Skakdi Elements

We all know that Skakdi can have elements such as fire and stone that can be used in conjunction with another Skakdi. But can they only have the six main elements, or can there be Skakdi of psionics or magnetism, for instance? If the answer is no, does that mean that there can theoretically be a Skakdi of light or shadow?

I, personally, never assumed that Skakdi were restricted to the six primary elements. Not sure if they'd be able to get light or shadow, though--I suppose it would depend on whether Spiriah was skilled and/or knowledgeable enough to program them in.

"Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I'm sure there are Skakdi with elemental powers other than the six main elements. BS01 doesn't say anything about it, but I don't see why there wouldn't be.

As for there being a Skakdi of Light or Shadow, I'm not sure. I suppose a Skakdi could tap into their dark side, like Roodaka, and wield non-elemental Shadow energy. But if they did this, I don't know if they still would need another Skakdi to use that energy. Same goes with the power of Light.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I recently read this question on the OGD and Greg said he doesn't see why there wouldn't be Skakdi of the other elements.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think it all depends on how skilled Spiriah was with manipulating Elemental Powers. Judging from what happened to the Skakdi and the discussion between Mutran and Chirox about his Rahi in the formers chronicle, I would say that Spiriah is not very skilled.

Also I have a theory. There are a lot more Toa that have the six regular Elements that there are Toa that have the power of Sonics or Magnetism. So maybe the more rare Elements are more hard to create or take more time to create, even possibly for the Great Beings. If Spiriah was just starting out experimenting with Elemental Powers, he would probably start with the more ease ones first.

So I think it all boils down to whether or not Spiriah was skilled enough to do other Elements, or had enough time to do them before the Skakdi revolted.

Edited by Pikiru

Skakdi can have any element that a Toa or Matoran can have, with the possible exceptions of Light and Shadow.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

That's a good point. I wonder, though, if the Skakdi had elemental affiliations without powers before Spiriah's alterations, as Matoran do.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

But how could a Skakdi of, say Psionics work with a Skakdi of Gravity or something?

Gravity that psychically affects your mind, I guess.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Yes because Spiriah wouldn't most likely create an element equal to his and the element the makuta hates the most.

No element is more powerful than another. Shadow is just as powerful as any other element. My reasoning was that Shadow-aligned Skakdi wouldn't occur naturally, so when Spiriah granted them Elemental Powers, none were given Shadow powers.Of course, this also assumes that Skakdi had a natural Elemental affinity before being altered by Spiriah... thoughts?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Of course, this also assumes that Skakdi had a natural Elemental affinity before being altered by Spiriah... thoughts?

Interesting idea, but I don't think so. He definitely gave them powers, rather than unlocking latent powers. This wouldn't effect it either way, but I also consider the fact that they each had a vision power and another ability, which were non-elemental. As I said, these abilities don't need to be tied to elemental affinity, but I think that it makes more sense for Spiriah to have given them three sets of powers rather than given two and enabled one.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I don't think it was ever specified that they only had the 6 main elements. It's plausible that they had others as well. I have to say, a Skakdi of Shadow sounds awesome... but unlikely, given that Spiriah granted them their abilities. I doubt he'd want to have Skakdi with the power of shadow running around.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I don't have the quote but this is actually something that I asked Greg about a year ago. I asked if there were Skakdi of other elements such as lightning and he said yes. I didn't ask about light and shadow though, but I would assume that there aren't.

I got this from Greg on May 4, 2010.

4) Skakdi can control elements other than the primary 6, like a Skakdi of lightning right?

4) Yes

I think that the light Skakdi were the first type, as the Av-Matoran.

Remember the skadi were made by a makuta a being of shadow, why would they want more beings with control over light their most feared element

From Bs01:

Mata Nui created the Skakdi, and they existed as a relatively peaceful race.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Skakdi

This explains a lot in my opinion.

PS: sorry for errors, blame the translator.

biofighter_banner_platform.png
http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=418]

I think that the light Skakdi were the first type, as the Av-Matoran.

Remember the skadi were made by a makuta a being of shadow, why would they want more beings with control over light their most feared element

From Bs01:

Mata Nui created the Skakdi, and they existed as a relatively peaceful race.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Skakdi

This explains a lot in my opinion.

Oops I meant that there powerwas granted by a makutha

I'm back!

I reckon ny of the secondary elements could exist within a Skakdi. Although I dought light or shadow would exist; if Spirah gave them the powers then he probably left out those two for reasons stated upove, if he unlocked or enhanced pre-existing abilities then he probably had them killed (for the same reasons, they might be a threat.). As for phonics, I highly dought that any Skakdi would be capable of the mental discipline needed to control this element. As a result of being one short power wise, they probably died off rather quickly.

Some of them certainly had significant mental discipline- for example, Zaktan maintaining control over his dispersed protodites, or Avak creating the perfect prison with his mind. Psionics wouldn't be too difficult, I think, although they'd likely be like an overblown Orde- able to use and control their powers but not always having the desired results... :lol:

but their spirits

Yeah, and I think a violent and undiciplined psionics user would mainly use his/her power to spread madness.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Probably not Light, as no Makuta would ever give someone Light powers. Definitely not the Legendary elements either. I'm not sure if Spiriah mutated the Skakdi before or after the Makuta evolution. If it was after, there are probably no Iron or Magnetism Skakdi as well.

In addition, Vezok is proof that elements do not relate to gender with Skakdi (or they have different female elements?)

For fan-created material, you can use any element.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Probably not Light, as no Makuta would ever give someone Light powers. Definitely not the Legendary elements either. I'm not sure if Spiriah mutated the Skakdi before or after the Makuta evolution. If it was after, there are probably no Iron or Magnetism Skakdi as well. In addition, Vezok is proof that elements do not relate to gender with Skakdi (or they have different female elements?)For fan-created material, you can use any element.
Legendary elements. If you meen life, time, creation. Those are not elements.Probably right about the no iron or mag Skakdi.Can someone check BS01 timeline on the makuta evolution. I haven't got time right now.

Spiriah altered the Skakdi sometime between 45000 and 30000 years before the Makuta evolved.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I don't have the quote but this is actually something that I asked Greg about a year ago. I asked if there were Skakdi of other elements such as lightning and he said yes. I didn't ask about light and shadow though, but I would assume that there aren't.

I got this from Greg on May 4, 2010.

4) Skakdi can control elements other than the primary 6, like a Skakdi of lightning right?

4) Yes

Well, that clears things up a bit. We still don't know how they can use some of those powers in conjunction, though.

Edited by Makuta Matata

I personally think it'd be neat to come up with possible power combinations. (Probably hard to compile a list or something since there are so many possible combinations.) :lol:

One possible "common" gravity effect, I think, could be creating a warped gravity field around a target, drawing in the other Skakdi's attack- for example, pulling fireballs towards a target. Magnetism and iron... hmm. I'd say, in any case, it really depends on what the two Skakdi trying to accomplish- fix or build something, attack someone (it'd also vary be target, I think), et cetera.

Something like lightning is a little more obvious... I think we'd be seeing basic Inika-style attacks of lightning-infused elemental blasts. Sonics could be similar, actually, and so could plasma.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Yeah, and I think a violent and undiciplined psionics user would mainly use his/her power to spread madness.

I also suspect we'd witness copious instances of long-distance 'force-punching'.

That, and Skakdi of Iron combining with Skakdi of Psionics to clock foes with Iron beams. :lol: