Loophole: Communications

Legolover-361

Someone form a criminal guild. Heck, form a handful of criminal guilds. The DoS needs something to go after, especially while Houren is gone.

I could bring back Kinksh...

It might be a bad idea. I'm not sure if having control of a criminal guild would get approved.

But since you insist.... oh, what the heck, if it's not approved I'll just blow up the time machine car thing and see where the RPG goes from there.

Name: Kinksh, the Golden HammerGender: MaleSpecies: Ta-ToaKanohi: Kanohi Kakama, the Great Mask of SpeedAppearance: Kinksh is an exceptionally tall, blue armored Toa. He has yellow plating on each of his joints that are part of his natural Toa armor, and provide no restrictions to his movements. He wears a yellow Kanohi Kakama. Over his back is draped a red roquelaure emblazed with a yellow hammer covering a white shield. A black gauntlet that he wears on his left hand.

Powers: Elemental Powers of Fire. Kinksh specializes in using his powers to absorb heat, and to the untrained eye unfamiliar with elemental powers, he seems capable of using both ice and fire, giving him almost legendary status with those under his employ.Weapons: Kinksh’s favored weapon is a golden warhammer coated by small, thin tubes. Asides from its primary use as a melee weapon, it can be used as a potent Toa tool, and can generate its own blasts of energy for Kinksh to fire. He has a metallic gauntlet on his left hand with dual functions. The first is to generate a small shield of energy to block an attack in melee that can move from two to four feet in diameter as he wills, though it drains a lot of power. The second is to take control of a sleek, black robotic cat designed to appear as a metallic Muaka with four legs, though much smaller - about three feet from the foot to the tip of its head. The cat can act independently if necessary, in which case Kinksh can see through its eyes from a pop-up holographic display that emerges from the gauntlet, or the small screen the display would emerge from, and has two small energy bolt launchers attached to its side.

Abilities: Kinksh is a highly competent fighter, and also makes use of intimidation and tricking his opponent in combat to maintain an advantage, giving him an edge in any fight. He has a strong enough strength of mind to resist (or negate) anything that would target his willpower.

Weaknesses: Kinksh has a lot more arrogance than skill (not to say that his is lacking), and is put at a disadvantage when somebody is able to overcome his constant taunts and attempts at intimidation. Further, he's so used to using his Kakama in combat that anyone able to either suppress his power or trick him into replacing his mask would face a much, much slowed down and clumsy opponent.Personality:Kinksh is extremely arrogant, and cares very little for the lives or safety of others. That is not to say that he is completely careless – if saving a life benefits him, he’s willing to go with it. Along a similar path, despite his arrogance, and belief in his own superiority, he has learned well his own personal limits, and never attempts to pass them – he knows what he can do, and would call anybody willing to risk everything on the off chance of succeeding where they might not a complete fool. Kinksh is Neutral Evil.History: (Age ~ 50,000+) Kinksh was, in the ancient past, a criminal mastermind on a small isle directly off the coast of Stelt – one of the few regions in the area where buildings could be found standing. From there, he controlled all criminal activity on the entire eastern coast of the island. He was served by his lieutenant, the Vortixx Rinnder, and two Matoran assassins named Swuiop and Thuiop. After the conclusion of the Destiny War, when Makuta began his reign, Kinksh disbanded the organization and went into hiding with his four loyalists. His organization, the Golden Hammer Syndicate, regained power years later on Spherus Magna.

Today, Kinksh is the only surviving member of his original group, the others having been lost when their base was broken into by Skrall invaders a long time back. He still maintains a hold over the newfound organization on Spherus Magna itself, however. From petty thievery to serial murder, anything falls under the command of the Syndicate, whose leader is known only as the Golden Hammer.

The Hammer is composed of at least fifty odd members. The Department of Security believes the based to be located somewhere in Olford, but it has so far been impossible to track down the elusive Golden Hammer, whose true name of Kinksh is unknown to any but himself. Every once in a while, though, somebody claims to see a strange, blue armored figure talking to a number of criminals in the middle of some city - Central City, Olford, or even Ga-Koro-Nui. Others speak of a strange, black cat that has appeared at the strangest times, only to vanish.

The Golden Hammer operates under a front; a small company known as Silver City - Civilization that is based out of a somewhat middle-of-the-road sized office in Central City, with some score people under its employ (a number of them Syndicate members), and has small stores both there and in Olford. The stores are named Silver City Computers and Civilization respectively. If it isn't obvious, they were both separate companies that merged. Silver City Computers is rather obvious with what they sell, while Civilization is a hardware store. Of all things.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Someone form a criminal guild. Heck, form a handful of criminal guilds. The DoS needs something to go after, especially while Houren is gone.

------

My character, Gorak, leads a small band of criminals to enforce his demands on certain businesses and individuals, if that's what you're looking for.

The Big Man

Name: Korindal

Species: Toa of Earth

Kanohi: Mask of Biomechanics

Appearance: Korindal is the ridiculously large and in charge crime boss of Central City. He has a very imposing frame to say the least, standing at seven feet with wide shoulders that make it difficult to squeeze through a door. He wears the biggest and most impressive-looking armor that one can buy and wears expensive clothing. He normally can be seen in a clean cut black suit with a red tie wrapped around his broad neck. It is also incredibly tight on his frame, but he still manages to make it work without seeming ridiculous. To complete this, he also wears nice black dress shoes that shine even in the dark. That’s how squeaky clean he keeps them. He has the face of a thug though, wearing a Mask of Biomechanics in the shape of a black Pakari. His eyes gleam red underneath the mask, intimidating whoever they happened to fall on.

Powers: He controls the element of earth and is full aware of the power he holds. Dirt, soil, and the ground itself all answer to his powers. His Mask of Biomechanics only adds to his formidability since he has been able to enhance his mechanical gears to their full level of movement. He’s incredibly quick for a guy his size and when he hits someone, they normally stay down. He can also slow down other beings slightly with the use of his power.

Weapons: Unusually, he wields no visible weapons. His Toa tools are in fact the large brass knuckles that he wears on his fist. He can channel his elemental energy through it and unleash elemental blasts of earth from his fists. The brass knuckles are also ridiculously hard, having been carved from diamond.

Abilities: A ridiculous amount of strength and speed as said before. He combines these assets with his boxing talent, delivering quick and fast punches to other fighters, quickly incapacitating them before they can do any damage.

Weaknesses: Strangely, he is susceptible to elemental light for reasons that are in his back story. He also has a problem facing against enemies who can attack from long-range since his abilities and elements are more suited for close combat.

Occupations: CEO if Wolfram & Hart in the day, Crime Boss at night

Personality: A twisted and power hungry man, Korindal has climbed from the bottom to the top and plans to only go further. He is incredibly selfish and greedy who will do anything to attain more power. He has no problem with murdering innocents and he has no true loyalties besides himself. Of course, that’s his personality behind the scenes. To the people of Ga-Koro Nui, Korindal appears to be a benevolent and gentle man who also happens to be a reformed criminal. This is nothing but an act, though. He puts his own men behind the bars, only for them to be released weeks later on parole. With this clean operation, he is able to maintain his guise as the city’s savior and also as a good crime boss. As one can understand, he is incredibly intelligent, not in science or math, but in street smarts. He’s very cunning and can find himself out of nearly any situation.

History: A monster of a Toa, Korindal has quickly climbed the ranks of crime and evil in no time. In the Matoran Universe, he was nothing but a Shadow Matoran and a bonafide thug who did little thinking. However, constant harassment and abuse by his lords, the Makuta, he realized that the role of thug simply wasn’t enough for him. He had to accumulate power, and then he would be on top and not at the bottom. He spent many years planning and was incredibly patient. When the Brotherhood finally fell, Korindal drained his shadow powers through the use of a Klakk. He was now just an ordinary Onu-Matoran albeit with an annoying weakness to elemental light from his previous transformation. A reformed criminal, he could blame all of his previous crimes on being controlled by the Makuta. When the universe was destroyed, he safely escaped to Bara Magna where he now had an opportunity to establish his own criminal empire. He was also strangely transformed into a Toa before this.

Taking his place in Ga-Koro Nui, Korindal set up a small law firm known as Wolfram & Hart, using his knowledge of law that he had read from ancient scrolls in the Brotherhood of Makuta’s libraries. With this knowledge and his past seemingly erased, Koridal established a foothold by hiring elite assassins and hit men to work for him. Framing his business rivals, he was able to have Wolfram & Hart make the transformation of small law firm into a multi-branch corporation. He used his corporation to take out other crime bosses and soon, he had the allegiance of half the gangs in the city. While his takeover is facing opposition, Korindal believes that he will eventually own the entire city and is interesting in moving into Mata Magna’s other city, Central City.

EDIT: Well Relapse, you got what you wanted. :P

You now have three criminal guilds.

Edited by CAPUA

character_37075_f.jpg

The main thing that makes approving your profile seem like a less than good idea is this:

Weaknesses: Like all Toa of Fire, Kinksh has low tolerance for extremely cold temperatures. He will suffocate without oxygen to his brain. He also has an incredible weakness to falling from great heights. His most exploitable weakness is that a bullet in the head will, in fact, kill him immediately. If his mask was broken, he wouldn't be able to use its powers. If he runs out of elemental energy, he can't use his powers. Beyond this, Kinksh has a lot more arrogance than skill (not to say that his is lacking), and is put at a disadvantage when somebody is able to overcome his constant taunts and attempts at intimidation.

You do, of course, realise that there is a point where things are taken too far. This is it. As funny as that may seem, it's openly being bitter towards the staff, and I don't think your profile has much chance of being approved until you edit it.

Thank you for reading.

- Vorex

Edited by Simply Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

You do, of course, realise that there is a point where things are taken too far. This is it. As funny as that may seem, it's openly being bitter towards the staff, and I don't think your profile has much chance of being approved until you edit it.

Well, LL did say he considered making everyone put the heights thing in their profile.

Seems a funny reason not to approve a profile, but I've edited it. Smile time! Don't get taken by evil muppets.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

What, Levacius, your character isn't vulnerable to stab wounds?

That won't be tolerated.

Of course not. He is, however, vulnerable to sharp weapons, organ damage, and blood loss.

Well, LL did say he considered making everyone put the heights thing in their profile.

I said I got an urge to do it. I never actually considered it. :PEveryone, please, don't put in the Weaknesses section of your profile any common sense limitations such as being susceptible to long drops or increased vulnerability to cold for beings of fire Unique strengths should be listed in your Powers and Abilities sections; unique weaknesses should be listed in your Weaknesses section. That's it.

At this point I wouldn't bat an eye if Catwomen showed up piloting a giant robot.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Everyone, please, don't put in the Weaknesses section of your profile any common sense limitations such as being susceptible to long drops or increased vulnerability to cold for beings of fire Unique strengths should be listed in your Powers and Abilities sections; unique weaknesses should be listed in your Weaknesses section. That's it.

See, this is what I've been trying to say all along.

This place is rapidly turning into Gotham.

And isn't it glorious?

EDIT: I'm making a serious, 4-real profile edit right now.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

What, Levacius, your character isn't vulnerable to stab wounds? That won't be tolerated.

Of course not. He is, however, vulnerable to sharp weapons, organ damage, and blood loss. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
----I dunno...that sounds kind of sketchy. I also noticed a suspicious lack of susceptibility to bone damage.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

At this point I wouldn't bat an eye if Catwomen showed up piloting a giant robot.

---------------------

< _<

>_>

*subtly hides profile*

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, we all know the proper way to deal with slow RPG judges is kidnapping their loved ones and making demands-not dragging mecha into another RPG! That's just low!

:P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Did someone say GIANT ROBOT? Graaavvity! You cannot stop me from making one!

[1/3/2013 1:32:43 PM] Hubertus: Can we have airships?[1/3/2013 1:33:05 PM] Elijah: hubert, no airship for you.[1/3/2013 1:33:16 PM] Hubertus: buh buh buh buh nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu[1/3/2013 1:33:18 PM] Elijah: I'll give Tyler an airship.[1/3/2013 1:33:37 PM] Hubertus: fine[1/3/2013 1:33:42 PM] Hubertus: i'll go with GIANT ROBOT.

Edited by Space Pirate

Well, here's a couple of (incredibly short) profiles I whipped up. Hopefully they're awesome enough:

First up, an oldie but a goodie:

Name: Aurax

Species: Cy-Toa (Toa of Crystal)

Kanohi: Kualsi

Appearance: Green and gold armor. Well muscled, tall.

Powers: Aurax is a Toa of Crystal, so he is able to create, manipulate, and absorb crystals.

Weapons: A protosteel one-handed warhammer and a shield.

Abilities: Knows a lot about history from working in the Matoran Universe Museum.

Weaknesses: Aurax is thick-headed and won't change a decision once he's made it.

Personality: Aurax is a nice guy, seemingly always happy

History: Aurax actually lived in Po-Koro on the island of Mata-Nui. Although he was a very different element, the Po-Matoran accepted him like a brother. Eventually, Spherus Magna was reformed, and Aurax relocated there and became a Toa. After it was built, he finally decided to work at the Matoran Universe Museum, since he loved history.

Name: Whira

Species: Kra-Toa

Kanohi: Avsa (unshapeshifted form)

Appearance: Black and grey armor, like that of a Toa of Earth. Really gorgeous. Tall, lean, nice face. Basically a guy's dream woman. Her eyes, interestingly, are bright violet instead of red, due to a surgery she had a while ago.

Powers: Whira is a Shadow Toa, so she has the ability to control and absorb shadows. She can also shadow travel.

Weapons: Protosteel hand-and-a-half sword. However, she almost never carries it around.

Abilities: Really good at hand-to-hand combat. Also knows how to manipulate people, mostly customers at the bar she works at.

Weaknesses: Weak to light energy (obviously), but also addicted to draining people's light with her Avsa. She also can't really use her element around crowds since people stereotypically characterize Kra-Toa as evil and so she would get chased by angry people.

Personality: At first glance, Whira seems really nice and charming. But don't be fooled- she's quite manipulative. Although she's manipulative, she's not evil- she's simply morally ambiguous. All she's really trying to do is drain people's light. When she does this, she generally seduces the poor victim, then while they sleep, she drains their light.

History: Whira was originally a Ga-Toa, but after the reformation of Spherus Magna, she was attacked by a rouge remnant Shadow Leech and turned into a Kra-Toa. She recently moved to the Central City to finally settle in one place, though she still loves seducing people and draining their light due to her addiction.

Well, if there's anything I should or need to change, let me know. :)

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

"My soul is wreathed in the flames of masochism."

~~~~

Name: AervakGender: Possibly MaleSpecies: GlatorianKanohi: N/AAppearance: A member of the Water Tribe, Aervak's armour consists of blues and yellows, with most of it being blue, with some yellow areas dotted in random places. His helmet is rather unusually shaped, lengthening back a decent distance and covering up his entire head, except for two slots where his eyes are.Powers: N/AWeapons: OPA-01Abilities: Aervak is a decent brawler, but most of his skill is in his piloting of his 'powered armour', which he can control with nearly the ease he controls his body.Weaknesses: His 'powered armour' is rather large, and is slow as well, making it very easy to hit.Occupations: Test PilotPersonality: Aervak runs on the power of sarcasm, always having something to say about everything around him. He has a rather subdued view on how life will turn out, believing it to be rather boring and unfulfilling. Yet he will do his duty as ordered, for there really isn't anything else for him.History: A former vehicle fighter in the gladiatorial fights on Bara Magna, Aervak was left with no purpose after the reformation of the planet, and spent most of his time wandering around, doing odd jobs and the like. On one these wanderings, he decided to sign up as a test pilot for the developing Olford Science Facility, which was trying to develop weapons to deter the Skrall, and to this day, continues helping said facility develop better weapons, and at times also helps fight off the invading enemies.

Name: OPA-01 (AKA "Successful Test Subject" or "Big Armoured Thing")

Appearance: Modelled off a fusion of the Thornatus and Exo-Toa, the OPA-01 is a symbol of the unity between the Agori and Matoran and their attempts at killing their shared enemies in many different ways. It stands at approximately ten metres in height, and possesses several hatches on its body, where weaponry is stored. It lacks colour, staying a dull silver, because the Olford Science Facility ran out of money before it could buy paint. The head seems rather tacked on, especially when it looks like a giant metal Skrall head, created by some drunk scientists who felt like doing stupid things.

Armaments:

- Giant Gladius

- Thornax Launcher x 4

- Nynrah Ghost Blaster x 4

- Rocket Fists x 2

Edited by Space Pirate

oh you've got to be kidding me

okay, there are exo-toa, but...

lighten up on the weapons, bro, for one. Add a few more weaknesses to the mech, etc.

And then maaaaaaaaaybe.

Maybe.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

oh you've got to be kidding me

okay, there are exo-toa, but...

lighten up on the weapons, bro, for one. Add a few more weaknesses to the mech, etc.

And then maaaaaaaaaybe.

Maybe.

~~~

But... he doesn't have any powers of any kind. Anyone with metal or electrical or fire or magnetism or gravity or water or shadow or light or plasma or fire powers could match it easily.

Well I hope that your (totally not a) Mecha has some way to get them back after it shoots it's hands at some unfriendly personage.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1