Mimic's 'Missing' Partner

Gaw

Greetings people. I was going over BS01 and I ran into something that bugged me: Mimic, a Dark Hunter.

It is stated that he was persuaded to join the Dark Hunters only because TSO told him the Dark Hunters would aid him in his quest to find his missing partner (for the whole back story, visit his page), while she was, in fact, being held captive in a dungeon in the island of Odina. After The Second Great Cataclysm (can I even call it that? It seems fitting), Teridax's body became uninhabitable, and everyone was forced to emigrate to Spherus Magna, but you guys are smart so you probably already know that.

Now what do you think happened to Mimic's partner? Could the Hunters have carried her out without Mimic noticing, or was she abandoned in that dungeon, possibly killed? And would they have also carried Toa Varian out since he was being held as a trophy?

Would Mimic still work for the Dark Hunters once he arrived in Spherus Magna, finding that he would not have a reason to remain loyal?

... Could other beings still be trapped like Varian and Mimic's partner? Sorry, these ideas just keep coming while I type.

So yeah, let's hear it.

My guess? That partner's long dead.

Mimic probably would still work for the Dark Hunters. Anyone who didn't meet the extremely high-moral standards of the Toa/Glatorian society is pretty much banished because, hey, the Glatorian don't need no troublemakers. And anyone banished is probably either gonna end up dead or with the Hunters.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Greetings people. I was going over BS01 and I ran into something that bugged me: Mimic, a Dark Hunter.

It is stated that he was persuaded to join the Dark Hunters only because TSO told him the Dark Hunters would aid him in his quest to find his missing partner (for the whole back story, visit his page), while she was, in fact, being held captive in a dungeon in the island of Odina. After The Second Great Cataclysm (can I even call it that? It seems fitting), Teridax's body became uninhabitable, and everyone was forced to emigrate to Spherus Magna, but you guys are smart so you probably already know that.

Now what do you think happened to Mimic's partner? Could the Hunters have carried her out without Mimic noticing, or was she abandoned in that dungeon, possibly killed? And would they have also carried Toa Varian out since he was being held as a trophy?

Would Mimic still work for the Dark Hunters once he arrived in Spherus Magna, finding that he would not have a reason to remain loyal?

... Could other beings still be trapped like Varian and Mimic's partner? Sorry, these ideas just keep coming while I type.

So yeah, let's hear it.

As far as Mimics partner is concerned, I believe there are a few different possibilities as to what happened.

Case 1: Pre MUpocalypse Death.

Chances are that the Shadowed one had Mimic's partner killed long ago before the MU was destroyed or she simply died from torture, being killed by another dark hunter or Killed by the Rahkshi upon their takeover of the island.

Case 2: Death in the MUpocalypse (Odina).

Fairly straight forward, she died in the impact or in the following days whilst being unable to escape from the dungeon cells of Odina.

Case 3: Death in the MUpocalypse (Xia).

Same as the previous, though prior to the MUPocalypse, TSO had her moved to Xia when the Dark hunters changed bases.

Case 4: Escape from Odina.

When the Rahkshi took over Odina, It's possible that she escaped or was freed somehow. Being free, she probably made her way out of the MU with the rest of the surivovrs.Case 5:Escape from Xia.

Either during the MUpocalypse or in the evacuation, She was freed and escaped to the surface.

Case 6:Still a prisoner.

She was taken as a prisoner to the surface during the evacuation and is still in the custody of the DH's.

Case 7: Trapped in the MU

Somehow still alive and trapped inside the Matoran Universe, possibly with Varian.

To be honest, I'd say Case's 1, 2 and 3 are most likely and whatever happened to her probably happened to Varian too.

I'd also presume that Mimic would stay with the DH's due to the protection in numbers that comes with being a part of an organization on a strange new world. Striking out on your own probably wouldn't get him very far. Especially seeing The other MUhabitants have predetirmined bias against him and are likely to spread these to the locals.

-Roki

sigflower4.png

If she was killed and her body was preserved, she could be in the Red Star. Even that doesn't help much though because we know the Kestora have been murdering revived people in the Star, so she could still be dead anyways. If her wasn't perserved, she's long dead and gone.

Of course, she could just be trapped in the MU and unable to escape, which would eventually lead to her death as well.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I think some prisoners would've been freed by Teridax's attack on Odina and then gone unnoticed, and then gone on and freed everyone else that survived, likely including Toa Varian. However Teridax wouldn't've seen them as a threat, and so left them alone in the siege, as his targets were the Dark Hunters, not their prisoners.

Maybe not too plausible, but it's a nice thought.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Well first Varian is a female, no "he".

Second, the Dark Hunters were disbanded after Teridax' takeover and the dissapearance of TSO, from then on, they helped the Toa so, like in the Kingdom, I suggest the hunters were gladly accepted into the communuty. I suggest some Dark hunter must have freed both while evacuating Odina, they were bad, but not that they would spill possible allies.

I'm back!

You know, that's a really good story idea. I'm already thinking about it.

I was thinking that they would have been killed off either by Dark Hunters at one point, or in the attack on Odina, or the "Second Great Cataclysm," but as I started thinking about it, I realized that might not be the case.

1. Varian was supposed to be the Shadowed One's trophy, showing he's more powerful than any Toa, and depending on how valued she was, she could have been transferred to Xia. She could also have been meant to be taken, but the Dark Hunters got there too late, and she was freed or killed (the former is what I'm thinking of for a story :D)

2. Dual Matrix had a good point, that we've seen Guardian working alongside Tahu during Reign of Shadows, so it's possible that after TSO left, someone could have freed them. Perhaps Mimic found his friend at last, and the two had a touching reunion deep within the fortress of Odina.

3. I'm pretty sure, knowing how Dark Hunters are, that they were probably more worried about not getting crushed, disintegrated, blasted, etc. during the attack on Odina and "Second Great Cataclysm" than silly things like security, and possibly they escaped then.

So, who knows? Ask Greg!

Second, the Dark Hunters were disbanded after Teridax' takeover and the dissapearance of TSO, from then on, they helped the Toa so, like in the Kingdom, I suggest the hunters were gladly accepted into the communuty. I suggest some Dark hunter must have freed both while evacuating Odina, they were bad, but not that they would spill possible allies.

They wouldn't be gladly accepted, they were murderers and thieves that have been working against them for a long time. Just coming together to face a common, all powerful threat is a loose alliance that was most likely broken after Teridax died.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

They wouldn't be gladly accepted, they were murderers and thieves that have been working against them for a long time. Just coming together to face a common, all powerful threat is a loose alliance that was most likely broken after Teridax died.

The Toa/Matoran/Good guys made an alliance with the Skakdi and Dark Hunters in the Kingdom Universe, where the Hunters functioned as law enforcement. That's an extraordinary case, but it has happened in other universes.

-TN05

The Toa/Matoran/Good guys made an alliance with the Skakdi and Dark Hunters in the Kingdom Universe, where the Hunters functioned as law enforcement. That's an extraordinary case, but it has happened in other universes.

-TN05

Yep and since Spherus Magna still has many dangers left Robo-Dinos, Skadiis, Remaining Rahksii and Visorak,Marendar, Mad GB, ...

I should think these circumstances are enough too stick together and become ally-friends.

I'm back!

I wouldn't be surprised if some former Dark Hunters remained allies of the Toa. But remember the Shadowed One is forming a new organization, and the Barraki are also out there. I'm not sure what Mimic will do, but not everyone from the MU is going to get along.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Here's a few things to keep in mind here, but I wasn't sure so I tried to look for it on BS01 -- that the DH do not allow you to leave, ever.

Under "known actions", there is this:

Forcing members to join their organization.

If they're willing to do that, they're willing to force them to remain in the organization too.

Under the known members:

Eliminator, a Dark Hunter that eliminates other Dark Hunters who have failed in their missions.

So, not entirely sure, but I think it's "once a Dark Hunter, always a Dark Hunter... or else."

Of course, SM is a big world and there's also such a thing as a war in which one side wants to kill the other but won't necessarily succeed. Still.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Here's a few things to keep in mind here, but I wasn't sure so I tried to look for it on BS01 -- that the DH do not allow you to leave, ever.

Under "known actions", there is this:

Forcing members to join their organization.

If they're willing to do that, they're willing to force them to remain in the organization too.

Under the known members:

Eliminator, a Dark Hunter that eliminates other Dark Hunters who have failed in their missions.

So, not entirely sure, but I think it's "once a Dark Hunter, always a Dark Hunter... or else."

Of course, SM is a big world and there's also such a thing as a war in which one side wants to kill the other but won't necessarily succeed. Still.

Just want to say that once mr TSO dissapeared I'd guess this rule stopped working.

I'm back!

During Teridax's reign and the migration to Spherus Magna, they probably couldn't enforce that much. Also, the Destiny War serial said this about Pridak upon his release from the Pit:

"From the worst holes in the Universe, he had found ex-Dark Hunters, exiled Vortixx, even a Skakdi or two for his crews."

So even before Teridax's reign, the Dark Hunters weren't hunting down all deserters from their organization.

Speaking of which, should BS01 be updated with the information that the Dark Hunters are disbanded and the Shadowed One is starting a new organization?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery