Support Bionicle and BZPower at LEGO Fan Conventions

The new year is almost here and that means the LEGO convention circuit will be starting soon. The first big event is BrickFair Alabama, taking place January 17-20 in Birmingham. The Bionicle display last year was pretty nonexistent, and we want to change that this year. In fact, we want to make sure the Bionicle display at a bunch of events is amazing - and we need your help. Read on to see what you can do.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5892]View the full article[/url]

When exactly is Bricks Cascade? I'm hoping to make it down this year.EDIT: Cascade is the one in Oregon... right?

Edited by Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I'll be at BrickFair VA 2013 for sure, and there is a slight chance I could make it to BrickFair NE 2013. I'll bring what MOCs I can, as long as nothing happens to them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The thought of a Bionicle display being non-existant at any LEGO convention upsets me greatly. I wish I could help, but I live in Australia, and I don't know any suitable Lego conventions down here.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Be doomed Belgium, land of nothingness, for not having any lego conventions.But I would only make the reputation of the Bionicle community worse, because I am really worlds baddest MOC'er.But I encourage you guys go for it and show the world we exist, what are you waiting for, go bould some awesome MOC's

I'm back!

Well I'll certainly be bringing some MOCs to Brickfair NE this spring. :)

I will also be present at Brickworld 2013 in Chicago, although I notice that it wasn't mentioned in the article. Is there anything going on there at all?

... because I am really worlds baddest MOC'er.

No. Believe me, no. I haven't even seen your MOCs and I'm certain of that. :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well I'll certainly be bringing some MOCs to Brickfair NE this spring. :)I will also be present at Brickworld 2013 in Chicago, although I notice that it wasn't mentioned in the article. Is there anything going on there at all?

-----------------

I know there's a group of BZPower Staff thinking about going, but since none of us have been there before we don't really know how they handle things like people sending MOCs in and themes and such. As far as I'm aware, they don't even have theme coordinators. So hopefully this will be an exploratory year and next year we can make some inroads.

I want to particicpate, but I live in New Zealand, and I'm not sure how much shipping would cost for me to send my MOC in for all 4 conventions, and I'm not able to PM Black Six. Can someone please help me???

-----------------

Considering the distance to be traveled, you will probably not be able to send your MOCs to make them in time for BrickFair Alabama. International shipping can be pricey - check your postal service's website or go to one of their locations and ask how much it would be. Once your MOCs are in the US, the costs are listed in the news story (in US Dollars). Then you would just need to provide money to ship your MOCs back.

Oh I just noticed there was more to that article.

• If your MOCs appear at two or more events, you get a Proto boost
  • If your MOCs appear at three or more events, you get a custom rank title of your choice (to be approved by the Administration)
  • If your MOCs appear at four or more events, you get a free six month Premier Membership

Do these perks also pertain if we bring them, or do you only do it after looking at what was shipped? I could really use a proto boost... lol :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Will perks be rewarded to pieces of art?

-------------

You bet!

Oh I just noticed there was more to that article.Do these perks also pertain if we bring them, or do you only do it after looking at what was shipped? I could really use a proto boost... lol :P

-------------

Yes, if you bring them it still counts as long as you let us know in advance so we can keep track of them.

Just came up with something, what if I made a digital artwork and sended the pictures to a member who is going to go there in person, he could print it out and display it there. Could this work?

-----------

I suppose if you found someone willing to. I'm not sure why you can't print out and mail it yourself though.

Depends which event you want to go to. Besides, just to drive from Texas to Alabama is at least 10 hours. Plus I don't think I'll be able to go as an exibitioner, but I may be able to go as a visitor and look around at the fair.

Probably next year or 2 years from now when I'm 16. And by next year I mean 2014.

Edited by The Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Hm...If someone decided to sent some MOCs to attend four or more events and they already have Premier Membership, can this member instead get a paper with all the signatures of Staff members that attended each event? :P

Can I organize information like return address, pictures of MOCs, and fees for shipping in a folder? Just wondering as I know last time I send something I was told I went a little overboard by including like an excel sheet with Part Qty and stuff.

- JMJ 2012

Hm...If someone decided to sent some MOCs to attend four or more events and they already have Premier Membership, can this member instead get a paper with all the signatures of Staff members that attended each event? :P Can I organize information like return address, pictures of MOCs, and fees for shipping in a folder? Just wondering as I know last time I send something I was told I went a little overboard by including like an excel sheet with Part Qty and stuff. - JMJ 2012

-----------

I don't know that we can get everyone's signatures, but how about a signed not of appreciation from myself and some of the other staff?You mean a folder included with your MOCs? Yes I suppose that would be fine. As long as you get us all the information we need.

It's probably a little too early for this but: BrickCon!

-----------

As far as I'm aware, the organizers of BrickCon do not like it when people who are not attending send in MOCs. That's why BZPower didn't have anyone send things in this year (or in other recent years I believe). If the Bionicle coordinator of BrickCon wishes to do that anyway, we will definitely post about it on the front page, although it will not be a part of this event.

Hm...If someone decided to sent some MOCs to attend four or more events and they already have Premier Membership, can this member instead get a paper with all the signatures of Staff members that attended each event? :P

- JMJ 2012

If you or anyone else sends in MOCs to four cons, I will personally write you a note that can be used to try to get out of classes/get into class late/get in to swanky clubs, etc., with a little silly drawing on it.

And, send your MOCs in to at least three, and you'll get some sweet posed pictures of your MOCs from me! Go check out the topic for more details.

It's probably a little too early for this but: BrickCon!

In addition to what Six said, I think we'll just have to talk to Roa and see what can be done this year for us.Who knows, maybe we can pool together money and do something awesome for ourselves : DAnyway, sounds good staff, hope you guys have fun with it. I'll probably be skipping Bricks Cascade this year, it's a week right after Emerald City ComicCon, and I'm needed there (no complaints from me, it's free 8D)

bzpsig2015.png

I don't know that we can get everyone's signatures, but how about a signed not of appreciation from myself and some of the other staff?

***Hm...I probably should of pointed out that first question was just a joke about that one perk, you listed, as not being very worthwhile to Lifetime Premier Members like myself is all. XD

Honestly I am fine with just this perk alone, "Your MOCs will be seen by tens of thousands of people, inspiring children and adults around the country," even though I do extremely doubt my MOCs would actually inspiring someone.

You mean a folder included with your MOCs? Yes I suppose that would be fine. As long as you get us all the information we need.

***Yeah, basically what I mean is the information (Return Address, Shipping Fees, ect.) that you folks are requesting to be sent with MOCs would be organized in folder, so that everything you need is all in one place.

If you or anyone else sends in MOCs to four cons, I will personally write you a note that can be used to try to get out of classes/get into class late/get in to swanky clubs, etc., with a little silly drawing on it. And, send your MOCs in to at least three, and you'll get some sweet posed pictures of your MOCs from me! Go check out the topic for more details.

***Hm...I am not sure whether to take you seriously there or not. lol If you are serious, I guess that could be pretty cool to have a note to get out of class, even though I am not in school anymore. XDBut anyway, I am not sure what you mean by check topic for more details. I mean if you are talking about the article, I read it at least twice already and I'll be PMing Black Six when I finally decided which MOCs, I planned to send.Oh...I see what you refering to now. Well, that's neat. I am not sure if I would take advantage of that though considering my MOCs are probably going to be small Matoran size things, so getting professional photos of them would probably be waste of your time. *shrugs* Still a pretty neat perk though.

- JMJ 2012

The links leads me to a page that says you don't have permission to use this function is that because I'm new?

Well you didn't have enough posts... but now you've got five, so it might work. I'd suggest trying it again.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I also would like to bring attention to another Lego convention in mid-August, Bricks by the Bay in Santa Clara, California on August 9th-11th. It's unfortunate that it's so close to BrickFair in terms of the date but not location, but since I am the Bionicle/Hero Factory Coordinator of Bricks by the Bay, I just want you all to know that there's another convention that you can attend. :)

• 3 weeks later...