• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Loophole: Communications

Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
543 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Retired BZPRPG Dictator

• 4,132 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 10:26 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Alright people, in light of my recent post, anyone who would like to be involved for the search of the late-night adrenaline junky who got over fifty speeding tickets while making a getaway from a squad of police vehicles please say so now.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The character has to be part of the Department of Security, for obvious reasons.[/color][/font]

[color=#8b4513;]Oh! OH! OH! I do I do I do! Pick me![/color]

[color=#8b4513;]...[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]wait.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]:P[/color]

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

Posted Image

#122 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 10:31 AM

[color=rgb(139,69,19);]Oh! OH! OH! I do I do I do! Pick me![/color]

[color=rgb(139,69,19);]...[/color]

[color=rgb(139,69,19);]wait.[/color]

[color=rgb(139,69,19);] :P[/color]

---

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]"Yes, sir, I have come to a conclusion.  The only possible being that could have done this is..."[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]"...Myself."[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]*cliche gasp*[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]EDIT CAUSE I FORGOT SOMETHING: Kranos approved for use.[/color][/font]

Edited by Gravity, Jan 03 2013 - 10:35 AM.

01T3YDF.jpg

#123 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 10:43 AM

^ Well that rules out Kranos. =P Is there a chase, or simply searching for the suspect? =P

#124 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:09 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]As of now, its just a search for a suspect.  [/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The police chase already happened. :P[/color][/font]

01T3YDF.jpg

#125 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:12 AM

Dang, I missed all the fun. xD Alright then, I think I can still have some fun; cops are looking for fast moving objects, right? =P And patrolling streets and such, right?/EDIT: Looks like we might be setting up the Vo-Toa weaknesses, Tuck; that's at least two people now who have had water be the weakness for Toa of Lightning. Granted, it's pretty standard, electric thing goes into water, people are in water, zap zap; but it is rather amusing. =P

Edited by BZP Blade, Jan 03 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#126 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:27 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Ha, you should see the amount of Kra-Toa in this RPG with "elemental light" as a weakness.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]In other words, I'm gonna have some fun with my new Av-Toa cop NPC. :[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]...Okay, Bzp just lost half my post.... [/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Anyway, the chase is over and done with, and its mostly just reviewing traffic camera tapes and going after leads.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The best part. :D[/color][/font]

Edited by Gravity, Jan 03 2013 - 11:30 AM.

01T3YDF.jpg

#127 Offline Pokemon Trainer N

Pokemon Trainer N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,548 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:28 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Ha, you should see the amount of Kra-Toa in this RPG with "elemental light" as a weakness.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]In other words, I'm gonna have some fun with my new Av-Toa cop NPC. :3[/color][/font]

[color=#4b0082;]And I'm planning to have some fun with the amount of Kra-Toa. :3[/color]

- Vorex

Someday, you're going to need help. Someday, you're going to turn to me, because there's no one else left. And when you do, I will say 'no'. I will look you dead in the eyes and I will say no, because you let her die, David. 

marked.png

"There's a new world on the way."

Marked: Chapter 12 Coming Soon

Review Topic

slothy slothy slothpants

bzprpg 2013 y'all

#128 Offline Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Retired BZPRPG Dictator

• 4,132 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:31 AM

/EDIT: Looks like we might be setting up the Vo-Toa weaknesses, Tuck; that's at least two people now who have had water be the weakness for Toa of Lightning. Granted, it's pretty standard, electric thing goes into water, people are in water, zap zap; but it is rather amusing. =P

[color=#8b4513;]That's good, but at least I have an actual, real weakness; most profiles have "Anger issues" or "unable to fight at close combat" etc etc, not actual physical weaknesses (trust me, I should know) Water may be standard, but absolutely legit weakness, and in fact most elements have one or two OTHER elements as their opposite. Ice v Fire, Water v Fire, Plasma v Magnetism, The Green v Fire, Water v Electricity, Plasma v Iron... the list goes on. Standard, but real and better than most other weaknesses you're gonna find ;)[/color]

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

Posted Image

#129 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, that's very true. Something you can find, and then constantly use against your opponent. =PGravity: I had technically meant if there were other 'traffic cops' looking for others to chase down and attempt to arrest. =P

#130 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,727 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:52 AM

I had both. Elemental weakness, and a behavioral one.

On anther note, I'd be interested, Grav. I'll have a profile for the purpose posted later.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#131 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, that's very true. Something you can find, and then constantly use against your opponent. =PGravity: I had technically meant if there were other 'traffic cops' looking for others to chase down and attempt to arrest. =P

---

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Oh yes, there's plenty.[/color][/font]

01T3YDF.jpg

#132 Offline CAPUA

CAPUA
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,720 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 12:06 PM

Any Toa of Electricity can curb-stomp my robot simply overloading his circuit board. :P

Still won't stop him from joining the search for the suspect.

character_37075_f.jpg

#133 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 01:31 PM

I overlook water being a valid weakness for Levacius simply for the fact that he'd lived around it for over fifty thousand years spending most of his time on-board a ship. You get used to finding your way around that kind of stuff.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#134 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,727 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:17 PM

Um, Lev? Not to burst your bubble, but you can't really, you know, work your way around basic science. Water is a weakness to lightning. Pretty much the end of the story.

Posted Image

#135 Offline Pokemon Trainer N

Pokemon Trainer N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,548 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:20 PM

I overlook water being a valid weakness for Levacius simply for the fact that he'd lived around it for over fifty thousand years spending most of his time on-board a ship. You get used to finding your way around that kind of stuff.

[color=#4b0082;]Of course that's the reason. You're not just trying to avoid giving your character a weakness.[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]I'm sorry, but no. If Lev was on a boat he must have had a pretty bad time, water being a weakness to him. But he's not invincible. Basic weaknesses are basic weaknesses.[/color]

- Vorex

Someday, you're going to need help. Someday, you're going to turn to me, because there's no one else left. And when you do, I will say 'no'. I will look you dead in the eyes and I will say no, because you let her die, David. 

marked.png

"There's a new world on the way."

Marked: Chapter 12 Coming Soon

Review Topic

slothy slothy slothpants

bzprpg 2013 y'all

#136 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:32 PM

Seems to have been overlooked

My detective is standing in front of Aistita's garage looking for mechanics capable of making a hoverbike like the one that outran a dozen different cops the night before.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#137 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well; technically it would be a valid loophole; so long as he doesn't decide that something needs a lightning bolt to the face. There's a reason that people don't use use electricity in the water: Because anything in the water gets many volts of electricity pumped into their bodies.Though, the question is then brought up of 'how are electric eels able to survive', but we can hand-wave that part. >>

#138 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:36 PM

Um, Lev? Not to burst your bubble, but you can't really, you know, work your way around basic science. Water is a weakness to lightning. Pretty much the end of the story.

~~~~~

Only because you choose to think of it that way. Water is merely a conductor of electricity. Assuming you don't use your elemental powers, there's no reason for it to harm you. Now obviously somebody without proper training couldn't use electricity powers while submerged or in contact with water without electrocuting themselves. However, once you've been around it that long, you would learn to know how to use it to your advantage, as anybody who knew what they were doing with an elemental ability could.

Assume, for instance, that you're in a rainstorm, on a boat, in the middle of the ocean, fighting a Kraken. That would be a bad situation, and would hinder you to generating electric fields at an area away from yourself. On the other hand, let's assume you're walking in a street full of puddles on Stelt. Then, it would be quite easy to make that into an advantage while facing off adversaries by blasting lightning at their pool while you're in your own. Or, perhaps, stopping people from close by sending a charge through yourself, enough to cause minor shock but not harm, while being really bad for them. Natural electrical resistance and all that.

Of course that's the reason. You're not just trying to avoid giving your character a weakness.

I'm sorry, but no. If Lev was on a boat he must have had a pretty bad time, water being a weakness to him. But he's not invincible. Basic weaknesses are basic weaknesses.

~~~~~

Yes, because a pre-established back story that I've used for a couple dozen variations of the same character along the lines of "this is cool, he's 90,000 years old, so let's be a smuggler/adventurer for part or half of that life span" was generated simply to work around a weakness that would be brought up a whole year later in order to go against what a bunch of other people thought"

As it so happens, Levacius does happen to have his own weaknesses. Then there's also the weakness known as 'player isn't going to metagame and immediately figure out the weaknesses of other people', but I don't think that constitutes as one.

Now, what it boils down to is if you can give a logical weakness why water in and of itself would be a weakness to anyone other than the Wicked Witch of the West, I would be willing to listen. But another thing that this all boils down to is that accepting a natural elemental weakness as a feasible weakness is somewhat silly. It comes with the job description. I'm well aware that using lightning powers in the middle of a pool would be dangerous and stupid, but that's hardly an actual character weakness.

While a number of people here claim that stating a physical weakness in a profile is necessary, it's really not. All that it means is that characters can just throw together something like 'oh, I can't use my powers when submerged' or 'my ice melts when I'm on fire' or something that should be obvious. As a role-playing game, any weaknesses should be along the realms of personality and the actual characters psyche to constitute as something going above and beyond what that character is. Thus, a weakness, like everything else, should be part of what makes that character unique. If you give every single member of the same element the same weakness as part of their actual 'weaknesses', then it just means that you've got yet another thing that is copy-pasted from every other member of the same element.

This is, of course, completely ignoring my own opinion which is that such things would be an actual part of the 'Personality' or 'Powers' thing of character, and that any other major weaknesses are up to their own discretion in order to flesh their character out further as a completely optional and voluntary thing.

Also, what Blade said. Levacius knows well the electric eel maneuver when you're desperate.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jan 03 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#139 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,727 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:43 PM

Lev, it doesn't matter.

Vorex is staff, Vorex has spoken. Water is a valid, and existing, weakness for lightning, as agreed by the GM of this game and several players. Heck, even the first of those alone ends the discussion.

Electric eels are also biologically designed to administer shocks and survive. Your point is invalid.

Second, physical weaknesses are mandatory. Staff says so, staff's word is law. End of story, Whatever your personal feelings on the matter are, they're irrelevant.

Kthanksbai

Posted Image

#140 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:45 PM

I wasn't aware this was a dictatorship. Where I come from if you can make a logical argument and convince the staff of something....

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 03 2013 - 02:45 PM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#141 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:47 PM

Lev, it doesn't matter.

Vorex is staff, Vorex has spoken. Water is a valid, and existing, weakness for lightning, as agreed by the GM of this game and several players. Heck, even the first of those alone ends the discussion.

Electric eels are also biologically designed to administer shocks and survive. Your point is invalid.

Second, physical weaknesses are mandatory. Staff says so, staff's word is law. End of story, Whatever your personal feelings on the matter are, they're irrelevant.

Kthanksbai

~~~~~

I would appreciate it if the staff took to staffing the RPG, and not telling me how to run my character. My character will not melt in water, nor will water physically harm him. He's not going to use his powers in the water except as a last result due to the physical pain involved, either. But that's common sense, and is not something anybody should consider a weakness. That's final. Don't tell me how to play my character - any of my characters - unless you think you can play them better than me.

#142 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,768 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:51 PM

[color=#006400;]Toa of Lightning =/= Electric Eels. [/color]

[color=#006400;]But ANYWAY, whether or not the staff allows it or not, I hardly see how even if a Toa of Lightning is really good at his element how water wouldn't still at least give them SOME trouble. I mean if you're completely soaked or submerged in water I honestly don't recommended using lightning powers, maybe if you're really careful? But all the same you'd be limited in how you use them unless you don't care about shocking yourself. [/color]

[color=#006400;]Edit: Ah yes, I think I see what you mean Lev, all the same maybe so people don't feel all butt hurt, would it really hurt to list water as something that hinders his use of his element?[/color]

Edited by Snelly, Jan 03 2013 - 02:54 PM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#143 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:52 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Physical weaknesses are required.  Water is a weakness of lightning, its just how it works.  Now, that can go both ways.  Such as a Toa of Water shooting out a stream at an electrified Toa of Lightning.  Ruins their day quite quickly.  Just like fire/ice.  Both are elemental opposites, as such, the are both weak and strong against one another.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]But of course, throwing logic out the window is pretty much what we do, right?  I really hope I don't have to answer this.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Also, just because it is a weakness it doesn't mean its a doomsday weapon against that character.  Its a weakness.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]As it stands, water is a viable and logical weakness of lightning.  Just as lightning is a logical and viable weakness of water.  Sure you could work around it, but the weakness is still there whether you encounter the situation or not.[/color][/font]

01T3YDF.jpg

#144 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,676 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:53 PM

I hate to say this to my fellow staff, but I agree with Lev on this one. Which is incredibly rare, so enjoy it. If he's trained with those conditions, he probably knows how to work around them. As far as I'm concerned, that's perfectly reasonable. Anyone who thinks differently can PM me and we can work it out.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#145 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:55 PM

I don't exactly understand what's being said here-do people seriously think, that upon contact with water, Lev's character will be harmed somehow? Or that it can't be worked around in certain situations?

.....That doesn't make much sense. I'm with Lev on this one. 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#146 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,768 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:56 PM

I don't exactly understand what's being said here-do people seriously think, that upon contact with water, Lev's character will be harmed somehow? Or that it can't be worked around in certain situations?

.....That doesn't make much sense. I'm with Lev on this one. 

[color=#006400;]Err no that's not what they're saying, at least that's not what I'm trying to say. [/color]

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#147 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:01 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]As I stated before, just because you can avoid it, the weakness does not go away.  A Toa of Fire may never step foot in Ko-Wahi (to use an example) but his weakness to ice doesn't just disappear.[/color][/font]

01T3YDF.jpg

#148 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:01 PM

Considering how....hostile...some of the posts seemed, I might have misinterpreted it. From my reading I have determined two things:

1. Great Cthulhu waits sleeping in Ry'leh. Blessed be Great Cthulhu.

2. It seems like Lev is saying that after fifty thousand years of experience, his character knows enough about how minimize the danger of water, negating it being a major weakness worth listening. Since there are people who are so skilled at climbing they don't need to list "vulnerable to falling from high places" on their medical records, that seems reasonable. 

#149 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,676 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:03 PM

I hate to say this to my fellow staff, but I agree with Lev on this one. Which is incredibly rare, so enjoy it. If he's trained with those conditions, he probably knows how to work around them. As far as I'm concerned, that's perfectly reasonable. Anyone who thinks differently can PM me and we can work it out.

----Guys. Please. I think it's settled. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#150 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:04 PM

Pardon, did I miss something or you above the other staff in rank? They seem content to continue the conversation here.

#151 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:07 PM

As I said - I know there are situations where using electric based powers would be ridiculous and cause only harm to yourself. Most involving water. But it's not a weakness, it's basic logic. Calling anything that could hinder your elemental powers a weakness is just a cheap way to avoid customizing your character. The only real weaknesses are -

- Physical handicaps (missing an eye? arm?; the most extreme, this should be voluntary to help set the characters appearance and uniqueness)

- Major weaknesses (killed by contact with sunlight; another more extreme weakness, for use with highly customized and powerful characters)

- Psychological weaknesses (the standard thing that any characters should have - something that can be manipulated in combat or during role-playing interactions)

Perhaps, though, on the third one, people have forgotten it's a role-playing game. This is not a fighting game. The fighting is only part of advancing the story. Or maybe this is a fighting game, and we're all supposed to be stabbing each other to death and acting like a bunch of psychopaths (which is, to say, ourselves).

Water can hinder people with electrical powers. That's logic. That's not a weakness. Anyone who disagrees with me can do so, and return to their Toa of Fire whose only weakness is 'less able to resist the cold'.

The one thing I can say is that out of all of this, the statement 'vulnerable to falling from high places' has made my day. And completely secures my point. I guess I should change my characters weaknesses to -

Weaknesses: Stuff from before. Is harmed by using electricity when he has water on him or is submerged in it because it's a conductor. Can be killed by a bullet to the head. Cannot stare at the sun for too long without going blind.

Now, since KNI wants to end this, I think I'll conclude my point here. Anybody can PM me if they have a logical reasoning behind anything, or if they can give me a single reason why anything I've said is wrong.

#152 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:08 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Now, I can completely agree with having such a weakness that would normally be major be minor for a trained character.  As long as the character (and player) are aware that it is still a weakness.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Weaknesses such as this cannot just disappear.  Unless your character wears a water-proof shock-resistant body suit 24/7.[/color][/font]

01T3YDF.jpg

#153 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:08 PM

I've read the argument, and believe me, I have opinions. However, it'd be awful nice to stop arguing and keep rocking. Rest assured, if I see rule breaking in game I'll step in.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#154 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:11 PM

If I may just say something? I personally would think that the electric backfiring would start around when the gatherings of water became more than a puddle; especially for people with more control of their element. Since, for those people, you'd not typically use a full-body aura of electricity, just to shoot out lightning bolts, and such. Good for intimidation, bad for energy conservation.My character is weak to water, yes; but not the 'has water flung from fingertips at his face and spontaneously dies from eletrocution' type weakness; more the 'if he unconsciously uses his powers while standing in a foot-deep puddle he'll shock the inhabitants of the puddle' type. But he barely has any control over his powers, so that makes sense, and is combined with him effectively being unable to swim or do much of anything underwater, since he can't hold his breath.Others probably have other ideas of how it works, but those are my two cents...

#155 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,676 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:13 PM

Pardon, did I miss something or you above the other staff in rank? They seem content to continue the conversation here.

They are perfectly welcome to. Over PM. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

#156 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well, I picked an... interesting... time to want to join this RPG. Uh, anyway, I have a question- are Toa of Light allowed in this game? I don't recal seeing anything against them in the rules, but nobody's made one yet. Did I miss something, or are people just not feeling like making them right now?

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal, Jan 03 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Tywin Lannister

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

Does not approve of your shenanigans

#157 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:15 PM

Xemnas: I think it's just that people don't want to yet, but I could be wrong. But; since there are Kra-Toa in the mix, I'm certain that Av-Toa would be allowed too.

#158 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,727 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:15 PM

Now, you all see Blade here? You see this post? EDIT: Not the one right above this one, the one pertaining to the argument. :P

Blade gets it. 

No one is saying that a weakness is that you have to be harmed by water. You'd be dead in a week anyway from dehydration. We're saying that the usage of lightning as an element is hindered by the presence of quantities of water.

Lev, you say it's common sense, but you did say and I quote,

--------------

You didn't say "It isn't as much of a problem", you said "isn't a valid weakness". To paraphrase.There. I'm done, as the staff seem to want to end this.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Jan 03 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

#159 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,676 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well, I picked an... interesting... time to want to join this RPG. Uh, anyway, I have a question- are Toa of Light allowed in this game? I don't recal seeing anything against them in the rules, but nobody's made one yet. Did I miss something, or are people just not feeling like making them right now?

----They are.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

#160 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:17 PM

Xemnas: I think it's just that people don't want to yet, but I could be wrong. But; since there are Kra-Toa in the mix, I'm certain that Av-Toa would be allowed too.

_ _ _

(also @KNI:) Ah, okay, thanks. Just a bit curious about that.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal, Jan 03 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Tywin Lannister

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

Does not approve of your shenanigans

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users