Whats with the Toa Hordika arms?!

Pikiru

I mean it does not make sense. In all six Toa Hordika you have this little flimsy left arm and this perfectly sized right arm (that even has a gear function!). The right arm works brilliantly, so why did the Lego designers put in a Toa Mata leg for the left arm instead of the same design as in the right one? I don’t think there is any story significance to the Toa Hordika having small left arms. Were the designers only allowed to use a certain amount of pieces for the Toa Hordika so they made the arm just one piece? I have no idea; hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Well, in Web of Shadows, the Hordika were shown with only one of their tools, permanently attached to their "large arm" - though this is just artistic license.

In reality, I believe it has more to do with the set designers wanting an asymmetrical, mutated design, and making one arm ridiulously large as a result.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I imagine it was more likely because they wanted keep an action function present while still being able to have the Rhotuka launcher on their backs. So instead of a shoulder function, the Hordika had an elbow function. It probably would've been more costly to use the large arm on both sides, so having the asymmetry was probably what they settled on as a middle ground.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Actually it was their small arm that carried their weapon in the movie I think

If I may siggest something.

Get one of those metruan neck like peices except the ones the let you put your own rods in. Put in a size 2 rod and stick that you where the Y joint on the arm would normally be. The, connected the axel port of the Y joint into the 2 sized plus rod, and put a Toa nuva shoulder as a shoulder. Works a treat for posibilty.

Edited by CCCXLVII

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

• 4 weeks later...

The Piraka had a simalar affliction, but it didn't bother me.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

The Piraka had a simalar affliction, but it didn't bother me.

With the Piraka it actually bothered me more, not because I disliked the asymmetry (I loved it), but because the way they used a Toa Metru lower arm made the range of motion in that arm quite unnatural, which meant unless their launcher arm was fully extended, it couldn't strike a very convincing action pose.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother