Serpentine: The sixth Chima tribe

Ptah

Truth to tell, I'm not drooling over the Chima sets. That usually comes after I see the story either online or on the screen.

What i learned so far is the Chima has 5 tribes: Lion, Wolf, Croc, Eagle and Raven. But that isn't the only animal/man minifigs Lego has produced. Thanks to Ninjago's Serpentine wave, we a long lost Snake tribe ready to join the fight. Even better, the Fangpyre sets also have machine and vehicles.

This is the perfect time too, because many of these sets are heading for the discount bin to clear shelf space for the Chima sets. So now is the time to create a Chima tribe out of the Ninjago sets.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

There are 8 tribes. In addition to the five in this winter wave, the gorillas, rhinos and bears are also apparently being featured in Chima.I'm not sure how the Ninjago snakes would fit with the rest of the Chima universe. They look considerably different from the Chima minifigures, and they lack the distinctive traits that make them Chima, like the printing of chi orbs on all their torsos, the ability to wear the chi-holding armor, and the whole "real head over minifigure one" aesthetic.I like the Serpentine, but I say nah to putting them with my Chima figs.

AXKP5KC.png

There are 8 tribes. In addition to the five in this winter wave, the gorillas, rhinos and bears are also apparently being featured in Chima.

Whoa, wait, what? Bears and rhinos are confirmed? That's pretty cool. I wonder which side they'll each take.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There are 8 tribes. In addition to the five in this winter wave, the gorillas, rhinos and bears are also apparently being featured in Chima.

Whoa, wait, what? Bears and rhinos are confirmed? That's pretty cool. I wonder which side they'll each take.

Yep. The bears appear to be allied with the lions (a video shows Cragger beating one up) and the rhinos with the crocs (they're seen with Worriz). Which is keeping consistent with Ugly Animals=Bad, Cute/Cool Animals=Good.Either way, discussion of this (both the Serpentine in Chima and confirmation fo the two new tribes) seems more fit for the main Chima thread.

AXKP5KC.png

I just checked out the new content on Lego's site. Color me an embarrassing shade of beet red. Their stuff was probably live when I started this topic.

Yep, Lego made this thread irrelevant. (Curse you, Perry the Lego-pus!). If any Administrator wants to close it. I'd appreciate it.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Ya know, the serpentine and Chima hybrids are not the first human/animal hybrid figs. Think Atlantis. Could have similar origins, perhaps the Ancients also had access to a supply of chi (according to one of the online games they also had an Olmak). On a side note, I really don't like how Lego has decided to portray the wolves. I've always thought oh them as rather Nobel. And no king? Wolves do have pack leaders don't they?

Yep. The bears appear to be allied with the lions (a video shows Cragger beating one up) and the rhinos with the crocs (they're seen with Worriz). Which is keeping consistent with Ugly Animals=Bad, Cute/Cool Animals=Good.Either way, discussion of this (both the Serpentine in Chima and confirmation fo the two new tribes) seems more fit for the main Chima thread.

Wrong. If all the cute and/or cool animals were good, the Wolves would be aligned with the Lions. Just saying.

toatanusignature.png

Wrong. If all the cute and/or cool animals were good, the Wolves would be aligned with the Lions. Just saying.

Is it wrong that I find wolves cuddly, crocs and ravens cool, and lions and eagles boring and stereotypical?

back on topic... the snakes would certainly fit in if you made some modifications such as adding the "chi plate" armor.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Is it wrong that I find wolves cuddly, crocs and ravens cool, and lions and eagles boring and stereotypical? back on topic... the snakes would certainly fit in if you made some modifications such as adding the "chi plate" armor.

No. It's just that LEGO is playing off animal archetypes, where for example lions=noble, wolves=savage beasts. I find all the 'bad' animals (save for rhinos and wolves, I prefer gorillas and eagles at least the way LEGO is portraying them) cooler myself.And. you can't put that armor on several of the serpentine, because head tails.

AXKP5KC.png