• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

If there is a mask of life, could there be a mask of death?

Ignika Mask of life

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Offline lasqur

lasqur
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 15 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 05:50 PM

Just asking.

#2 Offline Kavu

Kavu
  • Members
  • Toa

• 130 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 05:51 PM

Well if you want to be technical, the Ignika is the mask of death. Life just sounds better. 

#3 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,763 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 06:00 PM

A Mask of Death was never mentioned to exist in the MU, though that doesn't mean one couldn't have existed. But I think Levvisokk is right. The Ignika could be considered a 'Mask of Death.'

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#4 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 06:05 PM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Although the Ignika often has properties better suiting a Mask of Death instead of Life, I think you're asking if there's a separate Kanohi altogether. No, there isn't. Life, Time, and Creation are the three Legendary Kanohi because those things are the three fundamental principles of the MU. But, as death is not one of those principles, there is no Legendary mask (or any mask) of death.Certain masks have powers pertaining to death, though, such as the Tryna or the Mask of Scavenging.[/color][/font]

Edited by Chro, Dec 04 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,634 posts

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 06:44 PM

The Ignika can kill things by draining life energy. There doesn't seem to be any "death energy" in the MU that such a Mask could use, since you either have life energy or you don't, and a mask that drains life energy would be somewhat redundant with the Mask of Life since it can do that anyway.

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#6 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm inclined too agree with Levvisokk. Although the Ignika was known as the "Mask of Life", it did possess the power to manipulate life however it wished. There are a number of examples of it using the power of "death", such as when Toa Ignika attempted to kill Pohatu, Lewa, Tanma and Photok by accelerating their aging in Shadows in the Sky, cursing Nocturn with killing every being he touched, absorbing life energy to unleash a sort of "Nova Blast", the list goes on. There's also the fact that the Great Beings built a fail-safe into the mask that, were the Matoran Universe thrown utterly and hopelessly out of balance, was to destroy every living thing in the Great Spirit robot. It counts as both the Mask of Life and the "Mask of Death", in my opinion, so I doubt that there ever was, or ever will be, a Mask of Death.

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien

#7 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 07:06 PM

To be honest, the Ignika is a Mask of Death, because Death is a subset of Life. :PBesides that, there is no individual mask for Death, because the Great Beings had no reason to make one. The Mask of Life could perform any of the few functions that a dedicated Mask of Death would be necessary for (such as destroying all life if things went out of balance), and served other purposes (such as providing a way to heal Mata Nui if necessary) as well.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#8 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,380 posts

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 07:42 PM

[color=#993399;]Yes, but what would that really do? I assume a Mask of Death would function as a suicide device if the wearer were stupid enough to activate it.~B~[/color]

Posted Image

#9 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,870 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 09:42 PM

Like others have said, the Ignika functions good enough as a Mask of Death as well.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#10 Offline XyzTheDay!

XyzTheDay!
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 302 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 12:46 AM

Well, now that we know what we know about the Red Star, a "Mask of Death" would have been kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. :P

Edited by XyzTheDay!, Dec 05 2012 - 12:46 AM.

| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

#11 Online Gold Experience

Gold Experience
  • Members
  • Death of the Great Spirit

• 17,710 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 12:47 AM

The Ignika pretty much had total dominion over life, so it could serve as a Mask of Death as well.

~Important BZPRPG Links~

profiles | podcast

---

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#12 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 04:50 PM

Technically the Mask of Life could be used as a mask of death. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#13 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,870 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well, now that we know what we know about the Red Star, a "Mask of Death" would have been kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. :P

Not if it functioned was disintegrating its targets  :P

Edited by toa kopaka4372, Dec 05 2012 - 05:23 PM.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

#14 Offline Kavu

Kavu
  • Members
  • Toa

• 130 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 05:46 PM

Not if it functioned was disintegrating its targets  :P

In that case it would be considered a Mask of Disintegration 

#15 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well, due to Bionicle being a /child's toy/, I don't think they'd have an actual "mask of death". They may have something that implies it, but they'd never have an actual mask of death. :)

iwRQGDg.jpg

#16 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,870 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 09:18 PM

Well, due to Bionicle being a /child's toy/, I don't think they'd have an actual "mask of death". They may have something that implies it, but they'd never have an actual mask of death. :)

I don't think that's a limitation, especially since the Mask of Life caused direct death in the story before. Bsides, the story team has already put far worse in the story. 

Edited by toa kopaka4372, Dec 05 2012 - 09:28 PM.

toakopaka.png

#17 Online Gold Experience

Gold Experience
  • Members
  • Death of the Great Spirit

• 17,710 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 06:20 AM

Well we did rip a guy apart by at molecular levels.

Protection of the children from references of death doesn't really work when that happens near the end of 2008.

~Important BZPRPG Links~

profiles | podcast

---

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#18 Offline Toa of Ponies

Toa of Ponies
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 02:00 AM

I think that just how the Ignika has the ability to give life, It has the ability to deminish it. Just a theroy

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#19 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 06:31 AM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"] Yes, that's exactly what it does. It can drain Life energy to kill something, kind of like how a Toa of Fire can remove heat to freeze something. [/color][/font]

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#20 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 11:43 AM

I think Ignika could control Death(absence of life)

#21 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 02:57 PM

Death is the absence of life. The Ignika could manipulate death the same way Vakama absorbed the flames in order to get the Great Disk.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#22 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 03:19 PM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"] Well, the question has been taken care of, and right now we're just getting a bunch of the same answer phrased differently from multiple people.With nothing more left to do, think it's about time this thread closed? :lol: [/color][/font]

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users