Best wave?

ARROW404

Which wave of sets would you say was your favorite? Personally I'd have to say the Metru, because they had good gear works, nice-looking masks and builds, and had double-use weapons (I miss those). Plus, they still had actual collectibles, although I still liked the Mask packs better.

Also, which was your least favorite? Personally, I'd have to say the Mistika. The Hordika were pretty bad, but somehow I still liked their designs a bit. The Mistika looked like they had all had close encounters with some mode of public transportation. Onua was LANKY, for crying out loud!

(By the way, to clarify, by wave I meant just the 6 sets, not the year. So, the Piraka and the Inika would count separately.)

I hope this isn't a dupe. Do what you do if it is, though.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

This is a great Topic by the way. Best Wave I would have to say that would go to the summer of 2007 I mean the Toa were all great sets and the titan sets were great too. Honestly 2007 was my favorite wave due to the fact of the new parts and amazing masks and last but not least the new Titan sets as they were great large builds and honestly they were just fun to make.

I'd say for me, it's a tie between the Barraki and the Rahkshi. Barraki was the first group where they were all pretty unique, and all were well designed, I think. The Rahkshi may have been clones, but their design was just too cool.

The Toa Metru and the Phantoka are also in a tie for a close second.

rahkshi_symbol.png

This is a great Topic by the way.

---

Aaaaaaa!

I changed the topic to ask what your least favorite was too.

By the way, to clarify, by wave I meant just the 6 sets, not the year. So, the Piraka and the Inika would count separately.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I gotta say that the Toa Inika line defeats the Phantoka as my favorite. Both lines had awesome launchers, their colors were really nice, and, come on, light-up swords? Try and say thats not awesome!

As for least favorite, I may have to go with Toa Mahri. Hahli just broke too much, Jaller had a wierd crab thingy, Hewkii had those annoying chains, Kongu didn't really have a weapon, nor did Nuparu, and Matoro may be the only really good one out of the bunch. Not to mention the blasters. Although the Hordika come close next to them.

Inika, they just got hyped up among the old clique of Bionicle fans I used to be part of. One of them got Matoro and brought it in, and it was awesome. I then steadily proceeded to buy the full collection. Starting with Matoro, then Hewkii, then Jaller and Nuparu, then eventually I got Hahli and Kongu on my birthday. Surprised how much detail I remember that in, I could add more here, but I'm not gonna bore people. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Inika, they just got hyped up among the old clique of Bionicle fans I used to be part of. One of them got Matoro and brought it in, and it was awesome. I then steadily proceeded to buy the full collection. Starting with Matoro, then Hewkii, then Jaller and Nuparu, then eventually I got Hahli and Kongu on my birthday. Surprised how much detail I remember that in, I could add more here, but I'm not gonna bore people. :P

If it means anything, I remember getting all my Toa Metru and that was back in 2004.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I'm crossed between the Piraka and the Barraki. I just love the Piraka design. Simple, easy to build, but AWESOME! The Barraki were great for the fact the each one was different. The Phantoka/Mistika were good too though.

I would have to say my least favorite would be the Stars from 2010. I hate the fact that Takanuva, Gresh, and a Skakdi were the size of Agori! They explained Tahu OK, and I guess I can understand the new design of Rahkshi being smaller. But they gave no explanation for Takanuva being shrunk from a titan to Agori size, nor for Gresh's new appearance. And Nektann is the worst of them all: he was described as being larger than other Skakdi, but this set was smaller than the 2006 Piraka sets!

Another reason to not like these sets is the fact that they are almost exactly the same as the previous two years. The Av-Matoran in 2008, the Agori of 2009, and the Stars of 2010, were practically all the same sets, just with different colors and masks! Same body, legs/arms, and feet.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

The Toa Mahri were my favorite. They had the full range of motion of the Inika, they didn't have the silly organic masks and round heads, and they had a lot of cool weapons and stuff.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Phantoka for the win! The sets were well rounded, some had more than 2 play features, great new parts,and overall awesome intro to karda nui! I also must say, I thouroughly enjoy making phantoka themed mocs. It takes a little imagination when thinking of how to stay in the air!

Least favorite? I am going to have to say the Mistika just because the 3 toa nuva looked nothing like themselves.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Favs: I think the original Mata are the winners. The sets have improved over time for better articulation and such, but the simple-but-effective designs of the original Toa are still my favorites in Bionicle. Additionally, the Piraka were some of the best sets with personality, so I might as well mention them too.

Worst: Hordika. They were ugly. There was a storyline reason for why they were ugly, but that doesn't make them any less ugly, IMO. And for dishonorable mention, might as well point out the Stars sets, which were nice tributes but really horrible set designs for the most part.

:music:

I am a fan of geared sets, so hordika and older are all good for my taste. If i had to pick one i'd say either bohrok-kal or the original toa nuva. Toa metru had horrible hands.

After the gears were removed, the sets became "customizable Barbies" - I do not buy lego to get an action figure. Still bought them, but mainly for parts for MOCs. The launchers just didn't cut it.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Best wave?

huge-wave.jpg

This one, clearly.

(:P)

Jokes aside, I liked the Inika. They had almost all new parts, revolutionized canister sets, and introduced a standard build that would later become the norm for almost all sets. People can complain about the Inika torso all they want - and rightly so - but its versatility, sheer number of connection points, and wide range of colors in which it came made it far and away the single best pre-made torso BIONICLE ever had. It got old after a good while, and I think the Inika get some of the scrutiny because they started it, but they were still pretty good sets.

My runner-up would probably be the 2006 titans, a.k.a. the best titan wave ever. When even the combiners look good, you know you have a good wave.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Personally I thought the Mahri or the Barraki were my favorite. The deep sea theme had some very creative designs and pieces, honestly. My least favorite would have to be the Toa Nuva - I frankly don't understand their popularity, because they weren't really good looking sets and didn't offer very good pieces, with the exception of the Nuva feet, but that is my opinion, nothing more.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

LONG LIVE METRU NUI!!!!!!!!!!!

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

My favorite would probably be the 2001-02 Toa Mata/Nuva sets. They were very original but very well designed. As for my least favorite, which was a hard choice, is a tie between the Glatorian and the Phantoka.

The 2006 sets were all amazing waves.The Voya Nui Matoran were all unique and fun to build and play with, and brought back the Metru masks. They were a great way to bring in the other 2006 waves, and set the stage for the Voya Nui story.The Piraka were very cool villains, and featured the awesome new features of rubber heads and spines, glow in the dark teeth, light-up eyes, and they had new (or brought back old) colors, and all had many, many new pieces and very cool weapons, not the mention the launchers. They were very innovative and all very different, and had very cool pieces and the canisters, if I am right, were the last cylindrical canisters.The Toa Inika, shortly afterwards, were just as cool. They had the light-up weapons, upgraded launchers, another set of brand-new pieces and armors, the rubber masks and special heads, and some even had translucent pieces on their limbs. Very impressive, and like the Piraka, all had a sense of unity and uniqueness at the same time. The canisters, while a different shape, had the very bold designs and the try-me features just like the Piraka canisters with their light-up head feature.Heck, even the Titan sets blew the past sets out of the water. 2006 was a very good year for good waves of sets :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

2006 and 2008 are tied for second for having the best selection of sets.

2006 introduced the awesome little Doomtoran, the Piraka, and the Inika, but 2008 had the Toa Nuva, Makutas other than Teridax, and sweet vehicles.

And I said tied for second because 2001 always has been my favorite year of Bionicle.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Guest AdaptingChaos

I have to go with the Phantoka and Mistika as my favorite waves, I just liked the idea of the old Toa Nuva characters returning. I also liked these waves because we got some really cool forms of Makuta. My least favorite would have to be the Visorak, I just never got an awesome feel for these sets as I did with the other waves.

• 5 weeks later...
I have to go with the Phantoka and Mistika as my favorite waves, I just liked the idea of the old Toa Nuva characters returning. I also liked these waves because we got some really cool forms of Makuta. My least favorite would have to be the Visorak, I just never got an awesome feel for these sets as I did with the other waves.

I posted this before the hack, and I still agree with what I said :)

EDIT: However, I have begun growing a liking for the Glatorian :)

Edited by AdaptingChaos