Hints at the future of Mata-Nui

27sean

I was playing MNOG, and I was looking at some of the prophecies on the telescope. I need some help determining what some of the markings mean.

There is one symbol with Mata Nui on top, while on the bottom row all six Toa Mata are assembled. Does this have to do with Mata-Nui's future awakening? If not, then are there any other hints to this in the early storyline?

sabbaticgoat.jpg

Divine Seere for the Brotherhood of Legion.

For reference, here is an image of all the signs on the telescope.Judging by the order in which they trigger and the events that take place in the MNOG, it seems to me that the image of all the Toa assembled tells of them joining into Kaita. It is followed by an image of Makuta and then Bohrok, so I find this the most likely answer, especially considering that the group of Toa is shown in two divisions of three.The other alternative is like you say that it is a generic prophesy related to how the Toa must unite to awaken Mata Nui.

I think that's about awakening him (well, his body, at least) from the coma Makuta put him in, not his dormancy in the Mask of Life on Spherus Magna, if that's what you're talking about.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I was playing MNOG, and I was looking at some of the prophecies on the telescope. I need some help determining what some of the markings mean. There is one symbol with Mata Nui on top, while on the bottom row all six Toa Mata are assembled. Does this have to do with Mata-Nui's future awakening? If not, then are there any other hints to this in the early storyline?

I think the Mata assembled was supposed to reference the Toa Kaita. However, there were a huge amount of references early on, even in the MNOLG:-The "Unbreakable Rock Layer" seen in the Onu-Koro mines is obviously Mata Nui's "face."-The Bohrok, obviously.-The Great Sundial seen in the mines, and its function in allowing the Matoran to get inside Mata Nui.-The fact that the Turaga have an uncanny knowledge of exactly where every Kanohi ever was hidden (hinted at 2004, not the Big Robot Reveal, but the point stands that this was all planned out ahead of time).There are more references, of course, but those are just a few examples.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Well the whole story about the robot was planned in the beginning. You can see that in the shape of Mata-Nui

Really? I didnt know that

I believe many noticed that the words for some locations translated into facial features ("Ihu" means nose in Maori, for example), but back then we didn't quite get why, apart from that it was a reasonable naming given the island's general shape. Then comes the later years, and some started to speculate (what with the whole "Karda Nui" (great heart) being required to revive the Great Spirit and all), and surely, we get to know that Mata Nui is the Matoran Universe.

Concept art released in the "Faber Files" and some of GregF's statements confirm that this was a planned plot point, and indeed - I love the MNOG team so much for how they represented all that. The unbreakable rock layer that the Onu-Matoran found first seemed to me to be just a safeguard against Mangaia intruders (since a lift was found under the sundial), but for the Turaga to have hidden so much... well, it's certainly something.

I don't think that marking on the telescope was meant to illustrate Mata Nui's true form, though. The one of his face is a lot more like it. :)

The lower images are simply glimpses at (then) upcoming MNOLG stages.

1. Canister in the foam: Ta-Wahi Beach

2. Tahu: Ta-Koro

3. Gali: Ga-Koro

4. Nui-Jaga: Po-Wahi (no idea what the winged creature is)

5. Onua: Onu-Koro (Onua himself didn't appear due to time constraints, no idea who the slender figure is)

6. Matau: Le-Koro

7. Kopaka: Ko-Wahi

8. Assembled Toa: Kini-Nui

9. Makuta Entrance: Mangaia

10. Tahnok: Bohrok Nest

The upper images are less clear, though a few seem to correspond with those below them:

1. Mata-Nui and Makuta stones

2. Makoki stone fragment

3. Ga-Wahi waves

4. Unknown faces

5. Unknown face

6. Great Hau

7. Mount Ihu

8. Unknown figure

9. Makuta stone

10. Mata-Nui stone

Judging by the order in which they trigger and the events that take place in the MNOG, it seems to me that the image of all the Toa assembled tells of them joining into Kaita. It is followed by an image of Makuta and then Bohrok, so I find this the most likely answer, especially considering that the group of Toa is shown in two divisions of three.

(end quote)

I agree, though it's odd that the divisions aren't accurate to the ones actually used for the Kaita (Pohatu is shown with Kopaka and Gali, and Lewa with Tahu and Onua).

1. Mata-Nui and Makuta stones2. Makoki stone fragment3. Ga-Wahi waves4. Unknown faces5. Unknown face6. Great Hau7. Mount Ihu8. Unknown figure9. Makuta stone10. Mata-Nui stone

4 & 5 are representations of Makuta and his minions(Rahi)

8 is the true form of Mata Dui and the symbol of the Mata Nui legend (You can also see this symbol on the ignika)

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!