• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ninjago Will Not Be Put Down

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 02:00 PM

It seems as though Ninjago will exceed the average lifespan of a standard line of Lego products after all: It was announced several hours ago by a moderator on the Lego Message Boards that Ninjago will continue in 2014! All your speculation should be directed towards this teaser image, which was attached to the announcement. Are those cyborg ninjas? Who is that mysterious figure reflected in Zane's eyes? The Ninjago Wiki will be keeping tabs on additional information as it develops, but all we can do is wait and theorize in the meantime.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5881]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 02:53 PM

[color=#990000;]Everything I thought I knew about the world...has crumbled. O.o Seriously, though, as long as LoC and Ninjago's story don't suffer from this, this is great news! :D[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#3 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 03:01 PM

Oh man i'm really glad the story continues I hope the cyborg ninjas will be cool. But wasn't one of the mean ninja's a cyborg?

I'm back!

#4 Offline Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 17-September 09
  • 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 03:18 PM

i am extremely curious about this. the post in question seems to be directed specifically at the message boards, but you never know. could be just a story continuation, or maybe there will be new sets(EXTREMELY DOUBTFUL OF THIS)? so many questions. =)

EDIT also also if we got a few mini-movies revolving around what happened to the characters after "Rise of the Spinjitsu Master" i would be so happy. especially if, as extremely extremely extremely unlikely as it is, Pythor is not dead and oh goodness yes that would just be incredible

Edited by Squish, Dec 17 2012 - 03:31 PM.

overlordsukapon.png

#5 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-January 12
  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 03:20 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]*fist pumps*[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]This is great! Even without the show (probably) Ninjago will continue? Awesome![/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Though now that means I have Galaxy Squad, Ninjago, Chima and Hero Factory to get. There goes my savings... :P[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]And FYI: Zane never was a cyborg. He's a nindroid (robot) made by Dr. Juilan. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Still awesome. :D[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey has reached the first destination, the City of Flames...   ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#6 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,259 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 03:40 PM

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Great! I always thought three years was a bit short for such a story-based theme!

v7hquUM.png

#7 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 30-January 06
  • 5,992 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's good that it isn't canceled, but I figured the reason they paused it (I doubt they ever intended to fully cancel it in the first place) was the Chima; seems a little premature to bring it back before they see how that does, but if they can run them both effectively and continuously...

Posted Image

#8 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 21-April 07
  • 2,371 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 04:23 PM

Everyone knows that it isn't cyborg ninjas, and that's just Zane, right?

right?

Anyways, awesome! I hope they'll make more spinners!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#9 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 04:31 PM

Everyone knows that it isn't cyborg ninjas, and that's just Zane, right? right? Anyways, awesome! I hope they'll make more spinners!

Take a look at the reflections in his eyes. His isn't the only glowy robot eye in this picture.Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect, really. It had seemed like Ninjago was coming to a definite close. Instead, it seems it's not even getting a full year's hiatus before the action picks up again. Of course, I'm not going to complain!

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,547 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 04:44 PM

I think it's cool that it's coming back after taking a break for a year.  (Or half a year, anyway.)  Although hopefully the show will continue too... the theme just wouldn't be the same without it!

Exciting news for sure.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#11 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,302 posts

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 04:46 PM

[color=rgb(212,175,55);]Well I'm sure this is going to excite fans of the series.Though personally I was never that interested in it and in fact Chima has me much more intrigued at the moment. Largely because I didn't much care for the TV series since I'm no longer actively collecting sets. So my concern is whether Chima is only going to last a year or if they will run simultaneously. And if so, will one line suffer as a result? Although both LEGO products, they do seem like their fanbases will overlap greatly and compete.~|ET|~[/color]

Edited by Electric Turahk, Dec 17 2012 - 04:47 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#12 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,411 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sweet! So apparently we'll learn where Zane comes from. (As I read the symbolism there.) Presumably cyborgs who are enemies (at least some). Would be a great twist.

#13 Offline ~T1S~

~T1S~
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 21-June 10
  • 1,687 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think Kiina had the right idea back in 2009....

"WAAAAA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!"

As did Garmadon...

"Ninjago is BACK, baby!"

This pleases me.

Sweet! So apparently we'll learn where Zane comes from. (As I read the symbolism there.) Presumably cyborgs who are enemies (at least some). Would be a great twist.

//////

We kinda already know where Zane came from. He was built in a workshop by Dr. Julien, as you may recall. Although I hope it focuses on Zane more as the main character instead of Kai or Lloyd. That's how I interpret the image. Or perhaps it's just to provide more of a hint that the enemies will be robots or something of the like--a similarity to Zane.

Posted Image

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~, Dec 17 2012 - 05:18 PM.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

Recent stuff: ECDR-1000 (BFTGM), EDIT: Move over, Dareth!, 2015 ~T1S~,  EDIT: Vote Mata Nui

#14 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 15-November 05
  • 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wasn't Chima confirmed to be Ninjago's successor? This was kind out of the blue, but either way cyborg ninjas sound rather fun. I'm excited, even if I don't really buy Ninjago sets. ^_^

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

#15 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-June 08
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 05:39 PM

This doesn't make sense... Its awesome that Ninjago will come back, but that poster... Dr. Julien made Zane, so it seems that it can't be "more Zanes", however it could be some kind of internal conflict (like Zane has a virus).  You know, we didn't ever really learn of the overlord's fate, so could he somehow control Zane or something like that?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#16 Offline Studs Not On Top

Studs Not On Top
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 14-November 08
  • 1,170 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:07 PM

Great news! I was getting worried. Hoping Zane will have a double-printed head! The figure in his eyes could be the new enemy. Zane himself might have no more importance than any other Ninja, I think they just used his face for graphic appeal.

Isn't 2014 the year we supposedly get a new minifigure mold?

Formerly "Zedra 2.0".

Posted Image

Credit to Fantasia for the cool banner!

#17 Offline Hakann-The Bully

Hakann-The Bully
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 31-March 07
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:25 PM

That's actually pretty cool :D! The sets were pretty good, so I'm looking forward to what TLG comes up with next xD An aquatic theme for the ninjas perhaps?

Posted Image
Stalwart Defender now, took me long enough XD

#18 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yay! I'm glad that Ninjago will stay around a bit longer. The teaser image makes me wonder if there will be a Zane minifigure with his left eye torn off. Also, I'm surprised that Lloyd didn't appear in that teaser image. What made Zane so special for him to appear instead?

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#19 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 01-August 08
  • 5,065 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:27 PM

[color=#1d1d4b;]Wow okay.Color me interested.Though I'm far more interested in Chima, this is intriguing. [/color]

#20 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hmmmm. Evil Nindroids? A new promo image after the TV show finale? Random questions? Hopefully there will be a TV show restart. IMO, that was the best thing about it.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#21 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 31-December 06
  • 778 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:46 PM

Awesome news for the fans of this line. I never caught any of the episodes or bought any of the sets, but this line does interest me. It is great news that Lego is willing to continue a line that they pretty much already discontinued.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#22 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:59 PM

That's actually pretty cool :D! The sets were pretty good, so I'm looking forward to what TLG comes up with next xD An aquatic theme for the ninjas perhaps?

That would be awesome - definitely something I want to see. :)

iwRQGDg.jpg

#23 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,098 posts

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 07:42 PM

Oh so The Ninjago Wiki is supposed to be keeping you guys up to date on this? Okay, well I got confirmation that there will be more sets in 2014, if you were wondering (and no, that wasn't obvious, because they very well could have continued it with print media like books, comics, or serials).

Anyways, this should be... interesting. I'm concerned how I'm going to manage TNW and TCW at the same time....

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#24 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 07:52 PM

We've known where Zane came from for... like... over half a year. That was revealed in episode 7, "Tick Tock". He's from the hidden lab of Dr. Julien ("The Tinkerer") in the Birchwood Forest.Enemy nindroids are not entirely out of the question-- they were, after all, already used as opponents in the non-canon flash game "Spinjitzu Smash Party" in late 2011 (incidentally, this was the first place we'd heard the term "Nindroid").Just sharing a bit of an update from a later post in the LEGO Message Board thread:

Is Ninjago really ending?Actually, we have more Ninjago sets planned for next year and 2014! Stay tuned to our website, catalog, and club magazine for more information in the future!I heard that the Ninjago cartoon is ending and there won’t be any more episodes. Is that true?We have plans for Ninjago in 2013. We can’t tell you about them just yet.Is Chima replacing Ninjago?Even though we have new Chima sets coming next year, we also have new Ninjago sets too! Chima is a brand new theme, not a replacement for Ninjago. You’ll be able to get more information about Chima and Ninjago after the New Year!

#25 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just sharing a bit of an update from a later post in the LEGO Message Board thread: 

Is Ninjago really ending?Actually, we have more Ninjago sets planned for next year and 2014! Stay tuned to our website, catalog, and club magazine for more information in the future!I heard that the Ninjago cartoon is ending and there won’t be any more episodes. Is that true?We have plans for Ninjago in 2013. We can’t tell you about them just yet.Is Chima replacing Ninjago?Even though we have new Chima sets coming next year, we also have new Ninjago sets too! Chima is a brand new theme, not a replacement for Ninjago. You’ll be able to get more information about Chima and Ninjago after the New Year!

Whoa... That's pretty interesting. Really, I'm not sure where the news got the idea Ninjago wasn't returning until 2014, though. I don't see anything that said so.

Besides, technically we already knew there would be at least a few more Ninjago sets next year. (or us cheaters did, anyhow...) Of course, I'd thought that would be it. But there's more set for 2013? Possibly more episodes of the show included even? Wow, cool. That'll be exciting!

Ninjago, Friends, Legends of Chima... So when are we going to see such a theme about pirates?

Edited by TahuNuvaFan, Dec 17 2012 - 08:23 PM.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#26 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 15-October 12
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 09:36 PM

I'm not a fan of Ninjago but i am glad it's exceeding the Lego theme lifespan. :D

Hey, Hau's It going

#27 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 09-April 10
  • 5,603 posts

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 11:07 PM

With how successful Ninjago has been, it doesn't surpirse me that the theme will be getting more sets and a continuation in its storyline. Hopefully the TV show returns continues as well, because I thought that it was really good.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#28 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,087 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 12:08 AM

Eeh, not sure how I feel about this. It's kind of getting old. I hope they do this to Chima, if it's good. Posted Image

Edited by Bambi, Dec 18 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#29 Offline Stan McStudz

Stan McStudz
  • Members
  • Toa

• 21-June 09
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 12:24 AM

So... With Ninjago taking a break for a while, then coming back as a continuation...

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The LEGO Group takes a break from one theme, then brings it back a bit later?

A small connection, but still...

THERE MAY BE HOPE YET FOR BIONICLE.

Be sure to check out Of Morons, Kanohi and a Doctor, written by myself and ~The 1st Shadow~.

#30 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 01-August 08
  • 5,065 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 12:34 AM

So... With Ninjago taking a break for a while, then coming back as a continuation... Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The LEGO Group takes a break from one theme, then brings it back a bit later? A small connection, but still... THERE MAY BE HOPE YET FOR BIONICLE.

[color=#1b4d1b;]Ninjago is only taking a break for half a year and LEGO made sure to note that it will return still a full year before. Besides which, it's normal for System lines to run concurrently with each other, while Bionicle's return would most likely mean HF would end. And we have no indication of that yet.Not to mention that Ninjago is far more popular now than Bionicle was when it ended[/color]

#31 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Toa

• 21-September 12
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 01:19 AM

Cool. This makes it a bit weird that they labeled the 2013 sets 'the final battle'.Just thought of this, zane was created to protect others who could not protect themselves, maybe Doc.J made others like zane before for some big baddie or Manley they just went rough. Zane was different and Doc.J raised the last one, Zane, as his son. Now their back and the ninja are called into battle again! Of the ninja could just be getting new gear. Either way I hope they bring in some new ninja, maybe trainees?

#32 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 10-July 09
  • 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 03:31 AM

[color=#ff0000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I'm happy for the line. I love the little ninjas :)[/color][/font]

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#33 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 05:59 AM

Perhaps this will be a test by LEGO on whether they can successfully field two similar themes simultaneously. I don't know what it might mean for the near future, but if successful, it may draw LEGO towards perhaps relaunching BIONICLE alongside Hero Factory or a similar theme.

Of course, as with BIONICLE and its story, I don't really care for Ninjago coming back if it loses its charm. We'll see.

#34 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,367 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 09:34 AM

So... With Ninjago taking a break for a while, then coming back as a continuation...

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The LEGO Group takes a break from one theme, then brings it back a bit later?

A small connection, but still...

THERE MAY BE HOPE YET FOR BIONICLE.

Keep in mind that the situation with this is very different from Bionicle. So far, Ninjago hasn't even taken a break; there's more sets due for early next year and based on this, it may keep going at the same pace for the summer wave. Bionicle, on the other hand, has been gone for more than two full years. And with Chima getting its own constraction sets, if Bionicle were to return it would be a third constraction line (since Chima is likely to be a success and Hero Factory has not seemed to lose any steam).

Lego has brought back themes after their "end" before, like with the Orient Expedition theme that was pretty much a continuation of Adventurers. But the issue with bringing back Bionicle is that it had legitimate issues that led to its end, and not all of those are the ones made better by time. In particular, the backstory to Bionicle could be considered to have become even more restrictive since its end, since now the old books and other media are even harder to come by. And while many have suggested rebooting it with less emphasis on backstory, that sounds an awful lot like what was attempted to little effect in both 2004, 2006, and 2009.Anyway, back on the topic of Ninjago: it's great to see that it'll be continuing. Of course, that means just one more source of strain on my wallet, since Chima and Galaxy Squad also look so excellent, and that's not even taking into account what new themes could show up this summer.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#35 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,098 posts

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 10:51 AM

In my opinion, if Bionicle were to return, it would be almost identical to Hero Factory, because I doubt LEGO would have two constraction building styles going at once (so it would almost certainly have Hero Factory's building style). I think it would be pointless for LEGO to do something like that, because two constraction themes for similar "fighting robots" would be unpractical. 

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#36 Offline Kavu

Kavu
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-March 11
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 12:04 PM

Well this is nice of them. Considering they dumped their last big story-driven franchise without further ado,,, 

Edited by The Great Being Velika, Dec 18 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#37 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well this is nice of them. Considering they dumped their last big story-driven franchise without further ado,,, 

The difference is that Ninjago is still going strong as far as sales are concerned, while BIONICLE was cancelled after years of decline.According to Mark Stafford, a Ninjago set designer, on Brickset: "LoC and Ninjago have very little to do with one another (apart from sharing a few Designers) - Chima was never 'replacing' Ninjago (except maybe in the marketing/advertising budget) and any decision made about ending or continuing Ninjago has nothing to do with the Chima theme. Some marketing person in the US linked his excitement about the new theme of LoC to Ninjago ending and for some reason now everyone has to like one or the other? It's nuts - no one argues about room for both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars!"Enjoy having two quite different yet awesome LEGO created universes running side by side (as they will be in January) for as long as you can. This is lightening in a bottle twice over and perhaps the Golden Age of LEGO play themes. The Chima TV show is great and the universe, as you'll find out soon, is just as awesome but distinctly different from Ninjago, this is is going to be a fun ride!"So apparently Kevin Hinkle's statement that Ninjago would end after 2012 was not only misdated, but flat-out wrong. Chima was apparently designed as a separate "big bang" theme rather than as a successor to Ninjago, and as such it's not even clear whether we should expect a Ninjago hiatus! (Well, the show will certainly be on hiatus for a while, but it wouldn't be the first time.)

#38 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 20-October 11
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 01:48 PM

Great news! I was getting worried. Hoping Zane will have a double-printed head! The figure in his eyes could be the new enemy. Zane himself might have no more importance than any other Ninja, I think they just used his face for graphic appeal. Isn't 2014 the year we supposedly get a new minifigure mold?

And Kai's vehicles are red and have wheels!

The difference is that Ninjago is still going strong as far as sales are concerned, while BIONICLE was cancelled after years of decline.According to Mark Stafford, a Ninjago set designer, on Brickset: "LoC and Ninjago have very little to do with one another (apart from sharing a few Designers) - Chima was never 'replacing' Ninjago (except maybe in the marketing/advertising budget) and any decision made about ending or continuing Ninjago has nothing to do with the Chima theme. Some marketing person in the US linked his excitement about the new theme of LoC to Ninjago ending and for some reason now everyone has to like one or the other? It's nuts - no one argues about room for both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars!"Enjoy having two quite different yet awesome LEGO created universes running side by side (as they will be in January) for as long as you can. This is lightening in a bottle twice over and perhaps the Golden Age of LEGO play themes. The Chima TV show is great and the universe, as you'll find out soon, is just as awesome but distinctly different from Ninjago, this is is going to be a fun ride!"So apparently Kevin Hinkle's statement that Ninjago would end after 2012 was not only misdated, but flat-out wrong. Chima was apparently designed as a separate "big bang" theme rather than as a successor to Ninjago, and as such it's not even clear whether we should expect a Ninjago hiatus! (Well, the show will certainly be on hiatus for a while, but it wouldn't be the first time.)
You've watched the Chima Show?

Edited by Devorath, Dec 18 2012 - 01:46 PM.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#39 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 04:44 PM

Great news! I was getting worried. Hoping Zane will have a double-printed head! The figure in his eyes could be the new enemy. Zane himself might have no more importance than any other Ninja, I think they just used his face for graphic appeal. Isn't 2014 the year we supposedly get a new minifigure mold?

And Kai's vehicles are red and have wheels!

You've watched the Chima Show?

No, that whole paragraph was part of a quote by Mark Stafford, a Ninjago and Chima set designer.

#40 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 05:32 PM

sooooooooooo... does this mean more spinners?

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users