Hero Factory 2013 Teaser

Gatanui made an interesting find today. Head over to the Hero Factory website and a teaser should pop up for the Brain Attack wave of sets. Click on the 'Enter Code' link and type in "BrAiN" and you'll see a cool video teasing next year's line. A countdown on the page lets you know when we'll see the full release - start counting down the days!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5882]View the full article[/url]

My brother and I just got really excited. Phantoka Surge? YES.

This looks to be another promising year for Hero Factory.

signoffffff.png

Photoka surge? All I saw were test tubes full of Kraata, uh I mean brain attackers

///

It was in the video you can watch after typing in the code.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The teaser only appears on the US site and only if you don't have a cookie named hft2013 stored. Once you see the Flash teaser, type in the code in order to see the movie. It appears the code isn't case-sensitive, by the way. As far as the video is concerned, HF 2013 looks so awesome. Love the music. :) Surge XL wings and trans-yellow? Evo with trans-light blue? It can't get better! :D And that ice villain looks awesome, too.If you have VLC Media Player, I recommend you watch the video here.That typo in the end is so embarassing, though. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Woo! Screenshot time!I think this may be, in some respects, a lot like like Breakout- all the heroes upgraded together, but on mission separately (except when in Makuhero City, of course)- and have different heroes appearing in TV episodes without the others of that same wave. For example, here we see Surge, Stormer, and Evo being upgraded, then fighting alongside Breez and Furno. Of course, this could be a "last stand, get all the heroes" type of scenario, assuming there are others off-screen.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Kudos to Gata for fixing the stored cookie problem by providing a link that allows us to download the video!

Thank you good sir.

Thoughts:

Stormer- Amazing! Sword is similar to Furno's, same goes for his visor. XL this year too? And best of all.....ICE MISSILES!!!!!

Evo- Trans-blue? Nice weapon though

Surge- Trans-yellow FTW! And wings? Cool, at leat someone's flying.

Breez- She's actually in this episode!!!!

Edited by Manterax Prime

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Thoughts:

Huge animation improvement

Black Phantom's hand? I thought he was in jail? Maybe another inexplicable inconsistency...

Those brain slug ships with the blades look really cool.

The brain slugs look like the Krang from Ninja Turtles.

I don't really like the cartoon rendition of Pyrox, but what we glimpsed of Ogrum looks amazing.

White villain sort of looks like an ugly mess, but nice pieces.

Minor nitpick but the Hero Core clamps don't actually clamp the Hero Core.

Blue and trans-yellow Surge with Buzz Lightyear wings? Good idea, but I think I'll pass.

Evo looks pretty cool. Trans-purple or red would be cooler, but the blue shells would be good for modifying Breakout Stringer.

Stormer looks very cool. I wonder what's in his left hand?

Rocka and Bulk look pretty bad animated.

Making Furno's fire elements actual fire was a really good choice. He looks awesome. The one thing I'm interested in is how they animate his cape. Cloth animation is fairly difficult, and I'm not sure the company that animated Hero Factory can pull it off.

The music is terrible.

The typo at the end was cringe-worthy.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms? Also:

If anyone is interested of course, I compiled various screenpics from the trailer for public view. Pre-aliens Pyrox is really cute.

I think I see Evo in one of the pictures holding a... Phantoka Pohatu propeller or at least, something that looks a lot like it. Edited by Spiritmaster Veigar

pWPTu7m.jpg

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms? Also:

I think it's to make up for the fact that he's just there mostly for comic relief, so LEGO makes him more awesome than he actually is.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

If anyone is interested of course, I compiled various screenpics from the trailer for public view. Pre-aliens Pyrox is really cute.

I think I see Evo in one of the pictures holding a... Phantoka Pohatu propeller or at least, something that looks a lot like it.

Thoughts:

Evo looks pretty cool. Trans-purple or red would be cooler, but the blue shells would be good for modifying Breakout Stringer.

/////

:blink: Evo is yellow.... That Hero with the propeller and the trans-blue armor is... keetorange? Hm. In any case, look at the face color. Every incarnation of Nex had a green head; This one has a green/yellow face, not purple or red. Or are you guys seeing something I'm not?

In any case, I think I was most excited for the appearance of what looks to be Stormer XL. Still not sure about Bulk, or Furno, but Stormer and Surge are definitely worth waiting a few months for. I'd like it if they brought Stringer back, though. Then again, he had his run in Breakout (parts 1 & 2). Oh well.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

You mean the little vent-things on the cheeks? Okay, I can see what you mean. Yeah, that makes sense, since at the end, Rocka is dark orange instead of gold. Well, at least blue looks a little more like purple. However, the color change for Evo's Breakout form made sense, since red is kinda close to purple--green/yellow, isn't remotely close, though. So that would be too much of a change. Then again... there was Stringer... I guess Nex primarily came to mind for me since he didn't even appear in the background during Breakout, and Evo got a lot of his own screen time.

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms?

As much as I agree with you, I know a LOT of AFOLs were massively disappointed with his Breakout incarnation, since they felt he had too much of his secondary color (bright yellowish green) and not enough of his primary color (bright blue). Also a lot of people felt his shoulder spikes were pointless and that those parts should have been pointed down (personally, I like the way he looks with them pointed up).

I think I see Evo in one of the pictures holding a... Phantoka Pohatu propeller or at least, something that looks a lot like it.

Thoughts:

/////

:blink: Evo is yellow.... That Hero with the propeller and the trans-blue armor is... keetorange? Hm. In any case, look at the face color. Every incarnation of Nex had a green head; This one has a green/yellow face, not purple or red. Or are you guys seeing something I'm not?

In any case, I think I was most excited for the appearance of what looks to be Stormer XL. Still not sure about Bulk, or Furno, but Stormer and Surge are definitely worth waiting a few months for. I'd like it if they brought Stringer back, though. Then again, he had his run in Breakout (parts 1 & 2). Oh well.

signoffffff.png

That "Keetorange" Hero IS Evo. Look closely and notice he has the same arm plating.

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

That app is so weird. Too bad I have an Android. And with the Brain Attack game on Google Play, I actually thought LEGO might be developing for all platforms for everything. What a disappointment. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons.

Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

Do you believe in magic?

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons. Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

However, in Europe the Visorak were released in winter while the Hordika came in summer. Also, we already got to see summer sets early last year, too.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons.

Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

Really? The first thing I thought of was Kraata. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.