Listen to Cryoshell's 'Gravity Hurts' Remake

We all know the song by now, even if 2009 carries some mixed feelings. It's been four years since the original Gravity Hurts was released on Bionicle.com, and the remake has just been revealed on the Faber Files blog. It will be available to purchase from iTunes very soon, but in the meantime, drop by the comment section and discuss the merits of each version!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5922]View the full article[/url]

Well it's certainly a good song, and I like it.

Buuuuut.....

IMO, it's not as good as the original. The guitars were cooler in the original for one and, I dunno, I guess it makes me feel nostalgic of when I would play the Battle for Power games.

If this had been the original and the old one had been the new one, I would probably be saying the same thing though. :P

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Taipu: It was indeed from '08. =PAs for the song; I kinda like this version, especially nearing the end, since it gives a more definitive ending compared to what was in the old song. Also; I've noticed one lyric change; but it seems like it's the only one: At the end of the chorus, when it used to be 'Team up for battle' to promote the whole Avtoran + Phantoka stuff, it's now 'Battle is all in your mind'. It makes a little more sense this way, I must say.

It doesn't sound as gravity hurts very much. The new version seems a bit slow/laid back to make much of an impact.

©1984-2013 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

I feel like Cryoshell put this together just to show that they were still active. The instrumentation is boring and the voice seems to drawl on. It felt like boring generic rock you hear at the end of animated kids movies.
You mean like Bye Bye Babylon which appeared at the end of TLR, right? :PSeriously, Gravity Hurts is not the kind of music you're talking about. That would be something like the Ninjago or Chima songs. Personally, I'm quite fond of the new version. I like it more than the old one, though I miss the main theme a bit. This one's got that awesome deep guitar, though. ^_^-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Personally, I like the original one more. It was much more like the type of music I listen to on a daily basis. The new one is still good, and I like it, but the original is still my favorite song for Bionicle.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

What I enjoyed about the first version was that it felt heroic and valiant, with empowering phrases like "for freedom we rise" and "team up for battle". It was like noble heroes preparing to preserve the things they'd sworn to protect.

This slower version lacks that feeling for me. It's bleak and unmotivating. There's no heroics here, but more of a dirge. That has its own merits, yet it feels off to me.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I like the new version.

I do miss Christine Lorentzen on vocals though... The new singer Tine Midtgaard is good. ^^

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Seriously, Gravity Hurts is not the kind of music you're talking about. That would be something like the Ninjago or Chima songs. Personally, I'm quite fond of the new version. I like it more than the old one, though I miss the main theme a bit. This one's got that awesome deep guitar, though. ^_^

Since I'm a big fan of (non-vocal) music in general, it's probably the lack of guitars that's putting me off. It's the guitars in Weekend Whip that make me enjoy the song.

And there are Chima songs already?

silly reporters, gravity hurts is the phantoka theme song, and is from 2008!

Anyways, while it brings me back to"rehear" this song, the original was way better. The original was certainly more moving. Also I don't remember that whole battle in your mind thing, could it be referencing brain attack?

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I prefer the original, but this is finally Cryoshell as they should sound. Their production values and overall sound have matured a lot, which is nice. It's a lot less drawly than, well, pretty much every one of their song's prior, so. Good. Not excellent, but good.

Also obligatory "it was 2008, foolz!" comment.

Great remake. Tine did a great job. I think I do prefer the instrumental of the '08 version after listening to it again because of it's awesome guitars where it gave the song some extra "oomph". I'm not versed in music, but there are places where the '08 song outdoes this. Not to say this remake was bad, it's great!

Plus, it's incredibly nostalgic.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

And there are Chima songs already?

Yes, there is one out right now, and two others to come. (Unleash the Power, Day of Glory, and Horizon)

The Chima Wiki has an article on the band that performs the songs, and at the bottom of the page is a link to the music video for "Unleash the Power". The video also has a lot of cool bits from the TV series, revealing two new tribes: Rhinos and Bears. :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.