• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lego Mindstorms EV3 Announced

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,200 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 12:56 PM

The next generation of Mindstorms robotics has just been announced, and with a major upgrade to the hardware, it looks ready to rule the world with a glowing red eye. Unlike previous versions which had limited bluetooth compatability, this comes ready to use with iPhone or Android devices directly out of the package. It's also promised to be more friendly to those who would rather program it directly, with USB and SD card ports to interact with the new Linux-based firmware. It's expected to be released in the latter half of this year with a price tag of around $350 USD. You can see the full press release and pictures here.

View the full article

#2 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,935 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 04:19 PM

[color=#990000;]Aaaaawesome. This thing looks extremely cool, and I imagine it's state-of-the-art. I hope I'll be able to have a try at these sometime in the near future! :)[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#3 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,727 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 04:39 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Now that is cool. It's about time they made a new Mindstorms unit. I'm liking the use of the HF blades as spines or a mohawk. :lol:[/color][/font]

BIONICLE HITMAN XI: WORLDSHAKER
Experience the third game of the Codebreaker/Corpsetaker trilogy!
Click the link above to check it out! Signups are now open!

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#4 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 04:47 PM

As I have an iPad (I'm on it right now!), I really want to try it out! The colour scheme looks great, and so do the models!

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#5 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 584 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 06:40 PM

All I can say is

Evil Robots!   :evilbiggrin:

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

#6 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 09:13 PM

That first picture looked a little like a robotic chicken. Who in lego would create this fowl creation. (insert I made pun here). I must agree that that mohawk looks pretty awesome and the unit itself looks snazzy and hi-tech. State of the art. Definitely something that I want but will never be able to get.

~Soran

#7 Offline Cratak

Cratak
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wow. This is much more high tech than 2.0. I like the color scheme too, it kind of vamps up the intensity. I'm also surprised at the price; I was expecting it to be $400.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

#8 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,539 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 11:32 PM

Now that looks hi-tech. I like the use of the HF blades.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#9 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,560 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 12:28 PM

Finally! :D

I'll try to save up enough money (difficult) for a set but anyways, I am glad to see the new Mindstorms generation.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#10 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 04:58 PM

:D

I'm glad to see the NXT gets more buttons... Finally enough to program a video game on it! Lego Tetris, anyone? The motors look blockier, meaning that the irregular shape will be less of a problem. That ultrasonic sensor though... Awesome!

Edited by Dralcax, Jan 09 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users