Best wave?

ARROW404

I'd say my favorite wave is either early 2002 (despite not being into Bionicle back then, I appreciate the old-school sets, especially all the collectibles) or late 2006 (great Toa, great titans, and the Piraka were great too) just for nostalgia and overall quality.

My least favorite has to be either early 2003 (the Bohrok-Kal were cool, but it's kinda obvious they were shoddily thrown together so that MoL could be hyped up as the big thing) or 2010 (the Stars were an awful conclusion to such a great franchise), but I kinda have a grudge against all of 2009 just for how random and convoluted the soft reboot ended up being, though that's more of a story thing- still influences my views on the sets a bit though.

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

If I had to pick one wave it would be the Piraka because their sets actually had personality, and I loved them in the storyline too. The worst wave would have to be the Stars because the design was flat-out lazy in my opinion, which was disappointing because they were supposed to be a homage to Bionicle in general.

Piraka was the best wave IMO. LED eyes, Glow-in-dark teeth, Zamor Launcher and two sided weapons. What esle could you ask for? The only thing that I don't like about that wave is the function-less Matoran and titan sets.

Mistika was the worst. The body pieces are way too overused by those waves and the Mistika don't even look good <,<

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Phantoka! I loved how each set had their own flying device, matoran companion, and special weapon. Also, the sets themselves were good looking and breathed life into the inika build we were all so tired of. One more thing, the sets weren't clones.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Best wave? 2006 Inika. That was the only wave where I had them all (the toa) not counting most of the fire village 2009. Their articulation,weapons, and armor were nothing like we had ever seen. And we liked it

Edited by Kaanfight

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

Which wave of sets would you say was your favorite? Personally I'd have to say the Metru, because they had good gear works, nice-looking masks and builds, and had double-use weapons (I miss those). Plus, they still had actual collectibles, although I still liked the Mask packs better.

Also, which was your least favorite? Personally, I'd have to say the Mistika. The Hordika were pretty bad, but somehow I still liked their designs a bit. The Mistika looked like they had all had close encounters with some mode of public transportation. Onua was LANKY, for crying out loud!

(By the way, to clarify, by wave I meant just the 6 sets, not the year. So, the Piraka and the Inika would count separately.)

I hope this isn't a dupe. Do what you do if it is, though.

The dark colors were terrible though.

Mine is the Rahi. the Rahi sets were just epic.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I would like to add that I also like the 2006 sets. Like, all of them. I cant decide. The Inika had cool weapons; the Piraka had all the rubbery spines and the teeth; the Titans were just plain cool, like Axonn and the Kardas combiner set (though I don't have it); the Matoran were unique, how they were shrunken and their body builds; and finally, the playsets (I don't even care if they weren't a wave) were really nice.

The Toa Mata of 2001 were something incredible when they came out. Nothing can ever duplicate the awesomeness that happened then.

The Piraka of 2006 were a very nice release as well, though. They were so different and so new, just like the Toa had been. Light-up eyes, dual use weapons tools and new Zamor projectile launchers, along with the rubbery spines and the glow-in-the-dark teeth... woah.

The Barraki were my favorites. They were the first and best at not being clones. They had cool melee weapons. They didn't rely on the standard builds. And they had a good story behind them. 

Worst would probably be Mistika, they had too much silver and two sets with only a launcher.

Edited by Valendale

Probably the toa mata. They had good design, didn't break easily, and I really miss those gear systems. :)

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite wave, while I was a fan of Bionicle (since i became interested ~'05), would probably have been the Piraka. Before that, I'd have to say the Bohrok or Mata.

newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

My favorite wave by far was the Piraka. Awesome sets, awesome design... They sort of breathed new life into Bionicle for me. So did everything from 2006, really. The Matoran, titans, Inika...just amazing. Now that I think about it, I think I have every set from that year. Cool. (Oh wait, I don't have Umbra. Oh well).

The Bohrok also have a special place in my heart, as Lehvak was my first Bionicle set, and it's a really cool line anyway.

Least favorite? Probably the first wave of Glatorian. I don't have any of those.

Q2TtLEz.png

i dislike almost everything after 2005, but 2009 showed some potential with older colors coming back, (though i didn't like the non function of the sets, and most vehicles that year, and the simple build of the expensive agori/av-toran, i have to say the bohrok was my favorite real wave, think anout it in realistic terms, thousands upon thousands of creatures that are fast, work in numbers, draw from the elements, can roll, along with being the only evil line with helpers (bohrok va), plus they could take control of thier opponent, and also bohrok-kal had their elements plus a secondary power... oh and don't forget the bahrag, anything with 15 teeth packed in a head that small is scarry lol (plus the sound of them when you pull the trigger is just brutal) but lastly because the bohrok had substance, the rahkshi were nice, but the colors got old fast, and sense that color scheme (main color and dark gray) took hold of bionicle so many times, it really got old, so bohrok was fresh, lastly because the head movement was simple and new, as well as powerful... what more can i say (i do like the piraka a little bit because of their secondary colors being so rare).

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 3 weeks later...

The best wave, well to me is the Metru. They were a perfect blend between possible figures of the later years, and the gear system of the previous years.

The words i say were the Marhi, they gve some of the most disburbing masks, and compaired to their previous forms, it was more of a downgrade.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Of course 2001! cool looking, sturdy and pretty universal parts, no unnecessary silver color, simple technic functions and awesome story on an awesome island.

all waves were good but the one i hate the most is Inika. they were too overpowered, the story was too simple and it destroyed the 2001 matorans' characters. gregf, what have you done to nuparu!!! ;_;

I like all of the waves from 2006 to 2009 since i had all of the canister sets from those years (except for Krika), I do think the Glatorian lines should have been one single line. Also, Mata Nui is my favorite set and the only one I still own.

I never got to play with older sets, however but I'm confident that they were great. I'm trying to get the Toa Nuva, and some 2003 titans, along with maybe some other sets. I think I'll love the Toa Nuva as much as the others.

My point is, I can't decide on a favorite (I have ones I like less but no single favorite). They are all great.

Of all the waves? The Bohrok!!

They had this epic smashing function (of course you all know) !! Had some very cool collectables.

And their over all designe just looked like.... mean sports cars!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I like the sets from 2001 to 2005. In 2006 when the new Inika building system was adopted for all the sets from then on, the functions were pretty much killed off.

All the Glatorian sized sets (except the visorak) from 2001 to 2005 had gears.

*Toa Mata

*Toa Nuva

*Bohrok

*Bohrok Kal

*Rahkshi (not including the stars rahkshi)

*Toa Metru

*Vahki

*And even the Hordika

941989_245302795611443_1853177518_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the Toa Mistika/Phantoka. I also really enjoyed the Toa Mahri. They had the articulation of the Inika, and steered clear from being clones. Unfortunately, Hahli Mahri's lime-green joints were rather brittle. :(Either the Mahri or the Phantoka/Mistika. Loved the different body designs. That being said, Tahu Mistika's weapon was a bit underwhelming.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

• 2 weeks later...