• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Set Review: Galaxy Squad 70701 Swarm Interceptor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,365 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 12:38 PM

Posted ImageWatch out, everyone! An evil swarm of alien bugs is attacking our homeworld! But fear not, for the Galaxy Squad is adequately equipped to fend them off, or so we hope. Today we take a look at the Space Interceptor, such a set from the newest from LEGO Space line, and see the surprise moves it has to zap the swarm member back to where they came. Read on for reporter ChocolateFrogs' full review.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5915]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,274 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 03:41 PM

This looks like a really cool set. The minifigs look great, and the ship itself looks awesome too.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#3 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,229 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 08:58 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#ff0000;]Looks like a pretty decent set. I might buy it for the alien[/color][/font]  ^_^

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#4 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 10:36 PM

That rotating cockpit is really neat!  One of the niftiest feature I've seen in a while.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#5 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 03:53 AM

Nice review ChocolateFrogs! Personally, I like the new blue colour, and the GS theme as a whole. Some sets, like in most themes, could be better, but this is one of my favourites. IMO I don't see what's wrong with stickers but your reason made sense. I'm not the biggest MOCer. Thanks CF! :)

Edited by Devorath, Jan 11 2013 - 05:09 PM.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#6 Offline Starlord

Starlord
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • legendary outlaw

• 2,493 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 06:15 AM

ahhh i considered getting this set last time i was at tru but i didnt and now i realize i shouldve! seriously it looks amazing, even if it does have that odd shade of blue there

i bet it would look great paired with a space swarmer or two :wub:

tumblr_inline_mrsns9fO2r1qep8gd.png

#7 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 01:09 PM

Nice set, and, actually, I do like this kind of blue. :P The rotating feature is very cool. And it's a space theme!

halo4-spartans.jpg

#8 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,109 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 08:15 AM

How is more Dark Azur a con? Typically when a rarer color gets featured prominently in a set, I'd place that firmly in the pro column. 

Also, a few of the functions went unmentioned or used incorrectly. The cockpit is meant to be not just rotatable but also detachable, and the folding wings are meant to be used to turn the other segment of the spaceship into a sort of gun turret when the cockpit is detached.

Otherwise a pretty good review.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#9 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,084 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 01:01 PM

[color=#990000;]This theme is fantastic and so are the sets. One of the best LEGO space themes of all time if you ask me. Could possibly leave a legacy. I'd love to own every single set of this theme. :P Thanks for the great review, CF! :)[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users