Set Review: 44007 Ogrum

First of all, thanks for your review DeeVee. :)

Personally I don't like this set. There are two main flaws: the colour scheme and the face.

The first problem is quite evident: those light green pieces should have been dark green as the lower leg armour (apart from the brain slug which has to stand out).

The face should have been used for a large evil-looking titan. It makes the overall set look too goofy to be a villain.

Also it seems that the flail could fall off at any moment.

Apart from some interesting parts, from my point of view, the set has little to offer.

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

I think the set is fine. I do wish there were more brown armor pieces besides the fists. And I wish they would make the new head in Orange. We have it in Lime green and apple green. And maybe in Blue for the summer wave. But no confirmed orange. An orange one would have worked better for sets like Pyrox and Bruizer

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I actually like this set, and I plan to get it when I can find it.

some interesting parts

Well, quite a few, actually. This set and Breez are the first that we've seen brown in since 2009. Dark green, too, has been missing since 2010.

Then, we have the brain slug, the new head, and the spike piece in BP. Yes, this set is a parts pack for sure.

The face should have been used for a large evil-looking titan. It makes the overall set look too goofy to be a villain.

I have to admit, the face is quite large. But when compared to the rest of this wave's villains, it's in proportion with them.

The first problem is quite evident: those light green pieces should have been dark green as the lower leg armour (apart from the brain slug which has to stand out).

Well, they fit with the brain slug then. I guess it would have been better if they were dark green, but that color has been gone since 2003 (I think)!

I have Breez. You'd be better off. She is kinda Boring.

Well, Breez is meant to combine with Ogrum, and then I don't think she'll be as boring...

Looking forward to get this set, along with Pyrox and possible Scarox.

~LTT~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Well, they fit with the brain slug then. I guess it would have been better if they were dark green, but that color has been gone since 2003 (I think)!

No, they don't. The brain slug is more pale compared with those lime green pieces. I repeat, I don't mind them being different but the armour pieces don't look too good together with the dark green ones.

BTW dark green was used even in the last Bionicle sets (Bionicle Stars - Gresh) in 2010. That combination of different kinds of green worked. This does not in my opinion.

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Thanks for the review, Deevee.

And I have to agree with Obsessionist. I'm slightly torn.

On one hand, you have a decent looking set with great colors. On the other hand, he doesn't have much new to offer, save for the brain slug (which is incredibly long) and his face. However, he does look pretty cool. And like you said, he's the best looking out of all the villains.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I thought this was one of the better-looking sets of this wave, not because he offers anything particularly amazing in inventory or aesthetics, but because he's one of the more composed figures. It actually looks like there was some intent to his design as compared to, say, Bruizer or the new Furno. He's physical proof that the right shell in the right place makes all the difference. That, and throwing together all the new moulds onto one sword shouldn't even sound cool on paper.

@Kaxix: Whoops, I mean translucent dark green. I already put that dark green last appeared in 2010 earlier in that post.Also, they could have made Ogrum's slug the same color as the shells. *It would have been easier.This set is the best of the villains in the wave (along with Pyrox, IMO) truly because he has no gimmick that would ruin him. Bruizer would be the best in the wave if his arm wasn't stiff and heavy. Scarox would be a better set if his gimmick worked a little better (and if he didn't look like Waspix). Ogrum and Purox have no major gimmick that ruins the entire set, and this makes for a solid, worthy set.I have now decided who to get: Ogrum and Pyrox.~LTT~

Edited by Link: Toa of the Triforce
The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!