Loophole: Communications

Legolover-361

About how long does the arm cannon render the target unconscious, or is that depended on the target size/mental capability, etc?

Edited my post, it is based on target size and how long he charges the blast.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

To me, it depends on how developed the story is by the time when you will re-submit it. If it is somewhat close to finishing, I wouldn't want it to be re-submitted. If it isn't close, then I would like for it to be resubmitted.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

To me, it depends on how developed the story is by the time when you will re-submit it. If it is somewhat close to finishing, I wouldn't want it to be re-submitted. If it isn't close, then I would like for it to be resubmitted.

I agree with this as well.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Guess who's back? As promised - one week.

I would like to ask if anyone wants me to re-enter Loophole for the next RPG contest. I don't want to re-enter it at the moment, but I'm open to changing my mind if enough people want me to do so.

I'd be interested to see how the story ends if we can't get to the end before the month is over. This assumes we start making our way to the story before then, which I think might be a high priority before the RPG is over. If it continues the way it is now, though, I think it would be best to just try another RPG.

Now that I'm back, may I ask exactly what the status on getting a certain character approved? I'd been talking to Gravity about it but I was left with a "soon enough" for the approval/disapproval.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, you're welcome. You know me, shake the snow globe every so often, see what happens... B-)

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Sorry if this isn't the place for discussion but I couldn't find a discussions topic. Anyway this is relevant to character "registration" sooo...

• How soon is the RPG ending? I am pretty interested in this one specifically but I'm not sure how the BZP RPG cycles go. I see discussion of whether or not it will be renewed but regardless I don't want to start if the story is already being wrapped up.
  • Are Matoran/Toa/Turaga bound to specific genders? For instance, if I wanted to RP a female Fe-Matoran or male Toa of Lightning would that be against the rules?

Thanks!

Sorry if this isn't the place for discussion but I couldn't find a discussions topic. Anyway this is relevant to character "registration" sooo...

• How soon is the RPG ending? I am pretty interested in this one specifically but I'm not sure how the BZP RPG cycles go. I see discussion of whether or not it will be renewed but regardless I don't want to start if the story is already being wrapped up.
  • Are Matoran/Toa/Turaga bound to specific genders? For instance, if I wanted to RP a female Fe-Matoran or male Toa of Lightning would that be against the rules?

Thanks!

For the first one, that depends on if the RPG is resubmitted. If it is not, I give it, maybe, two weeks? If it is resubmitted, (And it wins), then it has another three months. For the second, no. Genders are not restricted to element.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Name: Rurkon

Species: Ko-Toa

Kanohi: Great Mask of Dodge. This mask allows Rurkon to dodge even the attacks of a Kakama user, and instinctively avoid most melee or ranged weapon based attacks. It also provides some protection against burst attacks, but large explosions and non-precision elemental strikes can get around this power. Even a shotgun blast provides enough spray that he can’t avoid a full blast. The power is always on at a lesser, subconscious level, but requires active concentration to work at full power. Anything that would normally restrict Rurkon from dodging an attack also restricts the mask. It also provides no protection against an attack made with total surprise.

Appearance: Rurkon stands at a commanding height for a Toa, with armor of a black coloration inscribed with white writing that seems to glow. He wears a large black cloak, and has a huge scabbard over his back that contains a massive greatsword. He is rather lean in build, and has no exterior armoring to allow some freedom of movement. His mask appears as a Noble Huna.

Powers: Rurkon possesses the Elemental Powers of Ice. He is an incredibly talented user of his elemental powers. Due to his elemental nature, Rurkon is also nearly immune to ice and cold, but weak to fire based attacks.

Abilities: Rurkon has powerful mental shields due to both training and willpower. He is a master of the blade, and happens to be left handed. He has some skill with psychology, most notably in the arts of intimidation, and uses them in combat (making him a very vocal adversary). Of his non-combat traits, he is skilled at using any method available – carrot or, as he prefers it, stick – to extract information from people. He is a good tactician, as long as an adversary does not successfully goad him in before the plans are complete. If he knows the enemy – especially ones he’s interrogated – his victory is all but assured, as he can predict their moves and counter them in single combat or on a larger field.

Weaknesses: Rurkon is arrogant, ambitious, greedy, and envious – all traits that can be easily exploited by a person. He is also very haughty and sure of his powers, and will never turn down a challenge (though he is not honorable – he will not play fair). He also lacks skill regarding long term elemental effects, and can only masterfully perform acute effects. Finally, Rurkon isn't really that fast as far as his movements go, and can only keep up against other experienced warriors with the help of his mask; he can't run very quickly, and his dexterity as far as firing most 'modern' ranged weaponry is lacking, particularly without a scope.

Equipment: Rurkon possesses a greatsword of no given name that acts as his Toa Tool. When he focuses his will, the blade glows a bright red and can, when swung, cast forth a blast of red energy that can slice through a few inches of solid rock before being disrupted, providing him a viable ranged attack.

Occupations: Rurkon was formerly serving as the interrogator in the Central City prisons. Only among the prisoners was his true brutal harshness and cruelty ever whispered, but few try to remember what happens when he’s extracting information; fewer still in the ‘noble’ justice system would be willing to admit it could happen, and many simply ignored the possibility of evil.

Personality: There are many facets that form Rurkon’s personality, all showing based on the situation. Rurkon is very self-confident, and believes he is the best at everything – the best leader, the best warrior, the best anything. When somebody is better at him with something, he becomes jealous. Rather than attempting to improve himself, though, he attempts to put them down by any way possible and raise his own power. Thus, he has no drive for self-improvement. Anything that could potentially make him more powerful or elevate him via external means is something he’s quick to grab for, however; he always has ambitions to raise to the highest peak, though he lacks the imagination to go beyond that. Beyond all of these flaws, he does have one positive trait – always being up for a challenge, and refusing to turn down any insults made against him or his abilities.

Biography: Long after the League of Six Kingdoms fell, and the great empires of the Matoran Universe collapsed, there was still conflict stretching out across the Matoran Universe. It had been over sixteen thousand years after Levacius Vi’Targon had fallen, and the remnants of his kingdom had collapsed, leaving those areas of the continent in turmoil once more. The Brotherhood of Makuta were faced with a problem – it was their actions that had led to the former warlord being removed from power, and only they had enough power to stop it.

The Makuta Gorsat thus sent forth her Hagah team to deal with the varying warlords, thinking that six Toa would be more than enough for the job. And it was – but just like the Makuta, some Toa were vulnerable to corruption. Rurkon, the Ko-Toa of the team, was a true example of that. Though he bore no elemental affinities to the darkness, his moral light was just as darkened as that of his masters.

The entire team did not reflect his sole views from the very start. But promises of power can corrupt even the purest of hearts, and after a month spent on the continent, he had successfully persuaded all but one other member of the team to his side. That final Toa, the Ta-Toa commander of the team, discovered Rurkon’s plans and demanded him to cease. But his pleas were not heard, and Rurkon instructed the others to make their final decision. With seven thrusts of daggers, none grasped by the Ko-Toa himself, Rurkon became the new leader of the team.

Five Toa working in concert was more than enough for Rurkon to establish order in his own way, by conquest. But Rurkon knew the stories of the past, and was smart enough to establish a base. Carefully operating beneath the notice of Krika, lord of the northern regions of the continent, he established the fortress of Northgate along a strategic point to block off trade and the flow of information from the northern reaches and the central territories. Over time, he began to establish further order in the lands and increase his power. As time passed, though, it became obvious that he and the rest of his team had forgotten their original purpose, and were more interested in being just another conquering warrior in the land.

Gorsat was naturally furious, and she personally arrived in the midst of Rurkon’s great hall, easily destroying any defenses he had established and destroying the entire eastern wall of his fortress in the process to make her way to him. He was quick enough of tongue to sway his former master away from destroying him. After humiliating him brutally, she left the team with what they had and made them vow to finish their duty and stop playing around.

Eventually, Rurkon delved into an ancient prophecy known as the Skylance Prophecy, and attempted to find a way to uncover the secrets of the lost artifact which had once been the badge of office for an ancient empire in the Continent. His constant pursuit of these secrets was his undoing, as he was eventually betrayed by his former colleagues and forced from the small kingdom they had established.

Time passed. Rurkon continued delving into ancient texts and writings, and travelled across many places in order to learn all he could. Only he knows what actions he performed during this time. At some point, the kingdom around Northgate collapsed due to poor management by the other Toa, but the fortress was still used by many - including, some say, Rurkon once more.

Whatever things he discovered, Rurkon came out of everything with his strange, alien items and the bizarre armor pattern that he has today. After the Battle of Bara-Magna, he entered out into the newly created world of Spherus Magna, much like other inhabitants of the Matoran Universe. His first matter of business was finding a way to entertain himself, which he did by joining the military and fighting against the Skrall. During those dark days, he earned numerous medals for his uniform on account of his battlefield experiences and later leadership accomplishments after many promotions that took him up to the rank of captain. He was eventually stripped of all rank, however, after leading his company on a full out assault against a Skrall village that had declared itself neutral which happened to be along the path to an enemy force. After an argument with his former commanding officer that ended with a fistfight, he was dishonorably discharged.

Rurkon struggled with getting a job after that, but eventually managed to get his way into corrective services as an interrogator at the prisons (though most prisoners would call him a torturer). He was kidnapped by the mysterious organization that’s been doing all of that kidnapping and stuff, and was convinced to join it… though at the time, his current aspirations are set at getting his hands on whatever resources and powers they have and putting himself in the leadership position. For now, he waits as just another member. Or something. LL says we’re not supposed to assume how this organization works, and nobody really said anything so I’m not going to risk giving him any kind of rank or privileges for now. I’ll just wait and find a way to kill off a higher ranked PC and take their job later, when the opportunity arises.

With the present modifications I had this character approved by Gravity. Technically three times because of a triple post (something funky is happening with the PM box). So just gonna stick that in the Department of Security.

Few other things -

What exactly is the layout of the bank? Because this doesn't sound like any bank I've ever been in, and I've been inside more than a few banks in my life. Maybe not deep inside, but I'm pretty sure the Union Bank of California doesn't have elevators.

And -

They do know most banks don't keep that much money in them, right?

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

• [*]How soon is the RPG ending? I am pretty interested in this one specifically but I'm not sure how the BZP RPG cycles go. I see discussion of whether or not it will be renewed but regardless I don't want to start if the story is already being wrapped up.[*]Are Matoran/Toa/Turaga bound to specific genders? For instance, if I wanted to RP a female Fe-Matoran or male Toa of Lightning would that be against the rules?

Thanks!

No worries; this is indeed the discussion topic for this RPG.To the first question: I do not plan to re-enter Loophole in the next RPG contest, so as Canis said, this RPG should be alive for maybe another two weeks.To the second question: No. There may be some RPGs that do require genders be bound to elements, but I haven't seen them, and this particular RPG does not have such a requirement.

Few other things - What exactly is the layout of the bank? Because this doesn't sound like any bank I've ever been in, and I've been inside more than a few banks in my life. Maybe not deep inside, but I'm pretty sure the Union Bank of California doesn't have elevators. And - They do know most banks don't keep that much money in them, right?

Heh, uh, I've never actually been in a bank beyond the counter in a small one. I was thinking of film portrayals of vaults as I wrote my posts. My only alibi is that banks in Bionicle aren't necessarily modeled after those in the real world.

Heh, uh, I've never actually been in a bank beyond the counter in a small one. I was thinking of film portrayals of vaults as I wrote my posts. My only alibi is that banks in Bionicle aren't necessarily modeled after those in the real world.

I was going to make a guess at the layout, but it appears it does not matter now. Still, I guess it would make sense for a bit more security to be involved in a Bionicle bank. The best they can do is armed robbery IRL. Fiery explosions? Much worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • [*]Name: Deadmerc[*]Species: Glatorian [*]Gender: Male[*]Powers: regeneration of lost body parts, has a multitude of daggers, two twin protodermis katanas, and a midak skyblaster, adapted for more storage, and can tell past of people he meets.[*]Alignment: Good, but sometimes unintentionally.[*]Personality and History: He is cracks wisecracks at his foes and taunts them most of the time due to mental disorders caused by experimentation done on him by the Dark Hunters for stealing some money to but medicine for his brother. During this he gained his regeneration ability,but also many mental problems, as they tried to give him telepathy and foresight which backfired, only giving him the ability to tell the past, or what he calls "hindsight.[*]Description: He wears a red helmet with black around the eyes, and has that color scheme all over his body.He has the Jaller ignika body peice, with black on the sides, as well as black. He has black shoulder pads and red arms, as well as black feet on red legs with black upper armor. [*]Weaknesses: Beheading and insulting him better than he insulted you.[*]Occupation:Mercenary, hired gun, and "world" class chef

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

Ok

Sidenote:He is also in the main rpg, just is a toa of fire instead

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

It's quite obvious to me that Loophole isn't going to advance much if at all before it's closed, so I would like to say a few things now.First: I'm sorry. I entered this RPG without adequate pre-planning, expecting sandbox interactions to cover for me till I could think of a good plot direction. I had vague events in my mind, but they never materialized due to delays and . I should have done more to run this RPG than write a first post and wing it.Second: Even if this train slipped off the tracks, thank you to all who boarded the express with me anyway. Special thanks to the RPG staff, who bore with me and helped where they could. If you enjoyed this RPG, power to you; every RPG I make is constructed for the primary purpose of enjoyment. If, on the contrary, you didn't enjoy Loophole, I hope I can make things right with my next RPG (which is already in the works).Maybe I'm being a little picky. The last few months have been all right, after all. I just have a feeling they could've been better.Again, thank you for playing, and hopefully you'll grant me another chance when I next enter an RPG.