines? No, but I suppose they would be able to overload or drain power from devices that run on electricity.

Edit: I mean, they could learn to operate machines by normal means, but not with their elemental power.

Edited by The Iron Toa, Dec 07 2012 - 06:55 PM.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#52 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,219 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:18 PM

I've got a question.Would a toa ofiron/magnetism be able to use their element to enhance their physical stats? For instance, performing a "force" leap by magnetically propelling themselves a longer distance.

#53 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:37 PM

Based on Bonesiii's reasoning, a Toa of Iron wouldn't be able to do that. But a Toa of Magnetism could make a magnetic field to repel himself off the ground. A Toa of Iron would be able to alter his own weapons and armor, that could count as some physical enhancement.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#54 Offline UltToaNovaJoshNova

UltToaNovaJoshNova
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 41 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 08:09 PM

Do you think that Iron Toa can fix other mechanical beings metal parts.

Do you think that Iron Toa can fix other mechanical beings metal parts.

I also wonder what is so special about plasma

TAHU
GALI
KOPAKA
ONUWA
POHATU

LEWA

TOA MATA/NOVA

JALLER
HALI
KONGU
MATORO
HEWIKII
NUPARU

TOA INIKA/MAHRI

#55 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,219 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 09:15 PM

I think toa of iron could.As for plasma, specifically thermal plasma, it is superheated ionized particles, which means that it is very good for disentegrating stuff.

#56 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,936 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 10:38 PM

Toa of Iron could repair armor, yes. 

And Plasma eats though solid rock and pretty much anything. It makes you very hard to be imprisoned or keep items away from. Ironically, it's biggest weakness would be against a wood cage, since the wood would catch fire in the presence of plasma and could burn the entrapped beings. 

Also a glowing ball of plasma would be okay for lighting in dark conditions, not to mention a plasma shield could theoretically dissolve projectile weapons aimed at the wielder. It's a pretty neat element IMO.  

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users