Producer Dan Lin Chews the Fat About LEGO Movie

The producer of the upcoming LEGO movie, entitled LEGO: The Piece of Resistance, had an interview concerning the film recently, in which he discussed the two directors, LEGO's help with the movie's LEGO models, and the advantage of LEGO's array of themes. Not much new is revealed concerning the movie, except that the names for Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson's characters (President Business and Bad Cop, respectively) are actually the names, and not just placeholders. You can read the whole interview here.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5884]View the full article[/url]

Seriously? Those names are so lame, I don't even get why they say they are "amazing".There is barely anything new in here, but still good to know everyone seems to take this project more or less seriously.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Seriously? Those names are so lame, I don't even get why they say they are "amazing".There is barely anything new in here, but still good to know everyone seems to take this project more or less seriously.-Gata signoff.png

I think they're fantastic names. They're archetypal. They tell you all you need to know about the characters. And they genuinely sound like the kind of names a kid playing with Lego might come up with. They remind me of many of the character names in Axe Cop, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think they're fantastic names. They're archetypal. They tell you all you need to know about the characters. And they genuinely sound like the kind of names a kid playing with Lego might come up with. They remind me of many of the character names in Axe Cop, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

I can see how they might be used comedically. I suppose Bad Cop's officers will be called Random Cops 1, 2, and 3?

How well will you die?

I can see how they might be used comedically. I suppose Bad Cop's officers will be called Random Cops 1, 2, and 3?

I having feeling they will. :/ And the hero would be called 'Good Guy?' Le sighhhhhh...

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I having feeling they will. :/ And the hero would be called 'Good Guy?' Le sighhhhhh...

We already know that the good guy is named "Emmet". Honestly, I don't see why everyone has a problem with these villain names. I think they're hilarious, much like "Dark Helmet" from Spaceballs, or "Axe Cop" and "Dr. McNinja" from their respective webcomics (Not to mention Dr. McNinja's nemesis "King Radical").

The villain is some kind of evil capitalist? Not that I'm against that kind of thing at all, but it seems pretty hypocritical of a massive company like Lego.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The villain is some kind of evil capitalist? Not that I'm against that kind of thing at all, but it seems pretty hypocritical of a massive company like Lego.

That's like saying it's hypocritical for a human author to cast a human as a villain, or for a celebrity author to cast a celebrity as a villain, or for any author to cast an author as a villain.From what I've read, President Business will be a somewhat sympathetic villain, and I strongly doubt the film will be trying to deliver any heavy-handed anti-business moral. But frankly, powerful villains (whether that power is supernatural, political, or economic as is apparently the case here) tend to present a greater challenge to a hero. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

That's like saying he's an evil father, or an evil commuter. Just because he's some sort of corrupt executive doesn't mean that capitalism is the source of his evil, or that by making him evil it's saying the same thing about all capitalists.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother