Lego Mindstorms EV3 Announced

The next generation of Mindstorms robotics has just been announced, and with a major upgrade to the hardware, it looks ready to rule the world with a glowing red eye. Unlike previous versions which had limited bluetooth compatability, this comes ready to use with iPhone or Android devices directly out of the package. It's also promised to be more friendly to those who would rather program it directly, with USB and SD card ports to interact with the new Linux-based firmware. It's expected to be released in the latter half of this year with a price tag of around $350 USD. You can see the full press release and pictures here.

View the full article

That first picture looked a little like a robotic chicken. Who in lego would create this fowl creation. (insert I made pun here). I must agree that that mohawk looks pretty awesome and the unit itself looks snazzy and hi-tech. State of the art. Definitely something that I want but will never be able to get.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

:D

I'm glad to see the NXT gets more buttons... Finally enough to program a video game on it! Lego Tetris, anyone? The motors look blockier, meaning that the irregular shape will be less of a problem. That ultrasonic sensor though... Awesome!

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png