• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Chima! Chima! Chima!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 04:00 PM

LEGO has been going all out for their upcoming 2013 "Chima" product line, declaring to Toy News magazine that it will be the "must-have 2013 boys' toy." They are currently projecting that Chima will sell 30% more than the current wildly-popular Ninjago line. Featuring warring animal-themed tribes, Chima, like Ninjago, includes all kinds of additional games as well as sets. More from the Toy News article on Brickset.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5866]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 04:29 PM

I knew making The Chima Wiki was a good idea. :)Chima already appears to have very big potential. And this time it's clear that LEGO sees its potential, and is already making the best of it.The article also mentions a road show in the UK. I hope that makes its way to the US...
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#3 Offline PowerMiner

PowerMiner
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,110 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 05:28 PM

This is interesting. I don't know if I'll pick up many, seeing as I didn't pick up too many NINJAGO, but we'll have to see.

#4 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,906 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 05:44 PM

More animal-themed HF builds yes.

This looks to be a good theme with cool parts.

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#5 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,167 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 09:24 PM

Gorilla tribe? Hm... I was only aware of the other five.

As for the HF-style buildable figures, this sounds promising. As long as the armor is mostly new and organic-looking. Otherwise they'll be like that Robo-Hulk and Captain A-MECH-rica LEGO gave us earlier this year.

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#6 Online Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,827 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 10:02 PM

Ravens and Wolves?  Why did they make the cool ones evil? T.T

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie - Shuuan

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#7 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 10:04 PM

I love the promise of HF-style sets.  From what I've seen, this is going to be a fantastic line parts-pack wise.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#8 Offline renaldohoek

renaldohoek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 430 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 12:42 AM

Seems to me they're really building up the hype for this line. Don't get me wrong, it's like an interesting concept, but whether or not it'll turn water to ambrosia is debatable.

"Quickly children, we have to buy Legends of Chima sets before the angels of destruction find the portal!"

venture.jpg

#9 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 07:49 AM

I fear they're being a little too optimistic with this line. The sets themselves look fantastic but I don't think there's any guarantee this'll result in a huge demand. I can see they'll sell well but better than Ninjago just because this line has wolves? Hmm...Then again, that's what convinced me time get a few so maybe it'll work on the sproglets as well.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#10 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,732 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:20 AM

I fear they're being a little too optimistic with this line. The sets themselves look fantastic but I don't think there's any guarantee this'll result in a huge demand. I can see they'll sell well but better than Ninjago just because this line has wolves? Hmm...Then again, that's what convinced me time get a few so maybe it'll work on the sproglets as well.

There are never any guarantees of a theme having huge demand, but TLG isn't just throwing darts at a wall and seeing where they stick. When you think about it, there's been a recent resurgence in anthropomorphic animal adventure stories recently, what with the ThunderCats reboot, the Kung Fu Panda TV series, the TMNT reboot, and probably other examples I'm not aware of. That means that the theme is fairly timely. Additionally, Chima definitely maintains a lot of the things that were popular with Ninjago, such as many aspects of its multimedia promotion, the set designs that are sculpted with iconic brick-built motifs (in this case, animals, whereas Ninjago has had skeletons, snakes, and samurai helmets). And considering that TLG expected great things of Ninjago and Friends, both of which exceeded their already high expectations, I think it's likely they've really done their homework with this theme as well.Meanwhile, I should hope that this will do better than Ninjago, since TLG has had an opportunity to learn from Ninjago's successes as well as its failures, and this theme gives them an opportunity to apply what they've learned. Already we have seen that there's more than one female minifigure, which is an improvement over Ninjago and in fact over many LEGO themes from the past decade.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#11 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,812 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:34 AM

Looks to be an interesting Lego line. I most likely won't be getting any of the sets, but I may check out the storyline whenever it comes out.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#12 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:44 AM

[color=#990000;]LEGO is being quite optimistic. I'm very excited about LoC but saying it's going to sell over 30% better than Ninjago seems a bit over the top to me...then again, I thought the outrageous prices of the spinners would stand in the way of Ninjago's success and they flew off the shelves in the end. :P[color=#000080;]-Gata [/color]Posted Image[/color]

Edited by Gatanui, Dec 08 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#13 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hmmm... Didn't they say the same general thing with Herofactory? Is it really as good as Bionicle?  Oh and @ Gatanui: the new game gimmic is $20.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#14 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hmmm... Didn't they say the same general thing with Herofactory? Is it really as good as Bionicle?  Oh and @ Gatanui: the new game gimmic is $20.

[color=#990000;]No, they never claimed HF would surpass BIONICLE's sales, nor even by that much. And anyway, your statement sounds as if HF had turned out a failure, but in fact its sales are quite high.I know the Speedorz sets are more expensive (15€ here as opposed to the 10€ of Ninjago spinners). They do have more pieces, but I hope my prediction concerning the spinners won't fulfill here. Are you sure they cost that much, though? Seems a bit overdone to me.[color=#000080;]-Gata [/color]Posted Image[/color]

#15 Offline Toaraga

Toaraga
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,126 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 02:14 PM

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic.

So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what.

©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | <acronym title="These are the people I" ve="" made="" deals="" with'="">Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. DrakkenNo great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure.Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

#16 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 02:17 PM

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic. So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what. ©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM 

[color=#990000;]It's pronounced Cheem-uh in the commercials.[color=#000080;]-Gata [/color]Posted Image[/color]

#17 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 03:14 PM

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic. So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what. ©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM 

[color=#990000;]It's pronounced Cheem-uh in the commercials.[color=#000080;]-Gata [/color]Posted Image[/color]

Its root would be Chi or Qi, a form of energy  considered to make up all living things, originating in Chinese culture. This is the main principle behind Chima, since each character can use a Chi Orb to activate their Chi state, as seen in this image of Cragger using a Chi Orb against Laval. The Chi state also appears that it will be depicted in set form using the Hero Factory building system later in 2013.

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#18 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 03:59 PM

15 bucks? Good grief... I might grab one. Just to see. And definately a smaller set.

Posted ImageWe do what we must. Because we can.Posted Image these smileys created by Click

Posted Image

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me on any of these.

#19 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 04:41 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]By the way, Meiko, you (or someone else) might want to update TCW. Currently it says that there are five tribes, but with an officially confirmed Gorilla clan, that information is now outdated.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Oh, and certain pages say "wolfs", which should perhaps say "wolves". ;)[/color][/font]

Edited by Chro, Dec 08 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#20 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 05:08 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]By the way, Meiko, you (or someone else) might want to update TCW. Currently it says that there are five tribes, but with an officially confirmed Gorilla clan, that information is now outdated.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Oh, and certain pages say "wolfs", which should perhaps say "wolves". ;)[/color][/font]

Oh right. I thought I got all of the pages, but I guess I missed some. Thanks for pointing it out (but next time, just PM me. :)). 

--
Meiko

#21 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 06:59 PM

its a wiki... Cant anyone do that?

Posted ImageWe do what we must. Because we can.Posted Image these smileys created by Click

Posted Image

#22 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,732 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 09:33 PM

TCW's keeping registration closed until we have some more solid story information, since currently we have very little that amounts to more than rumors (and much of what we do have is translated from other languages, so there's the possibility of info getting lost in translation). But it shouldn't be too long now until we have some really reliable info...

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#23 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 09:46 PM

oh. Shows how often i visit the site...

Posted Image

#24 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:28 PM

One of the things I'm most excited for is the HF-ish sets. ^_^

#25 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 11:11 PM

TCW's keeping registration closed until we have some more solid story information, since currently we have very little that amounts to more than rumors (and much of what we do have is translated from other languages, so there's the possibility of info getting lost in translation). But it shouldn't be too long now until we have some really reliable info...

Actually my primary reason for keeping registration closed is so that all TNW users will be able to have simultaneous logins on both wikis, and when one registers on one site, it works on another, without having to register twice. We are hoping to have TCW open by around Christmas-time. The point about information being added is only a minor concern. We have a large staff team already, so moderation won't be as difficult as it was on The Ninjago Wiki. :)

--
Meiko

#26 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 01:35 AM

Actually my primary reason for keeping registration closed is so that all TNW users will be able to have simultaneous logins on both wikis, and when one registers on one site, it works on another, without having to register twice. We are hoping to have TCW open by around Christmas-time. The point about information being added is only a minor concern. We have a large staff team already, so moderation won't be as difficult as it was on The Ninjago Wiki. :)

GLaD to be on it..... ;) (yes I'll buy you Portal)

iwRQGDg.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users