Set Review: 44002 Rocka

44002_ROCKA_teaser.jpg It's time to start off the new year with some new reviews! Forum Mentor Gatanui picked up some of the 2013 Hero Factory sets, and today has decided to share his thoughts on 44002 Rocka, the upgraded version of the character from past years. Will he help you hold back the brain attack? Read on to find out. http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5904]View the full article[/url]

The shield makes me think of the old Kopaka sets. That alone is enough to make me want to get him. The gold and torso armor design are just extras. ^^

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

That megablocking Amazon link? Why is it even there????? > :(Anyway, are you doing Scarox's review still? Because unless I buy the whole wave or Scarox is good, I won't get Rocka.

I'm writing a Scarox review, yes.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm quite fond of Rocka. He's got a great, simple design that I think really exemplifies the basic qualities that define this wave's sets. His color scheme is well-organized, his weapons look cool (his shield isn't as plain as Bulk's, thankfully), and his helmet evokes the look of his Breakout helmet quite nicely.

The new head is a bit of an enigma, and I look forward to seeing photos of it with various masks/helmets. Overall I'm going to miss the Glatorian head, but I'm not going to miss its fragile Y-joint, and I recognize how the new head may turn out more versatile in the long run.

The back is a bit disappointing, but I can see how it would have been hard to do anything bulkier or more elaborate at this price point. It shouldn't be too difficult to mod, either. Still, I do hope that someday there is an ideal solution to the empty-back problem, since many of the techniques we've seen in sets seem rudimentary at best.

Thanks for the review. I'm considering one of this new wave for scrap pieces, so I am looking forward to the opinions on the rest of the wave.

As to the "put it on your back" function, the Toa Nuva (2003 for the new people) put their tools on their backs in the bohrok-kal animations. I think that Tahu and Kopaka did in the MNOLG also. So did the McToran and... I've made my point.

He looks pretty good. Can't wait for him and the rest of his wave to arrive here.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

That megablocking Amazon link? Why is it even there????? > :(

BZPower is not free to run. If you use the links in our reviews and buy from Amazon, we get a portion of the sale which goes to help support the site.
Why don't you make an Amazon button next to the talkback and read more?

DevBannerwithInterests.png

> There could have been more clever ways to fix it, though I'm not sure the price point would have allowed it.a 2.0 hero foot, two black friction pins, and a ball joint. would cause the shield to jut out from the back a little more and be raised a couple spaces, but it would be balanced by the overall filled out back.anyway dude i am so super pumped to get one of those new heads yo! they kinda remind me of the inika heads except like 2380573057% betteralso, only semi-related, those new brains kinda remind me of the kraata, which makes me even more excited for this new wave :wub:

bionicle is trans culture

I'm going to try to grab at least one of the heroes for the new head, chest and overall cool new stuff they contain. Probably Rocca for his shiny goldness.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...