Chima! Chima! Chima!

LEGO has been going all out for their upcoming 2013 "Chima" product line, declaring to Toy News magazine that it will be the "must-have 2013 boys' toy." They are currently projecting that Chima will sell 30% more than the current wildly-popular Ninjago line. Featuring warring animal-themed tribes, Chima, like Ninjago, includes all kinds of additional games as well as sets. More from the Toy News article on Brickset.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5866]View the full article[/url]

I knew making The Chima Wiki was a good idea. :)Chima already appears to have very big potential. And this time it's clear that LEGO sees its potential, and is already making the best of it.The article also mentions a road show in the UK. I hope that makes its way to the US...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Gorilla tribe? Hm... I was only aware of the other five.

As for the HF-style buildable figures, this sounds promising. As long as the armor is mostly new and organic-looking. Otherwise they'll be like that Robo-Hulk and Captain A-MECH-rica LEGO gave us earlier this year.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ravens and Wolves? Why did they make the cool ones evil? T.T

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I fear they're being a little too optimistic with this line. The sets themselves look fantastic but I don't think there's any guarantee this'll result in a huge demand. I can see they'll sell well but better than Ninjago just because this line has wolves? Hmm...Then again, that's what convinced me time get a few so maybe it'll work on the sproglets as well.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I fear they're being a little too optimistic with this line. The sets themselves look fantastic but I don't think there's any guarantee this'll result in a huge demand. I can see they'll sell well but better than Ninjago just because this line has wolves? Hmm...Then again, that's what convinced me time get a few so maybe it'll work on the sproglets as well.

There are never any guarantees of a theme having huge demand, but TLG isn't just throwing darts at a wall and seeing where they stick. When you think about it, there's been a recent resurgence in anthropomorphic animal adventure stories recently, what with the ThunderCats reboot, the Kung Fu Panda TV series, the TMNT reboot, and probably other examples I'm not aware of. That means that the theme is fairly timely. Additionally, Chima definitely maintains a lot of the things that were popular with Ninjago, such as many aspects of its multimedia promotion, the set designs that are sculpted with iconic brick-built motifs (in this case, animals, whereas Ninjago has had skeletons, snakes, and samurai helmets). And considering that TLG expected great things of Ninjago and Friends, both of which exceeded their already high expectations, I think it's likely they've really done their homework with this theme as well.Meanwhile, I should hope that this will do better than Ninjago, since TLG has had an opportunity to learn from Ninjago's successes as well as its failures, and this theme gives them an opportunity to apply what they've learned. Already we have seen that there's more than one female minifigure, which is an improvement over Ninjago and in fact over many LEGO themes from the past decade.

LEGO is being quite optimistic. I'm very excited about LoC but saying it's going to sell over 30% better than Ninjago seems a bit over the top to me...then again, I thought the outrageous prices of the spinners would stand in the way of Ninjago's success and they flew off the shelves in the end. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hmmm... Didn't they say the same general thing with Herofactory? Is it really as good as Bionicle? Oh and @ Gatanui: the new game gimmic is $20.

No, they never claimed HF would surpass BIONICLE's sales, nor even by that much. And anyway, your statement sounds as if HF had turned out a failure, but in fact its sales are quite high.I know the Speedorz sets are more expensive (15€ here as opposed to the 10€ of Ninjago spinners). They do have more pieces, but I hope my prediction concerning the spinners won't fulfill here. Are you sure they cost that much, though? Seems a bit overdone to me.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic.

So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what.

©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic. So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what. ©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM

It's pronounced Cheem-uh in the commercials.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I guess the good ones are animals that tend to be seen as noble or majestic. So how is "Chima" pronounced anyway? I don't know whether to say "Chim-uh" or "Cheem-uh" or what. ©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM

It's pronounced Cheem-uh in the commercials.-Gata signoff.png

Its root would be Chi or Qi, a form of energy considered to make up all living things, originating in Chinese culture. This is the main principle behind Chima, since each character can use a Chi Orb to activate their Chi state, as seen in this image of Cragger using a Chi Orb against Laval. The Chi state also appears that it will be depicted in set form using the Hero Factory building system later in 2013.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

By the way, Meiko, you (or someone else) might want to update TCW. Currently it says that there are five tribes, but with an officially confirmed Gorilla clan, that information is now outdated.

Oh, and certain pages say "wolfs", which should perhaps say "wolves". ;)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

By the way, Meiko, you (or someone else) might want to update TCW. Currently it says that there are five tribes, but with an officially confirmed Gorilla clan, that information is now outdated.

Oh, and certain pages say "wolfs", which should perhaps say "wolves". ;)

Oh right. I thought I got all of the pages, but I guess I missed some. Thanks for pointing it out (but next time, just PM me. :)).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

its a wiki... Cant anyone do that?

TCW's keeping registration closed until we have some more solid story information, since currently we have very little that amounts to more than rumors (and much of what we do have is translated from other languages, so there's the possibility of info getting lost in translation). But it shouldn't be too long now until we have some really reliable info...

TCW's keeping registration closed until we have some more solid story information, since currently we have very little that amounts to more than rumors (and much of what we do have is translated from other languages, so there's the possibility of info getting lost in translation). But it shouldn't be too long now until we have some really reliable info...

Actually my primary reason for keeping registration closed is so that all TNW users will be able to have simultaneous logins on both wikis, and when one registers on one site, it works on another, without having to register twice. We are hoping to have TCW open by around Christmas-time. The point about information being added is only a minor concern. We have a large staff team already, so moderation won't be as difficult as it was on The Ninjago Wiki. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Actually my primary reason for keeping registration closed is so that all TNW users will be able to have simultaneous logins on both wikis, and when one registers on one site, it works on another, without having to register twice. We are hoping to have TCW open by around Christmas-time. The point about information being added is only a minor concern. We have a large staff team already, so moderation won't be as difficult as it was on The Ninjago Wiki. :)

GLaD to be on it..... ;) (yes I'll buy you Portal)

iwRQGDg.jpg