• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

LEGO Marvel Videogame Announced

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:00 PM

Today LEGO, Marvel, TT Games, and Warner Bros. Interactive announced the next in the the LEGO videogame series - LEGO Marvel Superheroes. You can read the full press release on LEGO.com, but the gist is that there will be over one hundred characters from the X-Men to the Avengers to the Fantastic Four and beyond, all with their own abilities, fighting against Loki, Galactus, and plenty of other villains. It sounds like it will be a great addition to the franchise and I look forward to finding out more between now and its release this fall!

View the full article

#2 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:47 PM

3... 2... 1...

WHOO-HOO!!!

Lego Avengers here we come!

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time, Jan 12 2013 - 08:14 PM.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#3 Offline .:Yio:.

.:Yio:.
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 05-July 07
  • 649 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 03:55 AM

Wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT!  WARNER BROS, the owners of DC UNIVERSE is making a video game for MARVEL which is a DISNEY owned franchise. What on earth???But besides from that.... YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear about this, can't wait to start smashing bricks with minifigure Deadpool :D

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

#4 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 02-August 01
  • 12,289 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 05:50 AM

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is publishing the game that TT Games is developing, just like they've done for pretty much every other LEGO and TT videogame.

#5 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 06-April 10
  • 1,666 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:33 AM

This could be a very very very good game, or a very very very terrible game. TT just needs to get this right.

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:27 AM

This could be a very very very good game, or a very very very terrible game. TT just needs to get this right.

I don't think it'll be terrible. Most Lego games by TT Games have been middling at worst, even ones that broke the mold like Lego Battles or Bionicle Heroes. And since this is probably not going to stray far from the formula they established in Lego Star Wars and have refined since then in other games, I can't see it being much worse than those.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:12 AM

I guessed that before too long, this was going to happen. Although, considering the route they went with DC, naming it LEGO Batman 2, I wonder what they're going to name this one. LEGO Avengers? LEGO X-Men? LEGO Avengers vs. X-Men?

#8 Offline Haxorus

Haxorus
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-August 07
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:35 AM

I hope that the setting which they choose are good

Haxorus, the Axe Jaw Pokémon. Haxorus is known for it's scythe-like tusks protruding from it's upper jaw. They are known to be friendly, but will be aggressive and territorial if needed.

"I hate myself. But, maybe, maybe I could love myself. Maybe, my life can have a greater value. That's right!. I am no more or less than myself. I am me! I want to be myself! I want to continue existing in this world! My life is worth living here!"

-Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

#9 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 13-October 12
  • 732 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:59 AM

First SW ,then DC and now Marvel. I don't going to lie it a awesome idea but mostly the only thing i don't like that lego is not making there own game. We only see 1 game that is there own. Like in 1997 there was lego island that was there own game and other from 1997 to 2005 but in 2006 they stop making there own game now. I just starting to get a little sick of lego not making there own game and same with the game play.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#10 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 09-April 10
  • 5,395 posts

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 11:10 AM

This sounds like a really cool game. I can't wait to see what stories from the comics and/or movies it recreates in Lego scenes.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#11 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 15-February 09
  • 480 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 11:20 AM

Wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT!  WARNER BROS, the owners of DC UNIVERSE is making a video game for MARVEL which is a DISNEY owned franchise. What on earth???But besides from that.... YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear about this, can't wait to start smashing bricks with minifigure Deadpool :D

Wah!? Warner Bros. ??? I thought they were rivals!!

MARVEL OWNED BY DISNEY!?!!? *faints*

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#12 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 12:29 PM

First SW ,then DC and now Marvel. I don't going to lie it a awesome idea but mostly the only thing i don't like that lego is not making there own game. We only see 1 game that is there own. Like in 1997 there was lego island that was there own game and other from 1997 to 2005 but in 2006 they stop making there own game now. I just starting to get a little sick of lego not making there own game and same with the game play.

Actually...

And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.

Edited by LewaLew, Jan 09 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#13 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 06-April 10
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 02:40 PM

You didn't know that? Disney bought Marvel a few years back. And they just bought Star Wars, too.

#14 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 04:07 PM

This is like....Franchiseception on the fourth level! We need to go deeper and have Marvel buy Hasbro and then make MLP comic books! :o

iwRQGDg.jpg

#15 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,072 posts

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm definitely getting this. I've missed out on quite a few LEGO games by TT, but this one is a must-have. I'll most likely get it on PC, like I got LEGO Lord of the Rings.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#16 Offline .:Yio:.

.:Yio:.
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 05-July 07
  • 649 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 05:17 PM

This is like....Franchiseception on the fourth level! We need to go deeper and have Marvel buy Hasbro and then make MLP comic books! :o

Seriously? You guys didn't know? Just saying it has been a few years now :PAnd buying Hasbro would be a very bad idea because that would mean no Marvel at LEGO (mind if two rival companies can still put there differences aside to make a videogame as seen here, who knows).

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

#17 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-September 09
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:52 PM

That is great to hear! I wonder how will Galactus look like in Lego form?
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#18 Offline ToaDraco

ToaDraco
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 26-December 07
  • 797 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:15 PM

All I can say is... YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for YEARS!!! I really hope Ghost Rider will be a playable character. I would absolutely LOVE IT if they put Ghost Rider and his bike in a LEGO set, maybe one that includes the likes of Blade and/or Dr. Strange! ;)

Edited by Pyrokinetic, Jan 09 2013 - 10:16 PM.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg

#19 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 24-August 06
  • 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 12:20 AM

Am I the only one thinking "LEGO Marvel Ultimate Alliance"? :PNo but really, I'm actually pretty excited for this.But if Venom isn't a playable character, despite everything, I will shoot somebody.

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

#20 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,131 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 02:15 PM

I guessed that before too long, this was going to happen. Although, considering the route they went with DC, naming it LEGO Batman 2, I wonder what they're going to name this one. LEGO Avengers? LEGO X-Men? LEGO Avengers vs. X-Men?
[color=#990000;]It's going to be called LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, as the articles states.[/color]

Actually... And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.  

[color=#990000;]Not to forget LEGO City Undercover coming for the Wii U this year and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, if that counts.This sounds like a lot of fun. I hope they are going to release a demo (where you can play at least as Iron Man :D).[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

Edited by Gatanui, Jan 10 2013 - 02:16 PM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#21 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 04:16 PM

I actually doubt this is going to sell good in Europe, we're not really into comics here.

I'm back!

#22 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,131 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 04:21 PM

I actually doubt this is going to sell good in Europe, we're not really into comics here.
[color=#990000;]I think you're quite wrong about that. Super Heroes are popular enough here as well.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#23 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ah true but you're living in Germany I think, Belgium is quite the border of the cool stuff like superheroes and even Lego, the more you pass Belgium the less you'll see them, It's really sad in Belgium whe had one official lego store, but that closed around six years ago and the same counts for superheroes, I could be mistaken though.

I'm back!

#24 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,131 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ah true but you're living in Germany I think, Belgium is quite the border of the cool stuff like superheroes and even Lego, the more you pass Belgium the less you'll see them, It's really sad in Belgium whe had one official lego store, but that closed around six years ago and the same counts for superheroes, I could be mistaken though.
[color=#990000;]Germany is a much larger market than Belgium, so obviously it's going to have a larger sales impact. I can't really judge the popularity of super hero comics in your country, though. On an off-topic note, however, Belgium has been the main cradle of European comic in the past century. Think of Tintin. ^_^ Franco-Belgian comics are entirely different from American comics, though.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#25 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 05:43 PM

But also the other countries behind Belgium are almost super-hero free. I'm referring to French and Spain mostly. But of course the mayor market lies in the US and I guess there're enough people who whill buy this altough I'm personally gonna skip this one, I'll just wait for a lego hobbit game to come out. I hope this game will be like the Lord of the Rings one, a fusion between movie and game, whith Gimly throwing function :)Off Topic answer: Belgium has three langues: Dutch, French and German. The German part is never mentioned and is totally uninportant, the French part, which has almost all the famous persons Belium ever had. And you have the Dutch part, which I love the most because they at least are a little know and they have Lego!

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 10 2013 - 05:47 PM.

I'm back!

#26 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 05:53 PM

Seriously? You guys didn't know? Just saying it has been a few years now :PAnd buying Hasbro would be a very bad idea because that would mean no Marvel at LEGO (mind if two rival companies can still put there differences aside to make a videogame as seen here, who knows).

Yeah, I've known since it happened... :P

iwRQGDg.jpg

#27 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-September 08
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 07:40 PM

I can't wait for this! It looks like it's going to be great!

#28 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 13-October 12
  • 732 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 12:02 AM

Actually...

And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.

Oh ya i forgot about those ,i think i should of just say the PC ,Xbox and PS3 games.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#29 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 08:27 AM

Actually...

If you're referring to who actually made the game, all of those games mentioned were made by Traveller's Tales (now TT Games). But I can't see why anyone would want to go back. True, games like Lego Island, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team were okay for their time. They were also riddled with bugs, and have certainly not aged well. Compared to that, Lego Star Wars was a breath of fresh air when it was released in 2005. While it's true that most of the games by TT Games have similar gameplay and focus on licensed themes, some like Lego Battles have been completely original, and Lego City: Undercover could be the start of a focus on some of Lego's own brands.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

#30 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 12:04 PM

Actually...

If you're referring to who actually made the game, all of those games mentioned were made by Traveller's Tales (now TT Games). But I can't see why anyone would want to go back. True, games like Lego Island, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team were okay for their time. They were also riddled with bugs, and have certainly not aged well. Compared to that, Lego Star Wars was a breath of fresh air when it was released in 2005. While it's true that most of the games by TT Games have similar gameplay and focus on licensed themes, some like Lego Battles have been completely original, and Lego City: Undercover could be the start of a focus on some of Lego's own brands.

Alpha Team wasn't really buggy for the systems it was made for. It just had trouble with later systems that were made to be back compatible, and the second two LEGO Island games are still two of my favorites.

The videogames today all follow a specific formula, so  I can see why someone might want to go back, but it looks like LEGO City: Undercover may be breaking the mold for LEGO home console games.

#31 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 02:32 PM

Actually...

Alpha Team wasn't really buggy for the systems it was made for. It just had trouble with later systems that were made to be back compatible, and the second two LEGO Island games are still two of my favorites.

The videogames today all follow a specific formula, so  I can see why someone might want to go back, but it looks like LEGO City: Undercover may be breaking the mold for LEGO home console games.

Don't get me wrong; I personally would love to see Lego games of other genres. But technically, we do see them, in the form of mobile and online games. But I don't know if I'd pay today's console game prices on games with as many flaws as some of those earlier Lego games. And TT Games has pretty consistently delivered polished games. So if we were to get a new Lego Racers or similar game, I'd rather if they were the ones behind it given their experience. And part of that also has to do with the fact that contracting out games and other non-brick products to other companies instead of developing them in-house was one of the changes that allowed for Lego's resurgence from their struggles in the early 2000s.

#32 Guest_AsianHacks_*

Guest_AsianHacks_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yes!!!

I've been waiting for this since the avengers movie!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users