They could wear masks, but the Barraki didn't. It was said that they would consider relying on Kanohi to be like a crutch.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I can see Pridak and Takadox using a Kanohi Mask of Mind Control or a Mask of Rahi Control. (Actually, I could see any of the Barraki using those masks. :P) I could also see Mantax wearing a Kanohi Mask of Silence or Stealth because they would help him conceal himself better.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

i see most of them using makuta like masks. like mantax would use the mask of hunger. of definitely takadox using mind control considering he already had hypnosis,. um i could see carapar using the vulture mask. kalmah i'm not sure maybe rahi control and pridak i'm really not sure what mask a he would wear maybe a mask of sensory aptitude

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I've always thought that the Barraki would wear masks that aren't necessarily in the canon, because I'm sure there are many masks, we just haven't seem them in the story.

I actually wrote down in a list somewhere what masks they wore, in my mind, at least, and if I remember, they were:

Pridak: Mask of Rage - makes the wearer stronger but causes uncontrollable anger

Carapar: Mask of Removal - allows the user to remove any non-vital body part (this goes along with him removing one of his claws in order to wield a Squid Launcher)

Kalmah: Mask of Regeneration - the user can regrow body parts; the speed at which the parts are recovered depends on the amount lost

Takadox: Mask of Deception - the user casts a "spell" on an item, rendering it invisible as long as the mask is active; can only be used on one object at a time, and the effect turns off when the mask is deactivated, but returns when the mask is used again (hence how he was able to hide his Transit Tablet or whatever it was called)

Mantax: Mask of Camouflage - the user can blend in with their surroundings, rendering them nearly invisible; requires the wearer to be pressed against the surface to work, and any shift in body will require the mask to be used again.

~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

I disagree that Takadox would take any mind controlling masks, because he already has that power. He'd want something else, probably a self-defense mask.

Pridak might want the Mask of Charisma. Mind Control is a good choice too.

Carapar... He's (allegedly) too dumb to think like Takadox so he'd probably just want to increase the only strength he's good at -- Strength. :P (Although I doubt whether he's really all that dumb, but it's hard to tell IMO.)

I agree with Camouflage for Mantax as a possibility but he might also want something else since he's good at hiding already.

Kalmah I have no idea.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I disagree that Takadox would take any mind controlling masks, because he already has that power. He'd want something else, probably a self-defense mask.

Pridak might want the Mask of Charisma. Mind Control is a good choice too.

Carapar... He's (allegedly) too dumb to think like Takadox so he'd probably just want to increase the only strength he's good at -- Strength. :P (Although I doubt whether he's really all that dumb, but it's hard to tell IMO.)

I agree with Camouflage for Mantax as a possibility but he might also want something else since he's good at hiding already.

Kalmah I have no idea.

Kalmah might take the Mask of Rahi Control or something because in the Pit, he controlled and bred all those Squid. I feel like he would use it pretty cruelly, because he wasn't exactly nice to all those Squids.

• 3 weeks later...

Kanohi that the Toa consider Immoral. I do feel like Kongu's Mahri mask is what Kalmah had except he mastered the ability to summon rahi, plus his face looks a little like the Zatth.

If your talking about Solek's Akaku, then yes it does look very similar and Irony would be null and void

If your talking about Solek's Akaku, then yes it does look very similar and Irony would be null and void

I think he was referring to the Great Kanohi Akaku worn by Kopaka rather than the Noble Akaku worn by Solek.

Yeah, I was talking about the Great Kanohi Akaku. I think it looks most like his face with the multi-eye deal he has (plus, if you look at it, there's a spot where he could see out of through the top). Plus, it's a Mask of X-Ray vision. And he then goes to losing it, then his top eye. Slow descent to blindness.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Well, the Barraki might have worn masks, even if they did view them as a crutch. Maybe they were Matoran masks, who knows. But, to the point: Pridak would have worn the Crast, Takadox, assuming he had the hypnosis powers already, would have worn a Mask of Fear, what ever that is or would be. Mantax would have a mask of Stealth, obviously, while Carapar would have the Mask of Strength, which once again would have attributed him to his personality, like Mantax. Kalmah is more of a mystery. Perhaps a Mask of Elasticity? I don't know.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mantax would use a stealth related mask, as for the others, not sure... :huna:

That's the same thing as with Takadox- he's already adept at stealth, so I don't think he'd need a mask to help him with that. Maybe something like Scavenging for Mantax, though.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Mantax would use a stealth related mask, as for the others, not sure... :huna:

That's the same thing as with Takadox- he's already adept at stealth, so I don't think he'd need a mask to help him with that. Maybe something like Scavenging for Mantax, though.

I don't think that one's the same. He can't turn himself invisible, unlike Takadox who very much can control minds. Since he values stealth, he would probably want a mask that would make him better at it.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)