Set Review: Galaxy Squad 70701 Swarm Interceptor

CF_70701_GS_Swarm_Interc_tease.JPGWatch out, everyone! An evil swarm of alien bugs is attacking our homeworld! But fear not, for the Galaxy Squad is adequately equipped to fend them off, or so we hope. Today we take a look at the Space Interceptor, such a set from the newest from LEGO Space line, and see the surprise moves it has to zap the swarm member back to where they came. Read on for reporter ChocolateFrogs' full review.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5915]View the full article[/url]

Nice review ChocolateFrogs! Personally, I like the new blue colour, and the GS theme as a whole. Some sets, like in most themes, could be better, but this is one of my favourites. IMO I don't see what's wrong with stickers but your reason made sense. I'm not the biggest MOCer. Thanks CF! :)

Edited by Devorath

DevBannerwithInterests.png

ahhh i considered getting this set last time i was at tru but i didnt and now i realize i shouldve! seriously it looks amazing, even if it does have that odd shade of blue there

i bet it would look great paired with a space swarmer or two :wub:

bionicle is trans culture

How is more Dark Azur a con? Typically when a rarer color gets featured prominently in a set, I'd place that firmly in the pro column.

Also, a few of the functions went unmentioned or used incorrectly. The cockpit is meant to be not just rotatable but also detachable, and the folding wings are meant to be used to turn the other segment of the spaceship into a sort of gun turret when the cockpit is detached.

Otherwise a pretty good review.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This theme is fantastic and so are the sets. One of the best LEGO space themes of all time if you ask me. Could possibly leave a legacy. I'd love to own every single set of this theme. :P Thanks for the great review, CF! :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^