Set Review: 9473 The Mines of Moria

9473_The_Mines_Of_Moria_Review_teaser.jpg Today we review the last Lord of the Rings set from 2012, 9473 The Mines of Moria. Should you travel with the Fellowship into the deep places where dark things lurk? Probably not, but you can read what might be our last review of the year to see if you should buy this set! http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5896]View the full article[/url]

Very good review, although reading complaints about stickers being bad as a matter of principle gets kind of old. It would have been good to know exactly WHICH of the stickered pieces you felt should have been prints instead, because there's no way a set would have ALL those patterns printed. That would be the very definition of wasteful, particularly with many of the patterns that are extremely specific to this scene and as such would be utterly useless in future applications.

Very good review, although reading complaints about stickers being bad as a matter of principle gets kind of old. It would have been good to know exactly WHICH of the stickered pieces you felt should have been prints instead, because there's no way a set would have ALL those patterns printed. That would be the very definition of wasteful, particularly with many of the patterns that are extremely specific to this scene and as such would be utterly useless in future applications.

I would have like to see printed:
    [*]The 1x4 brown tiles with woodgrain stickers (especially since similar ones already exist)[*]The 2x2 brown tiles with woddgrain stickers[*]The 1x4 light grey tiles with brick stickers[*]The 1x4 light grey tiles with stone stickers.

Obviously things like Balin's headstone and the 1x4x4 panels have designs that are was too customized to reuse, but the above I think would have plenty of use.

Got it from my birthday yesterday. It was pretty awesome!

If you're short on weapons, this set is great for that; from the minifig's to the Heroica weapons.

One question, why are the Heroica weapons included? Were they in the movie?

If not, TLG was very generous with what weapons we got. :D

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Got it from my birthday yesterday. It was pretty awesome!If you're short on weapons, this set is great for that; from the minifig's to the Heroica weapons. One question, why are the Heroica weapons included? Were they in the movie? If not, TLG was very generous with what weapons we got. :D

------------------

My guess is the Heroica weapons are supposed to represent all the old and discarded ones lying around the tomb.

BALIN AS IN BALIN FROM THE HOBBIT?! Revelation to me. I really know nothing about LotR and The Hobbit, but I do enjoy them and they've led to some great sets, particularly this one which is probably my favourite from the first wave.

- Tilius

Second in command to Thorin, catapulted from his grave. Sorry but it's much too grim to take seriously.

• 2 weeks later...