• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Hero Factory 2013 Teaser

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 01 2013 - 01:27 PM

The countdown's over, looks like all the "brains" got out.

But what happens next? There's no new site or anything.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#42 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,168 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 01 2013 - 03:36 PM

The countdown's over, looks like all the "brains" got out.

But what happens next? There's no new site or anything. 

[color=#990000;]Guess we'll have to wait a few days for it.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#43 Offline Slyph 1

Slyph 1
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 18-December 05
  • 491 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:44 AM

Who here has seen the commercials yet? I've seen one, and I'm quite shocked.

I actually recognized the screams of those brain things as actually the exact sounds pulled from the Half Life 2 headcrabs. And there's more in common to boot.

Transport's the same (drop pod), attachment and control is the same (via the head)...

Part of me thinks it's a ripoff that may be illegal. Then again, I don't know if Valve copyrighted the Headcrabs or not. Who knows?

"Slyph Squadron, engaging."

#44 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,129 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 07:13 AM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Only thing I'd say would be stealing the sound effects, assuming they are the same, and not just very similar. The mind control parasite idea has been used time and time again; Half Life certainly wasn't the first. And you know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... so I'd suspect that if the similarities were intentional, TLG was deliberately referencing Half Life. That's just me though. :lol:[/color][/font]

Edited by Chro, Jan 26 2013 - 07:47 AM.

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#45 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,831 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 09:10 AM

Who here has seen the commercials yet? I've seen one, and I'm quite shocked. I actually recognized the screams of those brain things as actually the exact sounds pulled from the Half Life 2 headcrabs. And there's more in common to boot. Transport's the same (drop pod), attachment and control is the same (via the head)... Part of me thinks it's a ripoff that may be illegal. Then again, I don't know if Valve copyrighted the Headcrabs or not. Who knows?
Illegal? Hardly. These things that it has in common with Half-Life are so basic that I can't think of a country in the world where they could be protected as intellectual property. The screams, maybe, if they are in fact the exact same sounds, but I strongly doubt that considering that it'd be easy to make synthesized alien screams sound similar without totally hijacking some other company's sound files.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users