Ninjago Will Not Be Put Down

It seems as though Ninjago will exceed the average lifespan of a standard line of Lego products after all: It was announced several hours ago by a moderator on the Lego Message Boards that Ninjago will continue in 2014! All your speculation should be directed towards this teaser image, which was attached to the announcement. Are those cyborg ninjas? Who is that mysterious figure reflected in Zane's eyes? The Ninjago Wiki will be keeping tabs on additional information as it develops, but all we can do is wait and theorize in the meantime.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5881]View the full article[/url]

i am extremely curious about this. the post in question seems to be directed specifically at the message boards, but you never know. could be just a story continuation, or maybe there will be new sets(EXTREMELY DOUBTFUL OF THIS)? so many questions. =)

EDIT also also if we got a few mini-movies revolving around what happened to the characters after "Rise of the Spinjitsu Master" i would be so happy. especially if, as extremely extremely extremely unlikely as it is, Pythor is not dead and oh goodness yes that would just be incredible

Edited by Squish

overlordsukapon.png

*fist pumps*

This is great! Even without the show (probably) Ninjago will continue? Awesome!

Though now that means I have Galaxy Squad, Ninjago, Chima and Hero Factory to get. There goes my savings... :P

And FYI: Zane never was a cyborg. He's a nindroid (robot) made by Dr. Juilan.

Still awesome. :D

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

It's good that it isn't canceled, but I figured the reason they paused it (I doubt they ever intended to fully cancel it in the first place) was the Chima; seems a little premature to bring it back before they see how that does, but if they can run them both effectively and continuously...

Everyone knows that it isn't cyborg ninjas, and that's just Zane, right? right? Anyways, awesome! I hope they'll make more spinners!

Take a look at the reflections in his eyes. His isn't the only glowy robot eye in this picture.Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect, really. It had seemed like Ninjago was coming to a definite close. Instead, it seems it's not even getting a full year's hiatus before the action picks up again. Of course, I'm not going to complain!

I think it's cool that it's coming back after taking a break for a year. (Or half a year, anyway.) Although hopefully the show will continue too... the theme just wouldn't be the same without it!

Exciting news for sure.

:music:

Well I'm sure this is going to excite fans of the series.Though personally I was never that interested in it and in fact Chima has me much more intrigued at the moment. Largely because I didn't much care for the TV series since I'm no longer actively collecting sets. So my concern is whether Chima is only going to last a year or if they will run simultaneously. And if so, will one line suffer as a result? Although both LEGO products, they do seem like their fanbases will overlap greatly and compete.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Sweet! So apparently we'll learn where Zane comes from. (As I read the symbolism there.) Presumably cyborgs who are enemies (at least some). Would be a great twist.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think Kiina had the right idea back in 2009....

"WAAAAA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!"

As did Garmadon...

"Ninjago is BACK, baby!"

This pleases me.

Sweet! So apparently we'll learn where Zane comes from. (As I read the symbolism there.) Presumably cyborgs who are enemies (at least some). Would be a great twist.

//////

We kinda already know where Zane came from. He was built in a workshop by Dr. Julien, as you may recall. Although I hope it focuses on Zane more as the main character instead of Kai or Lloyd. That's how I interpret the image. Or perhaps it's just to provide more of a hint that the enemies will be robots or something of the like--a similarity to Zane.

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

This doesn't make sense... Its awesome that Ninjago will come back, but that poster... Dr. Julien made Zane, so it seems that it can't be "more Zanes", however it could be some kind of internal conflict (like Zane has a virus). You know, we didn't ever really learn of the overlord's fate, so could he somehow control Zane or something like that?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Awesome news for the fans of this line. I never caught any of the episodes or bought any of the sets, but this line does interest me. It is great news that Lego is willing to continue a line that they pretty much already discontinued.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Oh so The Ninjago Wiki is supposed to be keeping you guys up to date on this? Okay, well I got confirmation that there will be more sets in 2014, if you were wondering (and no, that wasn't obvious, because they very well could have continued it with print media like books, comics, or serials).

Anyways, this should be... interesting. I'm concerned how I'm going to manage TNW and TCW at the same time....

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

We've known where Zane came from for... like... over half a year. That was revealed in episode 7, "Tick Tock". He's from the hidden lab of Dr. Julien ("The Tinkerer") in the Birchwood Forest.Enemy nindroids are not entirely out of the question-- they were, after all, already used as opponents in the non-canon flash game "Spinjitzu Smash Party" in late 2011 (incidentally, this was the first place we'd heard the term "Nindroid").Just sharing a bit of an update from a later post in the LEGO Message Board thread:

Is Ninjago really ending?Actually, we have more Ninjago sets planned for next year and 2014! Stay tuned to our website, catalog, and club magazine for more information in the future!I heard that the Ninjago cartoon is ending and there won’t be any more episodes. Is that true?We have plans for Ninjago in 2013. We can’t tell you about them just yet.Is Chima replacing Ninjago?Even though we have new Chima sets coming next year, we also have new Ninjago sets too! Chima is a brand new theme, not a replacement for Ninjago. You’ll be able to get more information about Chima and Ninjago after the New Year!

Just sharing a bit of an update from a later post in the LEGO Message Board thread:

Is Ninjago really ending?Actually, we have more Ninjago sets planned for next year and 2014! Stay tuned to our website, catalog, and club magazine for more information in the future!I heard that the Ninjago cartoon is ending and there won’t be any more episodes. Is that true?We have plans for Ninjago in 2013. We can’t tell you about them just yet.Is Chima replacing Ninjago?Even though we have new Chima sets coming next year, we also have new Ninjago sets too! Chima is a brand new theme, not a replacement for Ninjago. You’ll be able to get more information about Chima and Ninjago after the New Year!

Whoa... That's pretty interesting. Really, I'm not sure where the news got the idea Ninjago wasn't returning until 2014, though. I don't see anything that said so.

Besides, technically we already knew there would be at least a few more Ninjago sets next year. (or us cheaters did, anyhow...) Of course, I'd thought that would be it. But there's more set for 2013? Possibly more episodes of the show included even? Wow, cool. That'll be exciting!

Ninjago, Friends, Legends of Chima... So when are we going to see such a theme about pirates?

Edited by TahuNuvaFan

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

With how successful Ninjago has been, it doesn't surpirse me that the theme will be getting more sets and a continuation in its storyline. Hopefully the TV show returns continues as well, because I thought that it was really good.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So... With Ninjago taking a break for a while, then coming back as a continuation... Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The LEGO Group takes a break from one theme, then brings it back a bit later? A small connection, but still... THERE MAY BE HOPE YET FOR BIONICLE.

Ninjago is only taking a break for half a year and LEGO made sure to note that it will return still a full year before. Besides which, it's normal for System lines to run concurrently with each other, while Bionicle's return would most likely mean HF would end. And we have no indication of that yet.Not to mention that Ninjago is far more popular now than Bionicle was when it ended

AXKP5KC.png

Cool. This makes it a bit weird that they labeled the 2013 sets 'the final battle'.Just thought of this, zane was created to protect others who could not protect themselves, maybe Doc.J made others like zane before for some big baddie or Manley they just went rough. Zane was different and Doc.J raised the last one, Zane, as his son. Now their back and the ninja are called into battle again! Of the ninja could just be getting new gear. Either way I hope they bring in some new ninja, maybe trainees?

Perhaps this will be a test by LEGO on whether they can successfully field two similar themes simultaneously. I don't know what it might mean for the near future, but if successful, it may draw LEGO towards perhaps relaunching BIONICLE alongside Hero Factory or a similar theme.

Of course, as with BIONICLE and its story, I don't really care for Ninjago coming back if it loses its charm. We'll see.

How well will you die?

So... With Ninjago taking a break for a while, then coming back as a continuation...

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The LEGO Group takes a break from one theme, then brings it back a bit later?

A small connection, but still...

THERE MAY BE HOPE YET FOR BIONICLE.

Keep in mind that the situation with this is very different from Bionicle. So far, Ninjago hasn't even taken a break; there's more sets due for early next year and based on this, it may keep going at the same pace for the summer wave. Bionicle, on the other hand, has been gone for more than two full years. And with Chima getting its own constraction sets, if Bionicle were to return it would be a third constraction line (since Chima is likely to be a success and Hero Factory has not seemed to lose any steam).

Lego has brought back themes after their "end" before, like with the Orient Expedition theme that was pretty much a continuation of Adventurers. But the issue with bringing back Bionicle is that it had legitimate issues that led to its end, and not all of those are the ones made better by time. In particular, the backstory to Bionicle could be considered to have become even more restrictive since its end, since now the old books and other media are even harder to come by. And while many have suggested rebooting it with less emphasis on backstory, that sounds an awful lot like what was attempted to little effect in both 2004, 2006, and 2009.Anyway, back on the topic of Ninjago: it's great to see that it'll be continuing. Of course, that means just one more source of strain on my wallet, since Chima and Galaxy Squad also look so excellent, and that's not even taking into account what new themes could show up this summer.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

In my opinion, if Bionicle were to return, it would be almost identical to Hero Factory, because I doubt LEGO would have two constraction building styles going at once (so it would almost certainly have Hero Factory's building style). I think it would be pointless for LEGO to do something like that, because two constraction themes for similar "fighting robots" would be unpractical.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well this is nice of them. Considering they dumped their last big story-driven franchise without further ado,,,

The difference is that Ninjago is still going strong as far as sales are concerned, while BIONICLE was cancelled after years of decline.According to Mark Stafford, a Ninjago set designer, on Brickset: "LoC and Ninjago have very little to do with one another (apart from sharing a few Designers) - Chima was never 'replacing' Ninjago (except maybe in the marketing/advertising budget) and any decision made about ending or continuing Ninjago has nothing to do with the Chima theme. Some marketing person in the US linked his excitement about the new theme of LoC to Ninjago ending and for some reason now everyone has to like one or the other? It's nuts - no one argues about room for both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars!"Enjoy having two quite different yet awesome LEGO created universes running side by side (as they will be in January) for as long as you can. This is lightening in a bottle twice over and perhaps the Golden Age of LEGO play themes. The Chima TV show is great and the universe, as you'll find out soon, is just as awesome but distinctly different from Ninjago, this is is going to be a fun ride!"So apparently Kevin Hinkle's statement that Ninjago would end after 2012 was not only misdated, but flat-out wrong. Chima was apparently designed as a separate "big bang" theme rather than as a successor to Ninjago, and as such it's not even clear whether we should expect a Ninjago hiatus! (Well, the show will certainly be on hiatus for a while, but it wouldn't be the first time.)

Great news! I was getting worried. Hoping Zane will have a double-printed head! The figure in his eyes could be the new enemy. Zane himself might have no more importance than any other Ninja, I think they just used his face for graphic appeal. Isn't 2014 the year we supposedly get a new minifigure mold?

And Kai's vehicles are red and have wheels!

Well this is nice of them. Considering they dumped their last big story-driven franchise without further ado,,,

The difference is that Ninjago is still going strong as far as sales are concerned, while BIONICLE was cancelled after years of decline.According to Mark Stafford, a Ninjago set designer, on Brickset: "LoC and Ninjago have very little to do with one another (apart from sharing a few Designers) - Chima was never 'replacing' Ninjago (except maybe in the marketing/advertising budget) and any decision made about ending or continuing Ninjago has nothing to do with the Chima theme. Some marketing person in the US linked his excitement about the new theme of LoC to Ninjago ending and for some reason now everyone has to like one or the other? It's nuts - no one argues about room for both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars!"Enjoy having two quite different yet awesome LEGO created universes running side by side (as they will be in January) for as long as you can. This is lightening in a bottle twice over and perhaps the Golden Age of LEGO play themes. The Chima TV show is great and the universe, as you'll find out soon, is just as awesome but distinctly different from Ninjago, this is is going to be a fun ride!"So apparently Kevin Hinkle's statement that Ninjago would end after 2012 was not only misdated, but flat-out wrong. Chima was apparently designed as a separate "big bang" theme rather than as a successor to Ninjago, and as such it's not even clear whether we should expect a Ninjago hiatus! (Well, the show will certainly be on hiatus for a while, but it wouldn't be the first time.)
You've watched the Chima Show? Edited by Devorath

DevBannerwithInterests.png

Great news! I was getting worried. Hoping Zane will have a double-printed head! The figure in his eyes could be the new enemy. Zane himself might have no more importance than any other Ninja, I think they just used his face for graphic appeal. Isn't 2014 the year we supposedly get a new minifigure mold?

And Kai's vehicles are red and have wheels!

You've watched the Chima Show?

No, that whole paragraph was part of a quote by Mark Stafford, a Ninjago and Chima set designer.