Did the Great Beings Expect the Prototype Robot to be Used?

They intended to make a third robot but didn't. So do you think they expected their giant robot project to reform Spherus Magna would fail, or if they expected the prototype robot to be restored and used in place of it?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I'd file it under the failsafes category.

If every failsafe in the MU, well, fails, and the robot goes the same way, then the prototype robot would be their best possible shot at undoing the Shattering.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

While they clearly didn't fix the prototype for Mata Nui to use it, I wonder if they did somehow arrange for him to be able to use it while they were waiting for his return.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

While they clearly didn't fix the prototype for Mata Nui to use it, I wonder if they did somehow arrange for him to be able to use it while they were waiting for his return.

I think they guessed he could figure it out on his own without their intervention, which he did.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I think they did.

....think about the "locks" to get into that chamber at the end of Great Maze. They were all designed for a member of the MU to get in with ease, but a SM native would be confused. The would only make sense if they planned on having a member of the MU come to that area.

That was the area that revealed Mata Nui's true purpose and allowed him to find the power source to power up the robot. Why would they leave the power source laying around to power up the prototype, along with the information to do so hidden behind locks only a MU inhabitant could get into, if they didn't want Mata Nui to power up the bot? Doesn't make much sense otherwise IMO.

Or maybe in secret sometime after the Shattering, if any of them were on Bara Magna.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I tend too belive that they did build it! The third robot was just stashed ofworld somewhere. There was some major 'problem' and it simply couldn't be fixed in time. ( this is all part of my idea for Bionicle's next chapter. Which I'm not going to tell you anything else about). I've been desperately hoping that no one would bring up the third colossus, in case it ruined my chances of using it in Bionicle gen 2 when I eventually get a job at LEGO. I've even got a code name for the project planed out and everything!But I think the idea of the Great beings final false safe in the Valley of the maze and prototype robot reboot makes a lot of sense. ( I think the GBs hade OCD in fake safes).

Edited by northmarch

fishers was right before about things that only MU people would know. I'd forgotten about that. Dual Matrix might also be right in saying that it was a last-ditch effort to make it accesible to Mata Nui.

I tend too belive that they did build it! The third robot was just stashed ofworld somewhere. There was some major 'problem' and it simply couldn't be fixed in time. ( this is all part of my idea for Bionicle's next chapter. Which I'm not going to tell you anything else about).I've been desperately hoping that no one would bring up the third colossus, in case it ruined my chances of using it in Bionicle gen 2 when I eventually get a job at LEGO. I've even got a code name for the project planed out and everything!

I hope you know, Northmarch, that it isn't easy to just, oh you know, up and get hired by Lego. And that aside, one can't simply revive Bionicle with all their own random ideas without any problems. I could list some reasons but I think it's obvious enough. Sorry if I seem a bit rude, I'm not trying to come across that way.

(Not meaning to start a debate or anything.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

fishers was right before about things that only MU people would know. I'd forgotten about that. Dual Matrix might also be right in saying that it was a last-ditch effort to make it accesible to Mata Nui.

I tend too belive that they did build it! The third robot was just stashed ofworld somewhere. There was some major 'problem' and it simply couldn't be fixed in time. ( this is all part of my idea for Bionicle's next chapter. Which I'm not going to tell you anything else about).I've been desperately hoping that no one would bring up the third colossus, in case it ruined my chances of using it in Bionicle gen 2 when I eventually get a job at LEGO. I've even got a code name for the project planed out and everything!

I hope you know, Northmarch, that it isn't easy to just, oh you know, up and get hired by Lego. And that aside, one can't simply revive Bionicle with all their own random ideas without any problems. I could list some reasons but I think it's obvious enough. Sorry if I seem a bit rude, I'm not trying to come across that way.

(Not meaning to start a debate or anything.)

Yeah, that was some good evidence that Fishers found that Mata Nui (or maybe Teridax, had he not turned evil) was meant to enter the Valley of the Maze.

As for Northmarch's dreams, I must say, good luck, and even if you don't get that job, write your ideas down! Even if it doesn't become canon, you can still make a great story.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

They might not have planned it when they were first building it as a prototype; after all, they had no idea at the time whether the concept would even work. But once they figured out a way to make giant robots work, and did not build the third, it's pretty obvious they intended it, yeah.

I wouldn't quite call it a failsafe IMO but a repurposing.

Could be wrong though; they may have hoped the prototype would work so well it could serve as one of the two giant robots that would do the job.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)