Loophole: Communications

Legolover-361

I couldn't see anything about Levacius on page 11 of this topic. Could you quote the applicable portion of your post in case I missed it?

I was referring to the main topic. In any case, this was the post -

IC: Levacius / Levacius' Books

Levacius, after throwing out the irritating math nerd who kept manhandling his mathematics texts, went about closing down the shop completely. He let out a sigh, and retreated to the back room of the store, where he sat down at his desk and looked around at his own private collection he kept nearest. He surveyed his assorted piles that littered the desk, before reaching his hand deep into the books and pulling out a tarnished bronze key, before standing and heading over to his wardrobe, which he quickly yanked open.

He wasn't much one for the fanciful cloth attires that had been taken on ever since Matoran integration with the Agori, but he still had a few special 'dress' outfits - robes and the like that he used when attending special events and the like. Only two he had ever worn, though - no reason to. No, they served one purpose, which he revealed by pulling them away and showing a keyhole. Using the key from before, he unlocked the lock and pulled away a false panel, which in turn revealed a combo lock. A few quick strikes of the 9-digit code, and the entire wall peeled away to reavel his personal back chamber.

Here was where everything important was. He could arm a small legion with the assorted weaponry here; all antique equipment pieces from the old Matoran Universe used in the earlier wars of history, before the increased use of flashier equipment like Rhotuka launchers. The most important things were, of course, were his swords - sitting gracefully on soft padding in a display case that only he ever saw.

Putting on his old equipment harness, he put the two blades in their sheathes over his back before leaving the chamber and closing it up. He then turned to the wardrobe and pulled out his nicest outfit, something that was somewhat of a hybrid between a nice set of robes and a cloak with no hood.

Everything taken care of, he closed it all up and went to the phone. After the call went through, he began speaking -

"Transfer me to line 28, thank you. Levacius, store owner. Uh-huh. Yes, thank you. Hello? Yes, I would like to know if the meeting I had scheduled with Turaga Vakama in an hour is still available. Regarding his autobiography. Yes, I can wait a moment."

OOC: He's had that scheduled for two years now.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I was referring to the main topic. In any case, this was the post -
Oh. Whoops.I'll work on a reply to your post promptly.

I saw the reply. But the issue is, I was looking for an appointment with Turaga Vakama. The old guy, not the guy who's in charge of running the city.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Microsoft Word claims that I copied a large amount of text to the clipboard. I do not believe it. I think it is lying to me. Let's see what happens when I paste this puppy down -

Name: Rurkon

Species: Ko-Toa

Kanohi: Great Mask of Dodge. This mask allows Rurkon to dodge even the attacks of a Kakama user, and instinctively avoid most melee or ranged weapon based attacks. It also provides some protection against burst attacks, but large explosions and non-precision elemental strikes can get around this power. Even a shotgun blast provides enough spray that he can’t avoid a full blast. The power is always on at a lesser, subconscious level, but requires active concentration to work at full power. Anything that would normally restrict Rurkon from dodging an attack also restricts the mask. It also provides no protection against an attack made with total surprise.

Appearance: Rurkon stands at a commanding height for a Toa, with armor of a black coloration inscribed with white writing that seems to glow. He wears a large black cloak, and has a huge scabbard over his back that contains a massive greatsword. He is rather lean in build, and has no exterior armoring to allow some freedom of movement. His mask appears as a Noble Huna.

Powers: Rurkon possesses the Elemental Powers of Ice. He is an incredibly talented user of his elemental powers. Due to his elemental nature, Rurkon is also nearly immune to ice and cold, but weak to fire based attacks.

Abilities: Rurkon has powerful mental shields due to both training and willpower. He is a master of the blade, and happens to be left handed. He has some skill with psychology, most notably in the arts of intimidation, and uses them in combat (making him a very vocal adversary). Of his non-combat traits, he is skilled at using any method available – carrot or, as he prefers it, stick – to extract information from people. He is a good tactician, as long as an adversary does not successfully goad him in before the plans are complete. If he knows the enemy – especially ones he’s interrogated – his victory is all but assured, as he can predict their moves and counter them in single combat or on a larger field.

Weaknesses: Rurkon is arrogant, ambitious, greedy, and envious – all traits that can be easily exploited by a person. He is also very haughty and sure of his powers, and will never turn down a challenge (though he is not honorable – he will not play fair). He also lacks skill regarding long term elemental effects, and can only masterfully perform acute effects.

Equipment: Rurkon possesses a greatsword of no given name that acts as his Toa Tool. When he focuses his will, the blade glows a bright red and can, when swung, cast forth a blast of red energy that can slice through a few inches of solid rock before being disrupted, providing him a viable ranged attack.

Occupations: Rurkon was formerly serving as the interrogator in the Central City prisons. Only among the prisoners was his true brutal harshness and cruelty ever whispered, but few try to remember what happens when he’s extracting information; fewer still in the ‘noble’ justice system would be willing to admit it could happen, and many simply ignored the possibility of evil.

Personality: There are many facets that form Rurkon’s personality, all showing based on the situation. Rurkon is very self-confident, and believes he is the best at everything – the best leader, the best warrior, the best anything. When somebody is better at him with something, he becomes jealous. Rather than attempting to improve himself, though, he attempts to put them down by any way possible and raise his own power. Thus, he has no drive for self-improvement. Anything that could potentially make him more powerful or elevate him via external means is something he’s quick to grab for, however; he always has ambitions to raise to the highest peak, though he lacks the imagination to go beyond that. Beyond all of these flaws, he does have one positive trait – always being up for a challenge, and refusing to turn down any insults made against him or his abilities.

Biography: Long after the League of Six Kingdoms fell, and the great empires of the Matoran Universe collapsed, there was still conflict stretching out across the Matoran Universe. It had been over sixteen thousand years after Levacius Vi’Targon had fallen, and the remnants of his kingdom had collapsed, leaving those areas of the continent in turmoil once more. The Brotherhood of Makuta were faced with a problem – it was their actions that had led to the former warlord being removed from power, and only they had enough power to stop it.

The Makuta Gorsat thus sent forth her Hagah team to deal with the varying warlords, thinking that six Toa would be more than enough for the job. And it was – but just like the Makuta, some Toa were vulnerable to corruption. Rurkon, the Ko-Toa of the team, was a true example of that. Though he bore no elemental affinities to the darkness, his moral light was just as darkened as that of his masters.

The entire team did not reflect his sole views from the very start. But promises of power can corrupt even the purest of hearts, and after a month spent on the continent, he had successfully persuaded all but one other member of the team to his side. That final Toa, the Ta-Toa commander of the team, discovered Rurkon’s plans and demanded him to cease. But his pleas were not heard, and Rurkon instructed the others to make their final decision. With seven thrusts of daggers, none grasped by the Ko-Toa himself, Rurkon became the new leader of the team.

Five Toa working in concert was more than enough for Rurkon to establish order in his own way, by conquest. But Rurkon knew the stories of the past, and was smart enough to establish a base. Carefully operating beneath the notice of Krika, lord of the northern regions of the continent, he established the fortress of Northgate along a strategic point to block off trade and the flow of information from the northern reaches and the central territories.

Making his own deals with the Makuta of the central regions, Rurkon was able to enlist the aid of numerous powerful allies, and even gained a squad of Rahkshi to work at his behest. From their, his plans went into motion, and his allies went out to form the necessary diplomatic measures and ties that it took. After ten years, all of his plans came into motion.

The day was known as the Battle of Blood Red Fields, for good reasons. The armies of almost every major kingdom or group in the central regions of the Northern Continent, all tricked into coming to this one point, allied with certain forces or with none, and coming from different directions. When they got there, great confusion was had as to how so many forces had been brought together.

The Battle began when a number of kings and generals were all mysteriously assassinated, and blame was pinned on a variety of forces. Mental manipulation and the transfer of important information between people was orchestrated by a Ce-Toa on Rurkon’s side. By the days end, every force in the area was involved in at least one way. It concluded with over twelve thousand lying dead in the fields, and every group there crippled. There would be no peace or respite to make, however – that was when Rurkon and his forces, mostly mercenaries but also a few selected forces who he had manipulated fully under his command, struck. Thousands more were added to the casualties list, with only a few hundred of Rurkon’s own being among them.

That day would be bloodiest seen on the Northern Continent until the Great Catacylsm over fifty thousand years later. The remnants of the destroyed forces were turned into either prisoners, slaves, or enlisted into Rurkon’s forces. The few lands that remained in full force heard of the events with dread, and swore fealty to Rurkon. Within a month, half of the continent was under his control.

Gorsat was naturally furious, and demanded Rurkon come face her. Caught up in the rush still, he made what may have been his greatest possible mistake, and responded with a demand for her to come to him in his lands. This only served to anger the Makuta more, and the furious Gorsat personally arrived in the midst of Rurkon’s great hall, easily destroying any defenses he had established and destroying the entire eastern wall of his fortress in the process.

Rurkon was quick enough of tongue to sway his former master away from the path of his self-destruction. He managed to shift responsibility of his actions over to the Makuta in the central regions who had sided with them. Furious, Gorsat abandoned her servants to their kingdom – though with the knowledge in mind they must still answer to her – and proceeded to throttle the other Makuta. It is likely that her continued survival after that was a combination of the fear others had of her and Teridax being amused at how the entire scenario played out.

Eventually, Rurkon delved into an ancient prophecy known as the Skylance Prophecy, and attempted to find a way to uncover the secrets of the lost artifact which had once been the badge of office for an ancient empire in the Continent. His constant pursuit of these secrets was his undoing, as he was eventually betrayed by his former colleagues and forced from the kingdom.

Time passed. Rurkon continued delving into ancient texts and writings, and travelled across many places in order to learn all he could. Only he knows what actions he performed during this time. It is known that at some point the other kingdoms of the Northern Continent joined together and crushed Rurkon’s former allies, and in the end there was actually a lot more stability in the region than before their bloody conquests began.

Whatever things he discovered, Rurkon came out of everything with his strange, alien items and the bizarre armor pattern that he has today. After the Battle of Bara-Magna, he entered out into the newly created world of Spherus Magna, much like other inhabitants of the Matoran Universe. His first matter of business was finding a way to entertain himself, which he did by joining the military and fighting against the Skrall. During those dark days, he earned numerous medals for his uniform on account of his battlefield experiences and later leadership accomplishments after many promotions that took him up to the rank of captain. He was eventually stripped of all rank, however, after leading his company on a full out assault against a Skrall village that had declared itself neutral which happened to be along the path to an enemy force. After an argument with his former commanding officer that ended with a fistfight, he was dishonorably discharged.

Rurkon struggled with getting a job after that, but eventually managed to get his way into corrective services as an interrogator at the prisons (though most prisoners would call him a torturer). He was kidnapped by the mysterious organization that’s been doing all of that kidnapping and stuff, and was convinced to join it… though at the time, his current aspirations are set at getting his hands on whatever resources and powers they have and putting himself in the leadership position. For now, he waits as just another member. Or something. LL says we’re not supposed to assume how this organization works, and nobody really said anything so I’m not going to risk giving him any kind of rank or privileges for now. I’ll just wait and find a way to kill off a higher ranked PC and take their job later, when the opportunity arises.

GREAT SCOTT! That was a lot of text. The GM never actually reads the text if you make enough of it, which means you can edit it whenever you want and say it was always there.

(I can say that because this RPG is about time travel.)

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Lev, I am leery of approving this profile. For once, I think I'll demonstrate my thoughts via a chart.Powers:

-Skilled control over ice. Can apparently flash freeze enemies, and that alone makes me leery due to the auto-hitty nature of the action.

-Sword that can fire blasts strong enough to go through stone and keep going. In other words, a Skakdi vision power in sword form,

-Strong mental shields.

-A Kanohi that sounds more or less like an OP version of the mask of fate. Always on at some level. Can react to attacks that are even going at Kakama Nuva speeds. And as you yourself say, any precision attacks are usually ineffective since he can dodge them. This thing is too overpowered to approve, and really just sounds like a opening the door for gmodding.

Weaknesses (Note: Actual, exploitable weaknesses to offset the powers listed above.):

-Will accept any challenge.

-Can't really use his element that well for long periods of time.So basically, we have a character with a mask too powerful to approve, more abilities than ost other characters have, extremely skilled at using his element (And I remember what happens when one of your characters is described as such.), and only two very flimsy weaknesses.

I can't approve this.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The Mask of Dodge sounds really similar to the Mask of Fate plus the Mask of Speed. Take out the part about the mask being as powerful as a Kanohi Nuva, clarify the Kanohi can't be used against a total surprise attack, and your profile should be fine. I think.

The mask provides no actual movement adantages. You can't run any faster or jump any faster/higher or anything else, you just dodge. It's not as powerful as a Kanohi Nuva, but when the user is concentrating on actively using the mask, they would be able to avoid most attacks made with the specified mask. It's basically just a copy-past of the Kraata power dodge, only I threw in a number of weaknesses to the mask in order to counterbalance it.

EDIT: I edited the character profile based on these suggestions.

I may start using sarcasm at any time from this point on considering that these comments were made after the creator of the RPG gave his analysis. Now, in all honesty, I should probably be friendly and just go with whatever people say right now so they'll vote for me in the contest, but I'm not that kind of person.

The Ice seems way powerful Lev. Flashfreezing things -instantly-? That, combined with the mask and sword is too OP for me to approve.

So flashfreezing people is more powerful than instantly incinerating them? Or using psionics to fry their brain? Or using iron powers to pretty much instantly crush their own body around them? Shall I go on? I'll cut out that footnote, though.

The sword is simply another range attack, and the attack it provides is no stronger than the average Rhotuka spinner with the right enhancements.

EDIT: I took out the part about flashfreezing, and made the edits LL wanted to the mask. Edits have thus been made.

-Skilled control over ice. Can apparently flash freeze enemies, and that alone makes me leery due to the auto-hitty nature of the action.

-Sword that can fire blasts strong enough to go through stone and keep going. In other words, a Skakdi vision power in sword form,

-Strong mental shields.

-A Kanohi that sounds more or less like an OP version of the mask of fate. Always on at some level. Can react to attacks that are even going at Kakama Nuva speeds. And as you yourself say, any precision attacks are usually ineffective since he can dodge them. This thing is too overpowered to approve, and really just sounds like a opening the door for gmodding.

Yes, because every time a person has a power that could auto-hit (read: any elemental power) they use

I'll weaken the swords power if it'll make y'all bugger off.

I don't like mind control.

Okay, let's analyze what a Kanohi Calix does. The mask is always on as a constant effect thing, and allows the user to perform feats to the maximum of their physical ability. The Kanohi Kakama, which LL mentioned above, let's you move faster in all respects. The Mask of Dodge is, as stated before, a replica of its respective Kraata power. In fact, it's weaker than the final form of that power, being only level 5. It's also weaker because it's not constantly on. Normally, it just makes his reflexes slightly faster, as though the mask was working at level 2; it needs to be activated for its full power to be used.

So, yeah. Always on at some level - not very strong. Can react to attacks are even going at Kakama Nuva speeds - the proper terminology is "skilled enough to dodge even Pohatu Nuva's speed", though same difference really. Precison attacks are usually ineffective... okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is hardly an improvement from the standard dodging of characters on this forum. We've got people who are magically unable to get hit by bullets in the middle of a fire fight and able to dodge a freaking lightning bolt or a laser. You can't just dodge a laser from ten feet away! That's pretty much what most 'precision' attacks are. And most characters have some form of burst attack. The ones that have no way of winning probably couldn't have beaten a Toa anyways. Heck, if a shotgun has enough blast to at least partially hit him, then you really don't need a super burst.

This thing is overpowered to anyone... yeah, we'll throw it on the same pile with the Calix, which does everything it does and more. And the Kakama, which does everything it does and more. Which are both allowed. I took an existing power, made it into a Kanohi that has a few of the traits of two others ones, and still comes out to have less. I'm already weakening the speed from what LL said and clarifying the fact that you can't dodge a sniper (note: everyone does anyways), so this is all pretty unnecessary.

Weaknesses (Note: Actual, exploitable weaknesses to offset the powers listed above.):

-Will accept any challenge.

-Can't really use his element that well for long periods of time.

Yup.

So basically, we have a character with a mask too powerful to approve, more abilities than ost other characters have, extremely skilled at using his element (And I remember what happens when one of your characters is described as such.), and only two very flimsy weaknesses.

There's a lot more you can do with extreme skill over lightning than ice, and that entire scenario would have been avoidable if someone hadn't tried out-shouting and grappling him earlier. Geeze, the thanks you get immediately after breaking the laws of physics to provide an escape route.

The problem you have here is that those are the things I listed in the weaknesses section, but that doesn't mean his only weaknesses. Here, let's look at one your characters weaknesses -

Tieran: Weak to light.

So you read the BS01 page and learned Toa of Shadow are weak to the element of light. Wasn't there a large argument a few pages back about how ridiculous this kind of stuff? If you read the profile fully, you would see in the 'Power' section where it says 'weak to fire'. Because that's where it belongs. With the rest of his elemental based abilities.

As far as I'm considered, the weaknesses section is where I'm going to actually put any notable weaknesses that are specific to that character, or any character flaws. I guess I like putting a little more thought into a character than stating the completely obvious. Toa of ice are weak to fire. It's a well known, well established fact. The rest of this stuff is not. It's the kind of stuff that by the end of the story, the character either has to overcome.... or ends up being doomed by.

I can't approve this.

Let me look two posts up... other than having to fix a few things, the profile was considered alright by the guy who actually made the RPG.

Lev, you of all people should know that what one GM approves, even the head GM, cannot and should not reflect the views of the entire staff as a whole.

(By the way, LL, no: I still won't join this game.)

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Lev, LL ended his post with the words "I think". In other words, it was open for input by the other staff. He did not explicitly say "approved". Actually, such things are always open to input by other staff members, because if there's a disagreement we converse in private and bring the verdict out once it has been ascertained.That post contained excessive amounts of sarcasm and insolence. You not only blatantly said you'd comply if it would make us "bugger off", but you also directly questioned my competence as a staff member, and directly brought my own gameplay into a situation wherein it was not only not your business, but not relavant to the discussion at hand. Instead, it seems to heva been intended as a personal jab. As a matter of fact, I did read the profile. If you had raised those points in a calm and respectful manner, I may have been willing to negotiate a little.But as it stands, that will not happen. I would like to quote something for you:

7. Respect the GMs. The head GM of this RPG is Legolover-361, and the staff are Gravity, Relapse (A.K.A. KNI), Vorex, and Kaithas. Legolover runs Loophole with the assistance of his staff, so please respect their judgement pertaining to this RPG.

Congratulations, Lev. For blatantly violating the seventh rule, you have earned your first infraction. This is the one and only warning you will get, as also specified in the rules, the second offense will carry a much heavier consequence.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Lev, LL ended his post with the words "I think". In other words, it was open for input by the other staff. He did not explicitly say "approved". Actually, such things are always open to input by other staff members, because if there's a disagreement we converse in private and bring the verdict out once it has been ascertained.That post contained excessive amounts of sarcasm and insolence. You not only blatantly said you'd comply if it would make us "bugger off", but you also directly questioned my competence as a staff member, and directly brought my own gameplay into a situation wherein it was not only not your business, but not relavant to the discussion at hand. Instead, it seems to heva been intended as a personal jab. As a matter of fact, I did read the profile. If you had raised those points in a calm and respectful manner, I may have been willing to negotiate a little.

I'm sorry if I put precedence to the guy who actually writes the story above someone else. I guess I was mistaken.

As a matter of fact, I found it very relevant to the discussion at hand. You make the claim that my profile doesn't provide enough weaknesses, when it as a matter of facts provides no less than one of your own. And if you claim to take it as a personal insult when I cite things that you have personally done as an example, or when I make the claim that my reasonings are to make you "bugger off", then I hope they can find a way to get your claims to snarky knighthood revoked.

But wow, sarcasm and insolence. That goes pretty hard, right there. I've been called a lot of things, but insolent is something new. I'm suffering deep, emotional trauma right now. No, wait, hold up... nah, that was just me being sarcastic again. But seriously, we've gotten to the point of name calling?

You know, now that you mention it, I think I forgot to edit the swords power level down. I'll go in and do that as soon as I make this post.

Congratulations, Lev. For blatantly violating the seventh rule, you have earned your first infraction. This is the one and only warning you will get, as also specified in the rules, the second offense will carry a much heavier consequence.

I think I may have gotten a warning earlier, but I dunno.

-Toa Levacius Zevhor :flagusa:

Lev. If you do not cease and desist, we can go to that second offense right here, right now. Actually, I should go to that second offense. Because even now, after you have been warned and punished for your behavior, you have continued it. In fact, you've devolved to taking potshots at my username, of all things. LL himself, in the initial post, declared that staff members should be treated with equal respect, and weight upon their words unless otherwise stated.In fact, the post where he "approved" your profile was left open ended.I have no issue with taking out that second offense, and talking to my fellow staff members later about what level of severity the punishment should entail.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Lev, you of all people should know that what one GM approves, even the head GM, cannot and should not reflect the views of the entire staff as a whole.

This is definitely a factor in any RPG, Loophole not exempted.

(By the way, LL, no: I still won't join this game.)

:(

Lev, LL ended his post with the words "I think". In other words, it was open for input by the other staff. He did not explicitly say "approved". Actually, such things are always open to input by other staff members, because if there's a disagreement we converse in private and bring the verdict out once it has been ascertained.

I'm sorry if I put precedence to the guy who actually writes the story above someone else. I guess I was mistaken.

I apologize for the vague nature of my post, but I did intend what Krayzikk said: to have my post be open-ended in case another staff member saw something I did not. While I am the final authority of Loophole, I am neither omnipresent nor omnipotent and am open to corrections and / or other opinions (for example, the name of the country featured in this RPG).To clarify: If another staff member has a problem with your profile, you must consider that problem. If you have a problem with said staff member's problem, the Loophole staff will discuss it. I don't want you genuflecting in the co-GMs' presences (or mine), but do respect their authority in this RPG, please.I'm not going to revoke Krayzikk's warning because I believe that, in this case, it is justified. I am not -- well, perhaps I am the dictator of Loophole, but do not assume that something I say will automatically curtail the opinions of other staff members.

I think I may have gotten a warning earlier, but I dunno.

It was not an official warning and thus does not count.

I don't play this game (yet), but I'm here anyway because this is gonna get entertaining fast.

-Tyler

I heard the racket way over in Off-Topic Culture (which totally has a cool short story by me, which all you guys should read [/shamelessplug]) and I came here for the same reason. So let me just leave this all to the pros and address one thing that particularly amuses me.

But seriously, we've gotten to the point of name calling?

Lev, there wouldn't be 'the point of name calling' in this discussion at all if you could just politely discuss your point without raging all over this discussion topic.

-Dovydas

I have a toa that could use some, if you wouldn't mind

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Mine is just walking down the street, towards the Jaga Sting to get a drink after work, and would still be wearing his full security armor.

War...war never changes.

Lev, no offense, but you're just digging yourself even deeper at this point. It's over, let it go.

If my prior experiences haven't proven this - I don't just do what I'm told. I say what I think and stand by whatever I believe in. If somene elses ego is in the way, and they have the ability to offer out punishments, then so be it.

I don't play this game (yet), but I'm here anyway because this is gonna get entertaining fast.

-Tyler

Check a few pages back and the more interesting arguments came up.

Lev. If you do not cease and desist, we can go to that second offense right here, right now. Actually, I should go to that second offense. Because even now, after you have been warned and punished for your behavior, you have continued it. In fact, you've devolved to taking potshots at my username, of all things. LL himself, in the initial post, declared that staff members should be treated with equal respect, and weight upon their words unless otherwise stated.In fact, the post where he "approved" your profile was left open ended.I have no issue with taking out that second offense, and talking to my fellow staff members later about what level of severity the punishment should entail.

If you claim to be a master of snark and sarcasm then it's expected that you don't take everything as a personal insult, or

I'm willing to treat people with equal respect, but that only extends so far. And I sure as karz am not going to treat you differently just because you're a staff member. I don't care if you're the president of the United States, I'll still treat you just the same as anyone else, because your position doesn't make you any better than anyone else. And no matter who that person is, if they have something to say and I disagree, I'll make my own positioning and stand by it.

If you want me to show my respect, don't try to bully me into doing what you want me to. Because I do still respect you because of actions in the past. Using staff powers as a way to prove your point is a way to rapidly decrease it.

One of the things I enjoy most about these RPGs is getting a chance to engage in debates over matters with other players. What matters to me is having fun. It's when people start taking things as personal insults and think having staff powers gives them an advantage that it stops being fun.

To clarify: If another staff member has a problem with your profile, you must consider that problem. If you have a problem with said staff member's problem, the Loophole staff will discuss it. I don't want you genuflecting in the co-GMs' presences (or mine), but do respect their authority in this RPG, please.I'm not going to revoke Krayzikk's warning because I believe that, in this case, it is justified. I am not -- well, perhaps I am the dictator of Loophole, but do not assume that something I say will automatically curtail the opinions of other staff members.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding. In any case, I did make ammendments to the character profile, which seems to have been forgotten amongst this debate.

Lev, there wouldn't be 'the point of name calling' in this discussion at all if you could just politely discuss your point without raging all over this discussion topic.

Oh hey Dovy, haven't seen you for a while. Just a correction - not once throughout this entire event have I been angry. I enjoyed writing the original post I made, and I've enjoyed the whole scenario as much as the rest of you folks (except, perhaps, Krayzikk) have. It's all just another way to establish the characters in the other story of the RPG - the discussion topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

For once - just once - I'm just going to cut it off. Because right now, the newer members of the forum are actually trying to get the RPG going while this little gathering seems to have fallen apart from being the debate I hoped for to a simple (if amusing) waste of time. I'm more than happy to get into more debates (and probably will), and hopefully, in the future, they'll turn out better. Like some of the ones we've had in the past. Because the most important thing is getting the story moving. And since we seem to have more active users right now than, well, any other time, I suggest we actually try to do that.

(P.S. That means if anyone mentions any more of this I'm just going to ignore them.)

Karz, I just could not post this reply with how fast this stuff was moving. Had to keep adding stuff every bloody minute.

And could someone check the modified character up above?

Oh hey Dovy, haven't seen you for a while. Just a correction - not once throughout this entire event have I been angry. I enjoyed writing the original post I made, and I've enjoyed the whole scenario as much as the rest of you folks (except, perhaps, Krayzikk) have. It's all just another way to establish the characters in the other story of the RPG - the discussion topic.

Except, you know, what happens to you in the discussion topic doesn't really happen to your characters, so these arguments are pretty pointless if you ask me.

But yeah, hi, Lev. Glad that you've seen reason, upset that this means we will have to all go home now.

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

1. [b]Name: Lone Flame
  2. [b]Gender:He
  3. [b]Species:Toa of Fire
  4. Kanohi: None
  5. Appearance:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5783936
  6. Powers:Mastery of most flame; Increased strength,Telekenisis
  7. Weapons:Flame Staff; Clockwork thornax launcher
  8. Abilities:Fire control, can use most technology; Is a skilled fighter
  9. Weaknesses: Extreme Cold;Electricty: Anti-Psychic Shields
  10. [b]Occupations: Bodyguard
  11. [b]Personality: He is curious, but also is very antisocial.
  12. [b]History: He was a toa on a far-off island, fighting off hordes of vortixx, when he lost his arm. He then moved to the city, to guard wealthy matoran

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

yay! I'll post as Salamon in a bit. writing a profile for a different rp, and it's been taking me a while.

War...war never changes.

1. [b]Name: Lone Flame
  2. [b]Gender:He
  3. [b]Species:Toa of Fire
  4. Kanohi: None
  5. Appearance:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5783936
  6. Powers:Mastery of most flame; Increased strength,Telekenisis
  7. Weapons:Flame Staff; Clockwork thornax launcher
  8. Abilities:Fire control, can use most technology; Is a skilled fighter
  9. Weaknesses: Extreme Cold;Electricty: Anti-Psychic Shields
  10. [b]Occupations: Bodyguard
  11. [b]Personality: He is curious, but also is very antisocial.
  12. [b]History: He was a toa on a far-off island, fighting off hordes of vortixx, when he lost his arm. He then moved to the city, to guard wealthy matoran

Approved, I'd say watch that increased strength, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. As long as it's not Pakari-level, it seems fine to me.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Levacius, I tried.I genuinely did. Even after the first official warning, I gave you a second unofficial one. I really didn't want to have to do this, but by continuing this, you've left me with no alternatives.

After conferring with another staff member, we have decided on the punishment for your second offense. You are now banned from this RPG for three days, effective immediately. One day for every post of your's after and including the original warning-worthy post. You may not post in any topic pertaining to Loophole for the next seventy two hours. If you feel you must, anything you wish to say can be said to me via PM.

This is not the first time, Levacius. You have been warned once officially, and no less than three times unofficially by three separate staff members. You have continued on regardless.Contrary to what you seem to believe, I was not trying to use staff powers to prove my point. I was doing my job in pointing out aspects of a character I find to be detrimental to the game if approved, and handed out punishments after that as per my job description. Actually, the one and only way I failed in my job was by not giving you the second offense immediately when you earned it.

If doing my job somehow diminishes your respect for me, I'm okay with that. You claim to treat staff equally to everyone else, but you haven't. Actually, you've treated them worse. Because somehow just doing our jobs warrants excessive and particularly vicious sarcasm. You say it's a joke, but when used in an official process, how else can I take it but as serious? Nor do I genuinely believe that it was as innocent as you claim.My name may be The Snark Knight, but I know when the time to be sarcastic is, and when is the time to drop the sarcastic attitude, and work with people.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Wow, banned from the Discussion Topic. So I can't even say anything, to anyone. That's new. Somewhat interesting, too.

But if that's the case, I'm cool with it. In fact, you know what, since I'm making this post here anyways, make it a week ban. Absolutely no character activity for a whole week. I could use the time off.

It's one thing telling me not to RP, but telling me not to actually say anything (after, mind you, already saying I wouldn't) without having it go through your PM box? Fine. You win. I'll be quiet. You can have a little peace and quiet, and savor for yourself a victory, for whatever it's worth to you.

EDIT: Gone for a week. Or longer, if I get a longer ban. Either way, see you folks.

IC:

Lone walked in his apartment late at night. The matoran he was guarding seemed... odd.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

I have a new profile:

Name: Kratnik

Species: Ko-Toa

Kanohi: Huna

Appearence: Left arm has been cut off, he instead has a cannon. Other than that, he is a normal Ko-Toa

Powers: Control of ice, can turn invisible

Weapons: Arm cannon, the blasts of which render the victim unconscious, depending on how long he charges the cannon and the target size.. He also has a short sword.

Abilities: Stealth, fighting with sword. Very good accuracy with arm cannon.

Weaknesses: Is not very adept with his ice powers, weak to heat. His arm cannon is somewhat loud, so it gives his position away if he doesn't hit his target. The longer he charges it, the louder it gets.

Personality: Unwilling to kill. Extremely distant, even for a Ko-Toa. Silent.

Background: Kratnik never talks about his past. All the other members of the gang know about him is that he became a Toa very recently and is still mastering his powers. He normally keeps his distance from others. He says his reason for joining the gang was because his arm was cut off by a police official.

Let me know if anything needs to change. Thank you.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?