Lewa Pronunciation

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lewa it is for me. I also like that better. I also pronounce Vezon as VEH-ZON, where as Greg uses VEY-ZON. I like my way betterbut then thats comming from a guy who pronounced Turaga as TAH-GUR-RAH for 2 years because i thought it was a weird word and i never gave it a second look.. untill i did, and found it was a better pronunciation (and correct spelling).

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Lewa it is for me. I also like that better. I also pronounce Vezon as VEH-ZON, where as Greg uses VEY-ZON. I like my way betterbut then thats comming from a guy who pronounced Turaga as TAH-GUR-RAH for 2 years because i thought it was a weird word and i never gave it a second look.. untill i did, and found it was a better pronunciation (and correct spelling).

You didn't really say how you pronounce it, you just said "Lewa" Well, it's VEH-zok and VEE-zon, which makes no sense since they're twins. Kinda.

I managed to get into the habit of pronouncing his name the official way, but I used to say LEE-wuh.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Well, since I don't feel so alone, I'll say this. I say it LAY-wah, even though it sounds worse. I'm gonna try to make myself say Lewa, just because it sounds cooler. I tried breaking myself of the habit months ago, but was never successful.

It's always been LEE-wah for me. I doubt that will change.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

LEE-wah.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

LOO-wahAlways have always will

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

I cast my vote for "LAY-wah," as it is the "official" pronunciation given by BS01. Further, I prefer 'le.wɑ to 'lei.wɑ but have no idea which would be considered more "correct" (although the use of the letter "Y" in this method of transcribing the pronunciation implies that the diphthong is preferred).Also, LAY-rahk seems to be the correct pronunciation, according to BS01 again.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Lay-wah for me. The promo CD that came with my Kopaka set pronounced it like that, so I did too. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

LAY-wah

I just can't read an 'e' as an 'ay' sound.

Unless you're Dutch, then it comes naturally. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I cast my vote for "LAY-wah," as it is the "official" pronunciation given by BS01. Further, I prefer 'le.wɑ to 'lei.wɑ but have no idea which would be considered more "correct" (although the use of the letter "Y" in this method of transcribing the pronunciation implies that the diphthong is preferred). Also, LAY-rahk seems to be the correct pronunciation, according to BS01 again. ~ BioGio

With Lerahk, Lehvak, and all derivatives of "Le-" referring to the element of air are officially "lay." Funny story, when I first got into BIONICLE, I said "leaf-wa." Then Mask of Light came out, and I started saying "lee," but it's "lay" now. :)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

LAY-wah

Or speek Spanish, German, or, really quite a few other languages. :P

With Lerahk, Lehvak, and all derivatives of "Le-" referring to the element of air are officially "lay."

I was actually responding to a post higher up, FTR. Also, technically neither Lehrakh nor Lehvak refer to the Element of Air, but rather to poison and acid, respectively--which I'm certain is what caused some of the confusion. ~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

LAY-wah

Or speek Spanish, German, or, really quite a few other languages. :P

With Lerahk, Lehvak, and all derivatives of "Le-" referring to the element of air are officially "lay."

I was actually responding to a post higher up, FTR. Also, technically neither Lehrakh nor Lehvak refer to the Element of Air, but rather to poison and acid, respectively--which I'm certain is what caused some of the confusion. ~ BioGio
I'm aware, which is why I mentioned them separately.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Lee-Wah is the way. Lay-wah sounds stupid.

Precisely. I, for one, pro-nounce everything with the 'Le' pre-fix like that as well. One was surprised to find that LAY-wah was official.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

I usually say made up words how they are spelled. In this case I say Lewa Loo-Ah. It sounds best imo, and after so many years, I could never change it. This word is actually older in my head than a lot of the rest of my vocabulary. I knew this word to be Loo-Ah before I knew the word vocabulary, even. After I found out that the canon people had their own official way that differed from mine, I didn't give a Fikou with a bicorn pirate hat. Most of Bionicle is altered in my mind anyways, if it wasn't I wouldn't even like it being the incomplete storyline that it is. I was horrified to find that Hau is HOW though. To me it will always be Hah Oo.

banner.png