New Premier Member Perk

You asked for it and we delivered. Premier Members are now able to invite up to ten other people to a private conversation - allowing them to discuss RPGs, their plans for the weekend, or whatever should trip their fancy. (Note: only the conversation starter needs to be Premier.) Not a Premier Member yet? We have a sale going on until the end of the year. Go help support BZPower and get some cool perks!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5879]View the full article[/url]

Yes! This will be very useful.

Now I just need to find an instance that I can use this for...

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I bet it'll be till forever before I use it (staff get this perk, too), but a great perk regardless, especially for all you RPGers out there. ;)-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Very nice - I can definitely see this being useful for planning things.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Finally! Now those on The Ninjago Wiki and The Chima Wiki staff who aren't in the Skype group can actually know what is going on! :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I love how there was so much backlash to the idea of a "like" system in that it would "discourage actual posting", and then no complaints at all about how expanding private messages to include groups will discourage public group discussion.Not that I'm complaining about this new feature. Frankly, it's come in handy on other sites for things like LDD Relay Community Builds. I'm sure people here on BZPower will find similar uses for it. But it just feels like there's a disconnect between "wanting to promote posting" and "creating yet another alternative to posting". At least a "like" system would allow people to publicly express their opinions (opinions which would otherwise be impossible for many to express without a bunch of spammy posts), unlike a group conversation system which allows people to keep their reactions to BZPower discussion hidden from the public.

I love how there was so much backlash to the idea of a "like" system in that it would "discourage actual posting", and then no complaints at all about how expanding private messages to include groups will discourage public group discussion.Not that I'm complaining about this new feature. Frankly, it's come in handy on other sites for things like LDD Relay Community Builds. I'm sure people here on BZPower will find similar uses for it. But it just feels like there's a disconnect between "wanting to promote posting" and "creating yet another alternative to posting". At least a "like" system would allow people to publicly express their opinions (opinions which would otherwise be impossible for many to express without a bunch of spammy posts), unlike a group conversation system which allows people to keep their reactions to BZPower discussion hidden from the public.

I actually fail to see where you are coming from. I cant really think of anything that would be stopped with group PMs

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Aanchir, some conversation isn't really pertainent to the BZPower forums, and now people who don't use other chat clients can actually talk in a group. I find it really helpful.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Since I rarely PM other members (And not a Premier Member either), this doesn't affect me at all. But its still a great new perk for the Staff, Premier Members, and OBZPCs. I can definitely see it helping out Staff with their duties when the need for this arises, among other uses for it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

*clears throat loudly*

During alignment, this would have been so very, very, nice. because the system we had in place did not work.

But, of coarse, because something might go wrong, and because it can be abused. the only way this can be used is by paying for it.

I'm not against putting it in place, I'm against having to pay for it. So, premiership is now even lower on my priority list.

somewhere behind getting a car. (I'm not explaining that. look on my profile.)

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

But, of coarse, because something might go wrong, and because it can be abused. the only way this can be used is by paying for it.

I'm not against putting it in place, I'm against having to pay for it. So, premiership is now even lower on my priority list.

I'm not quite sure why you're against having to pay for it when you said in the previous sentence that it could be abused. Mass PMing has always been a problem, and it's attractive to potential spammers.It's not like we're taking any functionality away from regular members; we're simply adding another perk for Premier Members.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm not quite sure why you're against having to pay for it when you said in the previous sentence that it could be abused. Mass PMing has always been a problem, and it's attractive to potential spammers.It's not like we're taking any functionality away from regular members; we're simply adding another perk for Premier Members.

so i'ts not available to everyone by default on the forum software?

A lot of things can be abused. posting can be abused, correct? and PMing?

maybe you should make those a PM perk as well.

this site seems very focused on gaining revenue(but the price was raised recently), yet we have very few new, active members to sell it to from what I have seen. I see the same faces all the time around here. and to a point, that's a good thing, but what happens when they start leaving?

and, for me at least, if I was a new member, I would join a differant site. until that changes, I can almost garentee that I will not buy pmship.

While I find it irritating, I'm sure I could shoot a pm to someone if I ever wanted a poll or multiple member conversation bad enough.

which is yet another reason I don't want it. I really don't feel like getting contacted to make a poll, etc.

Edited by Shock wave

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

so i'ts not available to everyone by default on the forum software? A lot of things can be abused. posting can be abused, correct? and PMing?maybe you should make those a PM perk as well. this site seems very focused on gaining revenue(but the price was raised recently), yet we have very few new, active members to sell it to from what I have seen. I see the same faces all the time around here. and to a point, that's a good thing, but what happens when they start leaving? and, for me at least, if I was a new member, I would join a differant site. until that changes, I can almost garentee that I will not buy pmship. While I find it irritating, I'm sure I could shoot a pm to someone if I ever wanted a poll or multiple member conversation bad enough.which is yet another reason I don't want it. I really don't feel like getting contacted to make a poll, etc.

By default? No. We had the option to turn it on if we wanted to.You're correct, posting and PMing can both be abused. That's why we have the New Member policy to monitor new members before giving them full access to those abilities. Everything is within measure though. Posting is the key point of the forum, sending private messages to multiple people is hardly a core feature that everyone would expect to have on a forum.We're not focused on gaining revenue. We are a fan site run by fans and we're trying to keep it running without having to spend too much out of our pockets. I say too much, because we already do spend our own money, as well as time and effort. We do have members joining regularly, but certainly not at the rate we did during Bionicle's heyday. We try to add new features for all members and Premiers to encourage people to stay and also to encourage them to help support the site. If you aren't able to do so, we understand, but we appreciate everyone who does. If you're not interested in donating, that's fine, but please stop complaining about it everywhere, because it's not going to change anytime soon, unless the Administrators suddenly hit it big.