Weakened joints

CeeCee

So I got my Bionicles out for the first time in a few months yesterday. They had been in a suit case before that. When I got them out I noticed some of the ball joints seemed a bit loose and would flop around a bit. It was mainly on the Piraka Torso(of which it was actually the "male" part that was causing the trouble, and the Y joints that ate used on Titans and have the axil port at the end.

Just wondered if it had anything to do with keeping them in storage. This ever happened to any one?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well... where are you keeping them? If it's a garage or something, try moving it indoors. If it's in your house, I'd say you have a far bigger problem.

Its in the house, although its in the hall way where there is no radiator. Soon, when I move rooms, they will be under my bed where there is a radiator in my room. Might sort the problem

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well... where are you keeping them? If it's a garage or something, try moving it indoors. If it's in your house, I'd say you have a far bigger problem.

Its in the house, although its in the hall way where there is no radiator. Soon, when I move rooms, they will be under my bed where there is a radiator in my room. Might sort the problem

Yes, you might want to try moving it into a room as opposed to a hallway.

aouROFb.png

Ill do that. In all fairness I dodnt even know the cold caused them harm. Thanks anyway guys

Ill do that. In all fairness I dodnt even know the cold caused them harm. Thanks anyway guys

I wouldn't be too concerned about the ball joints themselves, they'll return to normal at room temperature. However, the rubber in the Y sockets might have some problems and may remain loose.

aouROFb.png

I wouldn't be too concerned about the ball joints themselves, they'll return to normal at room temperature. However, the rubber in the Y sockets might have some problems and may remain loose.

Instead of buying new ones, Im going to try and get some of those friction adders from HF. Work a treat.

Plastic shrinks in cold, so the sockets and joints will shrink, but the balls remain the same, so what once fitted doesn't anymore, and snap, the sockets are broken. Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Plastic shrinks in cold, so the sockets and joints will shrink, but the balls remain the same, so what once fitted doesn't anymore, and snap, the sockets are broken.

Well if anything the sockets are too big for the ball joint