Scrap Sensei

8333923384_8c678782a3_n.jpg

Brickshelf

"Although his real function and purpose is long forgotten, he remembers the robotic war over planet JNK-6 like it was yesterday. Now he stays within the remains of the planet teaching older and new robots what it takes to adapt and survive in this difficult environment.”
First MOC of the new year, the MOC started with the head which was finished as first, I liked the looks of the head so much that I had to finish it. It has been a while since I posted anything here (Paleo reminded me of that) so..

C&C appreciated.

I had a signature once

it's gone now

This thing is beautiful. The playset arm pieces around the head really make a brilliant effect. I also like the use of tread links all over it, I had no idea those were available in brown. The chains and pohatu nuvas mask in the middle make an amazing looking torso. The use of brown overall is impressive, parts in that colour aren't all that common (Though I'm starting to think I was misinformed on that point :P). My favourite bit of this is the staff. I've always loved those minifig samurai sword pieces, and topping each off with a gem piece looks brilliant. The whole staff comes together to look like one whole piece, and its perfect.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I agree with Paleo, it has been far too long since you've posted a MOC here, Sparky! :D I'm surprised that this topic hasn't gotten more replies, since the MOC is one of your most original creations yet.First of all, I really like the staff -- the samurai swords around the green gem look stylish yet deadly. (Although I must ask, what is a broom doing on the bottom part of the staff? :P) As far as the Sensei himself, he really captures the look of a robotic martial arts master. The head is brilliant with the hat, brown tread dreadlocks, the row of brown Exo-Force robot limbs, and those beady jewel eyes. For the body, I'm amazed at how well the Pohatu Nuva mask works to cover up his chest, and with the tube and chains around it, you even managed to camouflage its face! I also am a fan of how you constructed his limbs -- gangly upper arms and legs with a hint of brown there, above lower limbs covered in the brown tank treads. It's quirky and very mechanical in appearance, which is good. Speaking of which, those blocky three-toed feet complete that effect well.~B~