Onua fighting a Doom Viper

HELLO BZPOWER COMMUNITY!!

It has come to my attention that apparently (quote from BS01)

"Onua later saved a dozen Matoran by using his tunneling skills to create an escape for them, encountering and defeating a Doom Viper along the way."

Does anybody know when this happened or when it was mentioned.

This supposedly happened sometime during the quest for the masks.

The Bionicle Encyclopedia Updated says that no Doom Vipers were ever seen on Mata Nui.

Could someone please offer a clarification?

CHECK OUT MY BIONICLE-THEMED BAD LUCK BALTA ON TWITTER

https://twitter.com/BadLuckBalta

In Bionicle Legends 9, Kopaka and Lewa say something about the Nuva defeating Doom Vipers in Ga-Metru shortly after returning to Metru-Nui. That is the only time I can think of where any of the Nuva fought against Doom Vipers in the storyline.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

By now Mutran and Antroz had regained their footing. Lewa and Kopaka had retrieved their weapons and, with a newly revived Toa Ignika, were ready for them.

"The doom vipers," said Kopaka. "Back when we first got back to Metru Nui."

"Gotcha," Lewa said. "What about our silent friend?"

"He'll figure it out," said the Toa of Ice.

Pohatu suddenly reappeared, the three Matoran in tow. "Whatever we're doing, we better do. The other Makuta are right behind me."

"Doom vipers in Ga-Metru," Kopaka replied.

Pohatu smiled. "Oh yeah. Good choice.

Racing at top speed had been enough to confuse and defeat a half dozen deadly doom vipers, after all, so it might work as well on Makuta.

-Shadows in the Sky Pages 102-104

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I think Lewa Krom just answered your question. That the time a toa fought a doom viper was in Metru Nui. But I don't know if it was Onua. Could be someone else.

It's probably just implied that Onua was there was well, if they had all the Nuva there.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Um, guys, the said quote is to be found at the section "Quest for the Masks" under "Mata Nui" so...

Is it from the book, or the arc? The book makes more sense... but the Doom Viper wasn't made until after 2005 when the Rahi Guide was released. So, I doubt it's really from that period.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Unfortunately, the "appearances" section of the Doom Viper BS01 page does not exist, so there is no "mentioned only" by the side of any books/comics.

Is it possible that the content of this battle (Onua vs Doom Viper) was from a Greg Farshtey quote? Or could it have been Onua in the legends series of books or one of the story serials who was having a flashback/memory of saving some Matoran and fighting the doom viper? Also a possibility: was there a similar battle during the quest for the masks when Onua saved a dozen Matoran and then fought an unknown snake-like creature, which the author of this BS01 page called a doom viper?

If we cannot find this info, one of the readers of this topic should go ahead and delete the false information on Biosector01.

Additional notes

• The doom viper page on BS01 does not mention Onua
  • The BZPower timeline and the one on BS01 does not mention doom vipers.
  • The Bionicle Encyclopedia: Updated clearly says that no doom vipers were ever seen on Mata Nui

CHECK OUT MY BIONICLE-THEMED BAD LUCK BALTA ON TWITTER

https://twitter.com/BadLuckBalta

I have the book Quest for the Masks and can confirm that no Doom Viper ever appeared. However Onua Nuva did fight a giant worm. It wasn't given as name, but it wasn't described to be similar in any way to a Doom Viper (which hasn't even been made up at the time, I believe).

Perhaps it was from a trivial quote from some books/serials, like "Oh remember, we had this fight with this Doom Viper on some island, Onua? Derpityherpityderp" or something like that...

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.