Dark Hunters Wanted Poster

The Captain

Whoa, cool idea.

I couldn't do better, but some critique anyway- the back of Nidhiki's head looks like it's pointing up (and he seems a tad too feminine), and Krekka's eyes, well, don't look too much like eyes, I guess.

The hand lettering of the poster instead of using a Matoran alphabet font makes it seem a bit more realistic for some reason, too.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I must say, the idea is really original. Considering how Metru Nui was so metropolitis-like and more technological than most of the locations we've seen during the years of BIONICLE, it sounds perfectly legit.

I also like very much the scars you drew on their armors and the black/white coloring of the wanted DH. But I have to agree with InnerRayg that Dume's mask stands too much out in comparison. It doesn't fit with the rest, but I think I can see why you did so. I'd suggest you to add some color somewher else to balance the drawing.

Haha look at Ray doing actual mod work and pretending he's an active mod hahahaha love u ray

anyway i like yr style of drawing bionicles, it's p. unique and cool - i particularly like your nidhiki design, the way it's comprised of circles and rounded shapes. U got good eye 4 cool designs and y'oughtta draw more bionicles. everybody likes bionicles

btw, i like your avatar, but have you tried kraken rum? I used to be a captain morgan standby, but now i can never go back; the kraken is ace

EDIT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ABBREVIATION OF "MODERATOR" IS STILL FILTERED LOL

Edited by Smeagol4
bring back "an cool dude"

What If I´ve also seen six peculiar Skakdi causing trouble around?

That's actually a really good idea for another one. I might look into that :P

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Actually, Dume's face was handrawn. I put one of the default filters over it on Photoshop after uploading because the idea was that it was like a stamp of approval. While I agree from a design perspective I should have positioned it elsewhere, like a top corner, and perhaps made the Hunters colored while leaving his stamp black and white, but I thought it'd be interesting if his stamp was ominous and futuristic looking.
This wasn't done as a serious piece, although I'd be interested in redoing it with more of a design perspective along side another poster for the Pirahka perhaps.
Edited by The Captain

i have to say i noticed upon closer inspection that krekka's middle body part kind of looks like a face of sorts

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This poster artwork is quite interesting, I like how the Dark Hunters were inked. What is bothering me is Turaga Dume's mask, how come that part of the poster is textured, because I thought our attention would be on the wanted Dark Hunters? Plus the consistency, because it looks like it was just added there.

Overall, I like the design of the poster and interesting texture for the background.

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png