If Bionicle was a TV/book/film series for young adults/adults.

CeeCee

I do think the action would be more gruesome. Ex. In the first 2007 book, the matoran is out past safe hour, and something takes him by the leg, it is assumed it was Kalmah. I think if it were on screen, you might have heard a scream and seen Kalmah rip open his chest or something as he devoured him. That kind of action. And there could potentially be some language. I can imagine the Piraka swearing.

I am debating on becoming a filmmaker as an adult. if i choose to become one, I plan to make a Bionicle film.

I was pretty sure that Kyrehx (if we're referring to the same Matoran) wasn't actually killed... she was just captured. (We could be referring to different scenes, though.) Also, Kalmah wouldn't eat them, uh... :lol:

Barraki swearing? Sure. Same with the Piraka, while you're at it. Neither group seems like the type to be all formal or dramatic like the Makuta; they'd just be angry. :P

Come to think of it, it could make a really interesting game, if you went the Arkham City route.

I know you were talking about Mata Nui, but man, an Arkham City style game in Metru Nui? That would be amazing. It wouldn't even need to follow the Toa Metru- in fact, it might even be better if it focused on Lhikan, Nidhiki, etc. around the time of the Toa/DH War. Lots of opportunity in that story setting for investigation, stealth, open combat, and a lot more.

Dang, now I really want that to be a thing.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

>Come to think of it, it could make a really interesting game, if you went the Arkham City route.

I know you were talking about Mata Nui, but man, an Arkham City style game in Metru Nui? That would be amazing. It wouldn't even need to follow the Toa Metru- in fact, it might even be better if it focused on Lhikan, Nidhiki, etc. around the time of the Toa/DH War. Lots of opportunity in that story setting for investigation, stealth, open combat, and a lot more.

I second Metru Nui:Shadow War, you know, because they're fighting dark hunters and there would be stealth

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

>Come to think of it, it could make a really interesting game, if you went the Arkham City

route.

I second Metru Nui:Shadow War, you know, because they're fighting dark hunters and there would be stealth

You guys should pop on over to the Fan Created Games forum and put that in the suggestions topic!

IrMSNn3.png

I feel that the deaths didnt have enough of an impact matoro being an example. On the toa code its not really a code more of an ideal to follow. i think there would be a lot more focus on the morality of killing a sentient being and the definition of sentient, you wouldnt want to see a poor Kikanalo getting executed.

Chro, about the Makuta not cussing, I disagree. I don't think Teridax, Antroz, or Krika would cuss, but Icarax and Mutran surely would. I can imagine the Toa Mata doing it, and through the years have it slowly fade until they don't cuss at all.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I do think the action would be more gruesome. Ex. In the first 2007 book, the matoran is out past safe hour, and something takes him by the leg, it is assumed it was Kalmah. I think if it were on screen, you might have heard a scream and seen Kalmah rip open his chest or something as he devoured him. That kind of action. And there could potentially be some language. I can imagine the Piraka swearing. I am debating on becoming a filmmaker as an adult. if i choose to become one, I plan to make a Bionicle film.

I was pretty sure that Kyrehx (if we're referring to the same Matoran) wasn't actually killed... she was just captured. (We could be referring to different scenes, though.) Also, Kalmah wouldn't eat them, uh... :lol:Barraki swearing? Sure. Same with the Piraka, while you're at it. Neither group seems like the type to be all formal or dramatic like the Makuta; they'd just be angry. :P

Come to think of it, it could make a really interesting game, if you went the Arkham City route.

I know you were talking about Mata Nui, but man, an Arkham City style game in Metru Nui? That would be amazing. It wouldn't even need to follow the Toa Metru- in fact, it might even be better if it focused on Lhikan, Nidhiki, etc. around the time of the Toa/DH War. Lots of opportunity in that story setting for investigation, stealth, open combat, and a lot more.Dang, now I really want that to be a thing.
No, Kyrehx wasn't killed, so that wouldn't be necessary.

Later, she was captured by Carapar, who had been hypnotized by Takadox, and was brought to Takadox's cave. Inside his cave, Takadox questioned Kyrehx about the mask. When he found out that the Kanohi Ignika was no longer with her, Takadox ordered Carapar to release Kyrehx back to Mahri Nui.

Just confirming.

Chro, about the Makuta not cussing, I disagree. I don't think Teridax, Antroz, or Krika would cuss, but Icarax and Mutran surely would. I can imagine the Toa Mata doing it, and through the years have it slowly fade until they don't cuss at all.

I meant that the Makuta often acted more formal, thus not swearing, though the Barraki and Piraka might out of anger. ;)

but their spirits

I meant that the Makuta often acted more formal, thus not swearing, though the Barraki and Piraka might out of anger. ;)

I also dont see how it makes it more mature. I swear a lot but I dont think very highly of it, its just a bad habbit. I dont think we would see much swearing, if any. Some of the more... "offensive" words would defintly not be used. If its not used in the Walking Dea, it wont be used in Bio.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I also dont see how it makes it more mature. I swear a lot but I dont think very highly of it, its just a bad habbit. I dont think we would see much swearing, if any. Some of the more... "offensive" words would defintly not be used. If its not used in the Walking Dea, it wont be used in Bio.
Well, I would say to keep the swearing to a PG-13-ish thing, maybe a bit worse but not much more than that.

If Bionicle wasn't meant for kids, then the story would be drastically different due to not needing to incorporate and sell the toys. Probably fewer characters and settings, and a more ongoing storyline.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

If Bionicle wasn't meant for kids, then the story would be drastically different due to not needing to incorporate and sell the toys. Probably fewer characters and settings, and a more ongoing storyline.

I also think it would be more centralized. Every two years or so, Bionicle would make us go to a new location with about 18 new characters

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Depends on who is producing it. If I have my way and convince someone to let me produce a Bionicle film when I am older, I might let the Toa slip one or two light words, nothing heavy.

I wouldn't have all the Barraki swear. Pridak would not. Kalmah would not. I wouldn't have Carapar cuss. He's been too mentally degraded to get as angry as some of the other Barraki. Takadox would, Mantax maybe. Probably Ehlek.

I think all of the Piraka would cuss except Zaktan.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Depends on who is producing it. If I have my way and convince someone to let me produce a Bionicle film when I am older, I might let the Toa slip one or two light words, nothing heavy.

I wouldn't have all the Barraki swear. Pridak would not. Kalmah would not. I wouldn't have Carapar cuss. He's been too mentally degraded to get as angry as some of the other Barraki. Takadox would, Mantax maybe. Probably Ehlek.

Actually you make a valid point. I just dont want it to end up like a swear battle XD

The odd swearing in a piece of dialogue can be a good way for getting the emotions across though

Ehlek... yes. "Hey you, Imma bloody kill you, I swear on me mum"

Yeah, Zaktan seems too serious to have fits of anger, but Pridak is the opposite. He leads by fear, pretty much, because he's dangerous and mad all the time. :lol:

but their spirits

Ehlek... yes. "Hey you, Imma bloody kill you, I swear on me mum"

Yeah, Zaktan seems too serious to have fits of anger, but Pridak is the opposite. He leads by fear, pretty much, because he's dangerous and mad all the time. :lol:

Maybe, but to make a comparison to the Walking Dead once again, the Governer from the TV series at least leads by fear, yet I cant recall him swearing.

He's a completely different character and TWD is a completely different show. The governor has power and influence, but Pridak is angry and dangerous, skilled at combat, and not afraid to attack his own crew to get them to do what he wants. (Also, the governor has people with guns. Pridak has an army of sharks.) :P

but their spirits

I'd agree with Paleo's list, but I would add a couple of things:

8. Richer Mythology in Context: Not only would the belief systems and ideologies need to be more greatly elaborated on, but they would need to be a driving force for the characters and factions in-world. It would be one of those things where the audience would catch bits and pieces of backstory--some of it contradictory, some universal--to better understand not only the Bionicle world and it inhabitants on a deeper level, but perhaps the human experience as well.

9. Geography: As the great Monty Oum put it, "geography determines your culture, and culture determines your people," and it rings true in every part of the world. Again, a good story has characters who are influenced by their background, so it only makes sense that the naval captain grew up on an island chain.

10. Joss Whedon's Magic Touch: You know what I mean if you've seen Firefly or The Avengers.

11. A Greater Variety of Characters: The most memorable characters are the ones you hate to love and love to hate; the tragic villain and the anti-hero; the Joker and Batman are one example. Even if the characters don't illicit mixed emotions from an audience at least adding extra dimension to them does only justice. in the fight between Vicious and Spike Spiegel at the end of Cowboy Bebop, it's obvious who's the bad guy and who's good, but watching how they interact throughout the series makes the fight that much more meaningful.

12. Shifting Focus Between Groups: Greg achieved this to an extent with the story serials, but having particular circles of characters that interact only at specific and/or key plot points would help keep the story from getting too stale over longer periods of time. Granted, the risk of having too many characters is obvious and a cornerstone of bad anime, but it's also nice to know the world is bigger than six bad guys, six good guys, and a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Well, those are my two five cents.

Edited by renaldohoek