Does anyone still like Bionicle?

Well...

Yes, I do still like Bionicle. But truthfully, I think that has more to do with nostalgia than anything else nowadays, for me. Bionicle was a massive part of my childhood, though, so I would safely say that I think its something I can never truly let go of, no matter how much I move on; I'll always hold an affection for it, even though I'm nowhere close to being the obsessive fan I was back in '03 through '06.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

Ya i still like Bionicle from then to now and i do like Hero Factory as well but i am still more to Bionicle the story was really good and the characters (mostly Vezon and Berix :)). plus i am re-making the Toa Mata and i am working on both my Bionicle and Hero Factory Story and my own story.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Ya i still like Bionicle from then to now and i do like Hero Factory as well but i am still more to Bionicle the story was really good and the characters (mostly Vezon and Berix :)). plus i am re-making the Toa Mata and i am working on both my Bionicle and Hero Factory Story and my own story.

Wow, glad to see someone liked Berix. He's one of the characters from 2009 I've seen the most complaints about. Then again, that may be because the BIONICLE fandom is ridiculously hard to please as soon as voice acting is involved, even more so if the voice is the least bit high-pitched. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Upvote 1

I miss Bionicle and still very much like it (as i mentioned in my previous post on this topic). I am now on a little mission to complete my collection, as well as making mocs of important or iconic characters we havent seen before as sets (some matoran, makuta, toa, rahi, etc.) and some revamps my favorite characters :)

I know I can't say I have the same level of interest as I did by the time it ended, but I can still say I like it. Just bought Nuju Metru and feeling pretty good about it. I've probably acquired about the same amount BIONICLE sets within the last two years as I did 2008-2010. Maybe a little less, but it's fairly close. But I can't say I'm really interested in the story continuing.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Wow, glad to see someone liked Berix. He's one of the characters from 2009 I've seen the most complaints about. Then again, that may be because the BIONICLE fandom is ridiculously hard to please as soon as voice acting is involved, even more so if the voice is the least bit high-pitched.

Wait no one like Berix, How, he's amazing and his Bio is great plus he is the only agori i like out of the others. The guy name James Talor who voiced berix in Bionicle legend reborn was amazing and it fit really good.

But out of that it people opinion if they like a character or not

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wow, glad to see someone liked Berix. He's one of the characters from 2009 I've seen the most complaints about. Then again, that may be because the BIONICLE fandom is ridiculously hard to please as soon as voice acting is involved, even more so if the voice is the least bit high-pitched.

Wait no one like Berix, How, he's amazing and his Bio is great plus he is the only agori i like out of the others. The guy name James Talor who voiced berix in Bionicle legend reborn was amazing and it fit really good.

But out of that it people opinion if they like a character or not

Berix was the best Agori.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

When IF I have children, I will gradually retell the story of the Bionicle in my Turaga Vakama impression.

With the sets for visual backup.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

I remain a devoted diehard fan of BIONICLE. That being said, I don't expect or even really want it to come back. I wasn't crazy about the direction the story was going in, and its retirement is giving me a chance to use eBay to fill in the gaps of the sets I missed. As a young child, I was completely addicted to the sets and story up to the very end. In retrospect, I consider the crowning jewels of the sets to be makes like the Visorak, Vahki, and large sets from 2003-2005. BIONICLE remains one of my biggest inspirations as a writer. I believe the execution of the BIONICLE storyline would have been greatly improved if it was not limited by the toy line. Many characters I was very interested in (mainly the non-canister sets from 2007-2009) didn't have the screentime I was hoping they would, simply because of the massive amounts of characters Greg had to fit in.

With BIONICLE's end, I have "moved on" to LEGO Star Wars and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (the first two episodes are actually kind of like BIONICLE: six elemental heroes learn to master their powers and expel a dark evil, restoring the benevolent godlike leader to his/her status). In 2012, I got a part-time job, which helped counteract how expensive SW sets are (this further opened the gateway for me to really get into the movies more than I was before; I wasn't the "Star Wars nerd" I consider myself to be now until post-BIONICLE). I consider Hero Factory to be inferior to BIONICLE in every way, both set- and story-wise. I never looked into the Ninjago sets, but I found the TV series to strike a desirable balance between cheesy kid stuff and a legitimately interesting and well-written plot. I still indulge in BIONICLE comics and books often, and am as much a fan as I was in the glory days.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Bionicle was a huge part of my childhood, and so, it's simply a huge part of me. So, to answer the question, yeah... I like Bionicle. Always will.

- Heir

Ditto. Even though I have moved on from Bionicle over 7 years ago, I still see it as a special part of my childhood. I keep a Reya Mctoran on my desk just to remind me just how much I loved it.

When IF I have children, I will gradually retell the story of the Bionicle in my Turaga Vakama impression.

This is the reason I have continued collecting the sets. Without this is mind, I would have long since abandoned it.

That is a darn good idea.

Absolutely agreed.

Y'know, I think I have actually been enjoying Bionicle more since it ended, what with the serials (which I didn't read while it was going) and BZPower. The latter especially has kept me enjoying and delving deeper and deeper into Bionicle!

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)