In A Hole In The Ground There Lived A Hobbit

The wide reaching Lego Hobbit campaign has covered a lot of bases, with a videogame, a board game, and even a photo op of the movie actors with their respective minifigs. But somehow, something was missing; a lifesize, 2,000,000 brick version of the Hobbit Hole set? Yeah, that was it, now I'm satisfied.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5883]View the full article[/url]

I actually learned about this back on the 10th, when my boss Dan Parker went to Enfield, CT for a meeting. He called me up mid-day and was all "Dude, they have a 20x scale Bag-end. You've gotta see it when photos go up."I was waiting for this day to come.Also to clarify, I've read deeper into what they said as far as parts count, they clarified the software they used said "2.5 Million 1x1 bricks" which isn't the same as 2 million bricks. That's just the rough count of studs it'd have in it. This doesn't take away from the level of complexity and the level of work put into it, but it certainly took less material than one might imagine.There is also the factor they used Duplo in the walls for strength, which helps bulk up most of it.

Edited by Swert

bzpsig2015.png