• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Listen to Cryoshell's 'Gravity Hurts' Remake

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 02:46 PM

We all know the song by now, even if 2009 carries some mixed feelings. It's been four years since the original Gravity Hurts was released on Bionicle.com, and the remake has just been revealed on the Faber Files blog. It will be available to purchase from iTunes very soon, but in the meantime, drop by the comment section and discuss the merits of each version!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5922]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 660 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well it's certainly a good song, and I like it.

Buuuuut.....

IMO, it's not as good as the original. The guitars were cooler in the original for one and, I dunno, I guess it makes me feel nostalgic of when I would play the Battle for Power games.

If this had been the original and the old one had been the new one, I would probably be saying the same thing though. :P

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#3 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,782 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'm not entirely sure eitherway on the vocals, but I definitely prefered the instrumentals to the original version.

And wasn't Gravity Hurts a 2008 song?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#4 Offline Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:04 PM

Taipu: It was indeed from '08. =PAs for the song; I kinda like this version, especially nearing the end, since it gives a more definitive ending compared to what was in the old song. Also; I've noticed one lyric change; but it seems like it's the only one: At the end of the chorus, when it used to be 'Team up for battle' to promote the whole Avtoran + Phantoka stuff, it's now 'Battle is all in your mind'. It makes a little more sense this way, I must say.

#5 Offline CrasherDasher

CrasherDasher
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 24 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:09 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I really like both versions of this song. At first I didn't quite like the song because of the major difference in singers, but as I listened to the song I started to like it. Both versions are different, but I still[/font] like one version just as much as the other.

#6 Offline Toaraga

Toaraga
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,126 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:10 PM

It doesn't sound as gravity hurts very much. The new version seems a bit slow/laid back to make much of an impact.

©1984-2013 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | <acronym title="These are the people I" ve="" made="" deals="" with'="">Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. DrakkenNo great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure.Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

#7 Online Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 428 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:12 PM

Like this version, even though it is pretty different from the original.

Anyways, really glad this is finally coming out, I remember getting excited years ago when their website said they were redoing Gravity Hurts.

khsora546.png

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Steam: terminus2495 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me

Currently Playing: ~ Muramasa Rebirth ~ Hyperdimension Neptunia V ~ Watch Dogs ~ Infamous: Second Son ~

MyAnimeList

#8 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:22 PM

I feel like Cryoshell put this together just to show that they were still active.

The instrumentation is boring and the voice seems to drawl on. It felt like boring generic rock you hear at the end of animated kids movies.

#9 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:40 PM

I feel like Cryoshell put this together just to show that they were still active. The instrumentation is boring and the voice seems to drawl on. It felt like boring generic rock you hear at the end of animated kids movies.
[color=#990000;]You mean like Bye Bye Babylon which appeared at the end of TLR, right? :PSeriously, Gravity Hurts is not the kind of music you're talking about. That would be something like the Ninjago or Chima songs. Personally, I'm quite fond of the new version. I like it more than the old one, though I miss the main theme a bit. This one's got that awesome deep guitar, though. ^_^[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#10 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sounds nice, though they changed the lyrics. Which I hate, the original was better. But...the instrumental sounds make it feel like a hard rock song. Which are great.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#11 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:56 PM

Personally, I like the original one more. It was much more like the type of music I listen to on a daily basis. The new one is still good, and I like it, but the original is still my favorite song for Bionicle.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#12 Offline Inferna Firesword

Inferna Firesword
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,257 posts

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 05:59 PM

I like this remake, though not as much as I like the original. I dunno why, maybe the original's prominent guitars had something to do with it.

-Inferna

Thanks for the memories, BZP. Time for me to leave.

#13 Offline X-Ray

X-Ray
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 612 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 07:00 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]It's okay, but I personally like the old version better.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:[/color][/font]

#14 Offline ShenanAgain

ShenanAgain
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,603 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 07:24 PM

What I enjoyed about the first version was that it felt heroic and valiant, with empowering phrases like "for freedom we rise" and "team up for battle". It was like noble heroes preparing to preserve the things they'd sworn to protect.

This slower version lacks that feeling for me. It's bleak and unmotivating. There's no heroics here, but more of a dirge. That has its own merits, yet it feels off to me.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here

This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

#15 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 08:51 PM

I like the new version.

I do miss Christine Lorentzen on vocals though... The new singer Tine Midtgaard is good. ^^

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#16 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 09:26 PM

[color=#990000;]Seriously, Gravity Hurts is not the kind of music you're talking about. That would be something like the Ninjago or Chima songs. Personally, I'm quite fond of the new version. I like it more than the old one, though I miss the main theme a bit. This one's got that awesome deep guitar, though. ^_^[/color]

Since I'm a big fan of (non-vocal) music in general, it's probably the lack of guitars that's putting me off. It's the guitars in Weekend Whip that make me enjoy the song.

And there are Chima songs already?

#17 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 10:21 PM

silly reporters, gravity hurts is the phantoka theme song, and is from 2008!

Anyways, while it brings me back to"rehear" this song, the original was way better. The original was certainly more moving. Also I don't remember that whole battle in your mind thing, could it be referencing brain attack?

Edited by ~garnira returns~, Jan 14 2013 - 10:34 PM.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#18 Guest_AdaptingChaos_*

Guest_AdaptingChaos_*
  • Guests

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 10:32 PM

This remake sounds good, but i still enjoy the older one probably because it gave an awesome feel to the 2008 Bionicle Saga :D

#19 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,578 posts

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 11:27 PM

The instrumentation is boring and the voice seems to drawl on. It felt like boring generic rock you hear at the end of animated kids movies.
[font="Tahoma;"][color=#483D8B;]in other wordsbusiness as usual for Cryoshell[/color][/font]

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ]

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#20 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,832 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 01:02 AM

I prefer the original, but this is finally Cryoshell as they should sound. Their production values and overall sound have matured a lot, which is nice. It's a lot less drawly than, well, pretty much every one of their song's prior, so. Good. Not excellent, but good.

Also obligatory "it was 2008, foolz!" comment.

Posted Image

#21 Offline TAK The Voyager

TAK The Voyager
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,722 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 01:21 AM

[color=#0000cd;]Great remake. Tine did a great job. I think I do prefer the instrumental of the '08 version after listening to it again because of it's awesome guitars where it gave the song some extra "oomph". I'm not versed in music, but there are places where the '08 song outdoes this. Not to say this remake was bad, it's great![/color]

[color=#0000cd;]Plus, it's incredibly nostalgic.[/color]

[color=#0000cd;]TAK[/color]

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

#22 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,536 posts

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:08 AM

To be they are both very good. Not my favourite Cryoshell song but still it is great to listen a remake of it. ;)

Fear the butterfly!!

#23 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:52 AM

And there are Chima songs already?

Yes, there is one out right now, and two others to come. (Unleash the Power, Day of Glory, and Horizon)

The Chima Wiki has an article on the band that performs the songs, and at the bottom of the page is a link to the music video for "Unleash the Power". The video also has a lot of cool bits from the TV series, revealing two new tribes: Rhinos and Bears. :D

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#24 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 03:03 PM

Original was better, but this is also cool.

-G u u R a h K

#25 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,529 posts

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 04:33 PM

I enjoyed this remake, it's softer than the original and feels more devloped to me, in terms of differentiating the isntrumentals and the new ending. The subtle change of lyrics was a pleasant surprise, and it tripped me up a bit as I had been singing along :

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#26 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 10:40 PM

I like the original version better. The remix isn't bad but perhaps I'm just too used to hearing the first version more :P.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#27 Offline Vrail

Vrail
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,183 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 09:38 AM

I liked it. I'd be willing to spend the 2 or so bucks on iTunes for it.

#28 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger

• 605 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 11:48 AM

The song is really good but is sound slow and i like the original one more.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users