Turaga Mata

Toa Flamedramon

This was a series of scribbles with the theory of "What if the Toa Mata/Nuva became Turaga?" after noticing that the Phantoka Matoran wore noble versions of Pohatu, Kopaka and Lewa's masks (I've been out of the loop with Bionicle for a while, and had just gotten back into it ^^; )

So, to start off here's Lewa, Kopaka and Pohatu.

TuragaLewa.jpg.34f0a8a557e277c6bab8a444d6eea640.jpg

TuragaKopaka.jpg.7d8b02562e4a9d22fe5eec3f6a33ea75.jpg

TuragaPohatu_zpsdbe93509.jpg.85ed9a5e1cc7e07213e68d4a0349a5ed.jpg

Then there's Onua, Gali and Tahu. Had to do some redesigning of the masks here as they didn't get official Noble versions. Onua's is a simplified version of his Mistika mask, while Gali's is a mixture of her Mata, Nuva and Mistika masks. Tahu's was done with Turaga Lhikan in mind, with some minor elements of his Mistika form.

TuragaOnua_zps159718f1.jpg.26345e94f4d5945f549f3325b4c2ff2d.jpg

TuragaGali_zpsc3bf9c65.jpg.1fe745832420b2ca1d7af44751787b27.jpg

TuragaTahu_zps5a046b88.jpg.77a8f37938ea5c9d1a964649dce0f61e.jpg

I also gave them their Nuva Symbols and silver versions of the Turaga's mechanisms, just for that little bit of distinction.

Edited by Toa Flamedramon
  • Upvote 6

These look great! A simple style that fits perfectly with the old Turaga, but incorporates the modern genius of the Mistika. I especially like your work with the masks.

I love set-style art as well, so that definitely helps.

And you made backgrounds, something I was never good at.

I'd give you constructive critique and all that, but I haven't found anything wrong. This is the kind of thing that makes me wish Bionicle would return.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I really like the incorporation of their symbols on their front. I found it really nice, and added to the Turaga Nuva sense of it. The designs were simple, and a very nice callback to the original Turaga. I liked the staffs as their original Toa Tools as well, as well as the masks, which were done in a great sense to the Phantoka/Mistika, and some of the Mata Kanohi as well.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

wow great art. i mean they really look believable. and i love the way you created a custom version of the noble kaukau nuva

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 3 weeks later...

These look great! Kind of reminds me of the MNOLG style! My question is why is Gali's left eye... well it would be her right... but yes why does it look small and out of proportion and I am not so sure if that line on Tahu's neck connecting to his mask is suppose to be there... It's like located on the bottom right of his mask. Overall I believe these concepts look excellent! You should keep on making more designs if you have the time!

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

Very nice designs. I've seen these on another site. You did a good job making the mask designs look like real BIONICLE pieces.The main criticism I have is that Tahu's mask doesn't have a whole lot in common with a Hau Nuva, besides the forehead ridges. I also think it would have been cool if you could have varied the lengths of their legs and arms, like the original Turaga sets, since these are supposed to mimic that style.Ironically, as great as the character designs themselves here, my favorite part of these drawings is how you gave each character a background associated with their element. That was definitely worth the extra effort.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the staffs. They look very believable. I think you should get some praise on the backgrounds, especially Tahu's and Gali's. It is a but weird to see those masks on Lewa, Pohatu and Kopaka, but just because I am used to seeing them on the Av-toran sets. Great job all around!

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?