• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Core Hunter Revamp

Hero Factory Remake

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 21-February 07
  • 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:19 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Posted Image[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Yeah, it's not incredibly complex. It's essentially a modified version of the torso I use for humanoid creations. The legs and arms are made from[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]scratch as well. I really liked the solid look and feel the original set model had, and I wanted to expand upon that a bit without making it bulky and cumbersome. At first I went with a sleeker design for the arms - a design without the shoulder pads and the connection from the body to the rest of the arm being closer together - but it seemed to be missing something, so I went with this instead. Unfortunately that took away some of the posability, but I think it looks good. I also wanted to go for a kind of limb-swapping thing, with various weapons, spider legs, wheels, etc., but after some time it just seemed a bit too involved for a character that apparantly isn't in the story. :D[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Some inspiration for this came from Samus from the Metroid Series, Dyson from the TV series TRON: Uprising ([shameless plug]which is an incredibly well-written, well-[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]designed show and is also incredibly underviewed [/shameless plug]), and Lockdown from Transformers: Animated. [/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Front[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Left[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Back[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Right[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Launcher Close-up[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]"Alas, poor Hero, I knew him briefly!"[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Two Hands, No Weapons[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]He Wants YOU![/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks for look and please post your thoughts. :)[/font]

#2 Offline The Forgotten Wonder

The Forgotten Wonder
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:54 PM

Looks nice, like the blaster especially.

picsart_1423812255637.jpg

(Cancelled until more pics are actually taken)

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Cratak

Cratak
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-March 12
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:47 PM

Overall, this looks very nice. The torso seems somewhat ingenious on your part. I'll give it a 10/10. :)

Also, as a side note, I believe that Core Hunter had almost an entire book dedicated to him.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

#4 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 13-February 09
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 05:52 AM

His midsection looks a wee bit too thin but everything else is super-duper! I've actually considered making a revamp of him as well but alas; time has failed me :( I spent the entire vacation playing Assassin's Creed III and I think it's going to reflect on my grades this semester :PMy carelessness aside, great MOC! :tohu:

#5 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members

• 21-February 07
  • 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:47 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks The Forgotten One. :) I really wanted to give it more mobility compared to the original set, as well as give it more length and solidity.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks Cratak. :) I guess that's what I get for not really looking into the story. :P I'm glad you like the torso; that was actually probably the most difficult part because I wanted to try to keep the proportions correct. I just wish that the Hordika neck pieces came in black instead of just gray.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks DARKSIDERZ. :) Yeah, it's just a little too thin in the mid section for my liking, but unfortunately I don't know if there is really any way to flesh it out just a little more because of the construction.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Oh, and it's great to just play video games during break, that's what I mostly did. That, and build this; I just worked a little on it each day. :P[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks again guys. :)[/font]

Edited by Zorrakh, Jan 12 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#6 Offline Shadow FF

Shadow FF
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,038 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 03:54 PM

Looks really good. I like the build of the Hero Core Remover and the blaster. The torso also looks great although it's a bit too thin on the middle part. Other than that, awesome job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Just call me FF or Veigar no matter my current username.

"I wish... you taken my hand... and no one ever found that 

teapot in the first place..."

~ Jay, Ninjago

#7 Guest_pikmin73_*

Guest_pikmin73_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:56 PM

This looks great!  His body has almost the same design as for my revamps of the toa mata.  I also love the blaster design.  Great job!

#8 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members

• 21-February 07
  • 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2013 - 10:51 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks Spiritmaster Veigar. :) Yeah, the torso is a little thin in the middle. You know, though, after giving it some thought, I kind of like how it's just a little thin; not too much, of course, but it gives off a muscular feel to the rest of the torso. With the wider arms and thinner waist, then, it has a nice overall shape to it. I'm not justifying it, but I like it. :P[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks pikmin 73. :) I've used this kind of basic torso design a bit longer than I should, but it allows for quite a bit of adaptability, which I like. In a way it's kind of like a skeleton of sorts, and I can just change it enough where I still have the basic design yet it's different enough for it to not be as noticable. I'm glad you like the blaster. I was thinking of adding on some spikes on the front, somewhat akin to twin bayonets, but then I thought that might be a little overkill, plus I wanted to keep the concept the same as the one Samus has.[/font]

#9 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-July 07
  • 1,665 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 11:12 PM

[color=#000080;]This actually looks pretty interesting, I like the color scheme! It looks like something you would buy from the store! Good job!Lehvorak[/color]

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users