• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 5000202 Elrond

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,164 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:56 PM

Posted ImageIf you were lucky enough to preorder the LEGO Lord of the Rings videogame from certain retailers, you got an awesome Elrond minifig. I did just that, and decided to review him for your reading pleasure. You can still find him out there if you look hard enough, and hopefully this review will help you decide if such a hunt is worth it. Read on!View the full article

#2 Offline Great Being #1

Great Being #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff & Fact Team Member

• 2,059 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:44 PM

Quite possibly the best set review I've ever read :P Elrond look pretty cool but he was never one of my favourite characters. His "normal" face looks too angry though imo.

#3 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,425 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm sorry, Andrew, those pictures were just too dark. At least lighten them up in Photoshop or something. :mellow: 

As for the minifig itself, it does indeed look great!  And luckily for the rest of us who didn't preorder the games, the most exclusive pieces (hair, sword) are also being included in some of the Hobbit sets.  Overall, well written review and the pictures are decent but really need to be lightened up!  :)

:music:

Edited by xccj, Dec 11 2012 - 10:57 PM.

b-bolin-03.jpg

#4 Offline Madu Cabolo

Madu Cabolo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 35 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 07:41 AM

I got it! The fig is extremely awesome! Adds to my collection of elves. Now I have Legolas, Haldir, and Elrond. Hopefully will be getting some more with the release of the Hobbit sets. The only problem is that he has a short cape, instead of the long one I had hoped for.

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL

ONE RING TO FIND THEM

ONE RING TO BRING THE ALL

AND IN THE DARKNESS

BIND

THEM

LOTR

AN EPIC STORY OF POWERFUL TOA HEROES...

EVIL VILLAINS WHO LIVE TO DESTROY...

LOCKED IN COMBAT, WITH THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE AT STAKE...

BIONICLE

#5 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,046 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 09:35 AM

I got it! The fig is extremely awesome! Adds to my collection of elves. Now I have Legolas, Haldir, and Elrond. Hopefully will be getting some more with the release of the Hobbit sets. The only problem is that he has a short cape, instead of the long one I had hoped for.

As I mentioned in my review, you can contact LEGO Customer Service and get a replacement. Just make sure you're as specific as possible about the set in question.

#6 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 09:09 PM

Kind of a strange review, since it's just a minifig and you can't but it anymore.  But Elves always deserve reviews.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#7 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,841 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 11:49 AM

It's a shame that this Minifig is hard to find unless you got it from pre-ordering the game. Who wants to bet that it will soon be going to a somewhat high price on Ebay soon?

But anyway, thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#8 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 09:42 PM

Interesting. Like the double-sided  head. Thanks for the review!

#9 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 10:55 PM

A rather unusual review we have here. But I'm glad you put in pictures of the building process. Man, was it complicated. I have one question, though: What is a minifugre? I'm not completely familiar with LOTR terms.

Jokes aside, that outfit is cool, as is the swordstaff. (It would be even cooler to see such a staff with a sword on each end, though!)

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users