• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Saddest Bionicle Moment

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:11 AM

Besides that one part where that certain Toa of Ice gave up his life to save the universe, what do you think is the saddest moment is Bionicle? I'm saying it's Lhikan's death. It's just really tragic to see an old hero die in the hands of Teridax.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#2 Offline bioniclefan1233

bioniclefan1233
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 2 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:58 AM

Tohung...Whoops i mean matoran jaller dieing

#3 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 02:17 AM

Lhikan's death really was quite a tragic one.  Other than that Matoro's death was also sad.  Other than that I'm not sure...

#4 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,974 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 07:40 AM

Farshtey once said that the death of Sidorak hurt his sales, so it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off.

As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle. Lhikan's death was hardly unexpected, and I feel Matoro's death was dulled by how quickly the story moved on from it.

The Toa Metru's realisation that they'd become frail Turaga was the only poignant moment I can think of.

#5 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 09:10 AM

Takua's death in the Empire

A certain Toa of Ice's death in the Kingdom.

Krika's death I was  really sad back then.

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 12 2013 - 09:11 AM.

I'm back!

#6 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,924 posts

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 09:58 AM

Lhikan's death was a sad one. Botar's was too when it was revealed. Teridax taking over the MU was kind of sad too. After everything the Toa and other heroes went through to defeat the Makuta, all it mostly did was help to fulfill his plan. That is depressing if you ask me.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#7 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 10:56 AM

I don't know you guys, but for me it is when I realized that when Jaller left no one would be petting Pewku. Poor thing :(

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#8 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:18 AM

The saddest momment for me was Lhikan's death. Its so sad to see my Fav character of all time die. Besides Matoro's sacrifice, I thought that the part of Journey's end when Mata Nui went back to sleep after revitalizing Spherus Magna was also pretty sad.

Another sad moment for me was actually in Dark Mirror where Takanuva was witnessing all these characters being slain.

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#9 Online Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,512 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:19 AM

I don't know you guys, but for me it is when I realized that when Jaller left no one would be petting Pewku. Poor thing :(

This.

And it seems the saddest moments are associated with death, which is not necessarily the purpose of this topic. The most emotional BIONICLE thing ever was the second movie, so everything sad there would count as the saddest ever for me. Everything about Vakama's story is depressing, yet in the end he triumphs which is a wonderful twist.

But if I had to pick THE most saddening thing (besides what has been said about Pewku already) I would go with that awful moment when love in the MU was decanonized. D:

#10 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:42 AM

The saddest Bionicle moment for me, besides of course Matoro's sacrifice, was either Likhan's death or Jaller's death in MoL. 

I'm tearing up just thinking about them.  :(

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#11 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:53 AM

Jaller's death in MoL. :(

iwRQGDg.jpg

#12 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:09 PM

Lhikan's death: Death of the best character that Bionicle has ever had.  :(

Takua's death in the Empire.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#13 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:35 PM

I say it was in Dark Destiny, when Jaller passed through the invisible field and realized Takanuva couldn't follow, and that he couldn't get back out.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#14 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:47 PM

Farshtey once said that the death of Sidorak hurt his sales, so it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off.

As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle. Lhikan's death was hardly unexpected, and I feel Matoro's death was dulled by how quickly the story moved on from it.

The Toa Metru's realisation that they'd become frail Turaga was the only poignant moment I can think of.

I disagree with the idea that the only way to have sad moments is to have characters die. That's not really true.

In any case,  the saddest moments of BIONICLE that I can think of at the moment are, in no particular order, the following:

- Jaller's death

- Lhikan's death

- Vakama's story was generally depressing

- Matoro's death

- The revelation that all Bohrok were former, living Av-Matoran.

- The separation of Takanuva from Jaller in Dark Destiny

- Generally the sad feeling of 2007, as the Toa Mahri realized how they'd lost their innocence and become more barbaric in their quest to save Mata Nui

- Nidhiki's story. Poor guy...

- Lesovikk's story

- Krika's death

- Gorast's death was very tragic in its own way, with her going crazy and not trying to even escape the Energy Storms once she realized the leader she had admired and dedicated her life to had sent her to Karda Nui with every intention of killing her.

- Teridax's death

- Mata Nui becoming dormant once again after the Battle of Bara Magna, leaving everyone on their own.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#15 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:54 PM

I didn't like it when Krika died. The guy was unique. Also Antroz's death was emotional, though more infuriating than sad. Bitil is  xD

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 12 2013 - 07:19 PM.
Do not bypass the word filter. -bones

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#16 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,574 posts

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 01:12 PM

The saddest moment? I'd say the ending of the Mask of Life saga. I liked it a lot though.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#17 Offline JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 993 posts

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 01:24 PM

In one sense, when Kopaka Nuva thought Pohatu Nuva died beneath a pile of rubble in the 4th book. I thought that was pretty well written and a little upsetting, even thought I was pretty sure he wasn't dead. In another sense, how Vakama Hordika went bad, it was just sad that Greg was forced to write that, it was so bad. Outside of the story, but on account of the story we haven't gotten to see, the cancellation of the 2001 video game. I'm still upset about that, especially knowing it may have been cancelled in part over something as absurd as video game violence.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder, Jan 12 2013 - 01:26 PM.

banner.png
{ If you have BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui, PM me . . . NOW! }
I'm well over the age of 13, so if you work for LEGO, you can talk to me. :)

#18 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hey remember Lhikan is not dead all the ones who wrote Lhikans death, it was still sad he died :( but he actually isn't, he's on the red star.

I'm back!

#19 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 01:41 PM

Saddest moment is when Pewku wasn't mentioned anymore.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#20 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,974 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 02:22 PM

I disagree with the idea that the only way to have sad moments is to have characters die. That's not really true.

When did I say that? The one sad moment I did bring up wasn't a death.

#21 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 543 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 02:31 PM

When the line got cancelled, no moment is sadder than that. 

new_sign_310714.jpg

#22 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 03:50 PM

When did I say that? The one sad moment I did bring up wasn't a death.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, I thought that you seemed to imply that by saying "it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off" and following that up by saying "As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle." I should have paid more attention to the last part of your post, I apologize.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#23 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,195 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 06:35 PM

Krika's death. He was never really evil, and he was only trying to warn his friends of the danger.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#24 Offline -Jaller-

-Jaller-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 12:55 AM

Jaller's death.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna:  :matatu:  :mahiki:  :rau:  :komau:  :ruru: 

#25 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 04:29 AM

Saddest moment is when Pewku wasn't mentioned anymore.

Ever now and then, I will whisper "Pewku" and this utterance freaks out people, but I digress.

BTW I think Nuju's mourning of Matoro's death is more sad than the actual death itself. Just sayin'.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#26 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well for me its just the though of all of the makuta being anilated and there can never be any makutas eaver again. When you think about it, its relly messed up how everyone destroyed an entire species. In the story, Into the Darkness, Teridax was thinking to himself about the purpose of the brotherhood of  the makuta and what not, and it just kinda gave me a hole new perspective on them.They are not realy evil my opinion.

They are still evil (keep in mind they enslaved Matoran), but Makuta was surely the most evil of them. The few moments in which the ethics of killing Makuta (namely, the scenes in The Final Battle and Mata Nui Rising! when Gali asks if they should help the Makuta escape the Energy Storms, and Tahu says the Makuta were too fallen from the Light to be saved even by the Toa Code).

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#27 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well for me its just the though of all of the makuta being anilated and there can never be any makutas eaver again. When you think about it, its relly messed up how everyone destroyed an entire species. In the story, Into the Darkness, Teridax was thinking to himself about the purpose of the brotherhood of  the makuta and what not, and it just kinda gave me a hole new perspective on them.They are not realy evil my opinion.

They are still evil (keep in mind they enslaved Matoran), but Makuta was surely the most evil of them. The few moments in which the ethics of killing Makuta (namely, the scenes in The Final Battle and Mata Nui Rising! when Gali asks if they should help the Makuta escape the Energy Storms, and Tahu says the Makuta were too fallen from the Light to be saved even by the Toa Code).

Well it wasn't really that, it was because there was no time to save the Makuta in Karda Nui, who had brought their fate upon themselves anyway. I agree that though the Makuta were evil, some were more or less evil than others, and Teridax was the evilest of all. I'd say Krika was the least evil one that we knew of, and he was remorseful, but I think he did his share of villainy too.

On another note, maybe there could be more Makuta, if their primordial pool somehow survived the death of the Matoran Universe. For now, we still have Miserix and Alternate Teridax.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#28 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 10:33 PM

The death of the Makuta was quite sad, yet they don't seem to get much sympathy. To think; the leader they trust, believed, and admired (or at least most of them) betrayed them in a tragic way.

#29 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 02:29 AM

For me, the saddest moments were:

--Jaller and Takanuva being separated in Dark Destiny. (Nowadays, it makes me think of my best friend and I after we graduated; I stayed in our hometown, and he's now on the other end of the state)

--Matoro's final moments with his friends

--Mata Nui's final moments with Click before he handed the little scarabax to Kiina, all the while seemingly oblivious to her emotional attachment to him.

--And finally, the line being cancelled early.

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#30 Offline Toa Nidhiki05

Toa Nidhiki05
  • Banned Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,786 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'd say the depressing aspects of Vakama's story and the Bohrok revelation are pretty high.

-TN05

#31 Offline LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 39 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 02:20 PM

I remember at the end of the Karda Nui saga, as the energy storms began, the Makuta (specifically Gorast) fell to her knees in desperation, realizing that Teridax had betrayed them all. I always liked Gorast. And Krika. I was sad at his death too. He was really cool. And he had a lot of really great quotes. Though I would have liked to see him switch sides and ally with the Toa, honestly.

wikipedian_protester.png

#32 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 04:04 PM

I remember at the end of the Karda Nui saga, as the energy storms began, the Makuta (specifically Gorast) fell to her knees in desperation, realizing that Teridax had betrayed them all. I always liked Gorast. And Krika. I was sad at his death too. He was really cool. And he had a lot of really great quotes. Though I would have liked to see him switch sides and ally with the Toa, honestly.

Yeah, if there's any Makuta I really felt for other than Krika, it was Gorast. She just seemed to destitute. I wonder if she truly turned good in the last moments of her life.

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

#33 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 769 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lhikan's death and Matoro's were really the only sad parts I can remember.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#34 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 11:42 PM

Actually I think that Jaller gave Pewku back to Orkahm, so happily she is still petted :) (although Orkahm doesn't really seem like the petting type). 

#35 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,653 posts

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 04:41 PM

One of the saddest moments for me was probably the beginning of the Legends series: The first book began with Turaga Dume informing everyone that Mata Nui was dying. Not only was it a massive shock, and brought a sesne of dread, but it was really sad in and of itself, especially considering everything that the heroes we followed for years had endured up to that point.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#36 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 06:16 PM

One of the saddest moments for me was probably the beginning of the Legends series: The first book began with Turaga Dume informing everyone that Mata Nui was dying. Not only was it a massive shock, and brought a sesne of dread, but it was really sad in and of itself, especially considering everything that the heroes we followed for years had endured up to that point.

Yeah, the whole book was pretty depressing (especially since it was the first novel with the good guys losing). Having Jaller, who had been such a loyalist to the Turaga, go against them was pretty jarring, and showed that he must have been pretty mad. It makes me wonder how long his resent had been building up.

Meanwhile, on Voya Nui, the descriptions of Matoran life were pretty sad. Especially when the Piraka arrived, and there was such a happy feeling, and then the happiness they thought was coming never did.

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

#37 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 520 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:02 PM

When the line got cancelled, no moment is sadder than that. 

I was thinking Lhikan or Matoro, and when the Hagah turned into Rahagah... and as I scrolled through I remembered all of these things I had felt so long ago. But LordofBionicles said it best. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#38 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cancellation of 3 games and unfinish of 1 :3

Toa Ignika's sacrifice. And Matoro not considering self a Toa.

Edited by Chen Chen, Jan 16 2013 - 01:03 PM.

-G u u R a h K

#39 Offline Nerus

Nerus
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 2 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 09:40 PM

I have to say one of the saddest moments was the Toa Nuva's defeat by the Piraka.  To see the powerful Toa be so easily wiped out, some while trying to defend each other, was heartbreaking.  It also left a sense of despair, like what can be done for the universe?

Nerus, out.

#40 Offline Krane

Krane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 333 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 04:51 AM

Hey remember Lhikan is not dead all the ones who wrote Lhikans death, it was still sad he died :( but he actually isn't, he's on the red star.

How do you know? I wanna know how. Oh and I think Matoro's death was the saddest. He was my favourite. :(  :(  :begging:

~Kranan 

~BZPRPG Profiles

Dual Matrix: Sup?

CeeCee    :  Dual, you spammer

Kranan      : Wut wut wut 

AutomationKranan plz stop

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users