Artakha (LDD MOC)

My interpretation of Artakha...I know that his armor is meant to be decorated in ancient symbols, and that it is meant to be grey-green but this is MY OWN INTERPRETATION. The inspiration for the mask came to me from an internet picture. The piece used for the eyes is a t-piece, which explains why you would see a small hint of blue close to where his mouthpiece is. So tell me what you guys think!

Main pic

I decided that I will just upload everything to my photostream on the photostream website.

So here is the link to the set.

Enjoy...and be sure to leave feedback on what you would suggest for improvements. And if you'd like I may post the actual LDD file, but I will only do that upon request...or when I become less lazy :P

So that's it!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Whoa, this is a very neat design. IMO, Sand Green is certainly close enough to "gray-green" to match his story description. I like the robed look those pterodactyl wings give him. The mask is also very nice.If I had to pick one part that I really genuinely love, it's the design of the feet and lower legs. It can be very hard to make something that looks like it actually fits the BIONICLE aesthetic on LDD (a lot of BIONICLE MOCs I've seen made on LDD are somewhat junky looking), but this part of the MOC looks like it could have been in a BIONICLE titan set if the theme had actually continued for longer. Other parts do tend towards a smoother aesthetic more typical of Hero Factory, but this part has all the luscious texture that made BIONICLE so distinctive.Since this is on LDD, it's impossible to tell how sturdy it is, or how realistic the range of motion of the hips is. But overall you've done some great work here, creating a character design with a lot of personality and an aesthetic that is all its own. Congratulations!

I'm glad the pterodactyl wings were correctly interpreted as a robe :D Thank you for your opinion...He looked so much better in dark green but since I had to stick to the story description I had no choice.

And the hip is actually articulated but would give you a hard time to pose on LDD. I don't build using groups so that might be the reason why the pieces don't hinge properly.

:tohu:

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Doesn't feel like Artahka to me, I guess, because I don't picture him as physically imposing so much as dangerous by use of his array of powers. I also thought of the Staff of Artahka as being, well, a staff, as opposed to a club-like weapon. :lol:

Physically, nice MOC! Great use of those wing pieces. As Aanchir said, the legs are nice; I also like the hands, but I feel like the arms need some work.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Umm...This is not a staff he's holding...it's his war hammer. The angle sure makes it look like a staff, but I'm pretty sure there's a pic in the set that says 'hammer'...

Yeah... The POP armbrace is one of my "signature" pieces because it covers up gaps nicely as well as gives decent texture to pieces. Now that you think about it there's a few things I want to change about him, so I might post a revamp soon.