• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Nintendo Announces LEGO City: Undercover Release Dates

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,157 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nintendo has announced that LEGO City: Undercover will be released March 18, while the Nintendo 3DS game, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, will be release April 21st. The latter is a game chronicling the events leading up to LEGO City: Undercover. So if you have a Wii U or 3DS, get ready to fight some crime!View the full article

#2 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 07:55 PM

So... the first game in the series (The Chase Begins) will come out a month after the second game (Undercover).

I will never understand marketing.

#3 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 08:13 PM

I suppose the idea is that you get the main, big, hyped and probably stronger release out there, and then people will want to buy the lesser version afterwards. If the 3DS version sucks and gets released first, it'd put people off buying the WiiU one. So yeah. I personally will be buying NEITHER because there's not enough BLOOD and WOMEN in them.

stendan.jpg

#4 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 08:31 PM

I personally will be buying NEITHER because there's not enough BLOOD and WOMEN in them.

Both good reasons. :P

I don't have a WiiU or a 3DS, mainly because I look at them as cheap remakes of the original product. So I won't be getting these game either.

#5 Offline Kohaku

Kohaku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Record-Setting Speed Builder & Senior Staff

• 2,413 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 09:09 PM

So... the first game in the series (The Chase Begins) will come out a month after the second game (Undercover).

I will never understand marketing.

Actually it makes perfect sense, from a business perspective they want the focus to be on Lego City: Undercover as it is for a newly launched system. Nintendo wants to have as many games during the launch window as possible. They want to get more games into the hands of early adopters and entice more people to buy the system with a stronger line up. The 3DS version is less important in this regard as the 3DS is already doing strong in terms of sales.

And if Nintendo uses their marketing power and advertising both of the games could sell really well. I'm not sure how the 3DS game looks yet, but the Wii U one looks great and will hopefully play great.

Posted Image

#6 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,035 posts

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm really interested in getting LEGO City: Undercover. Sadly, I'm not interested in getting a Wii U, nor a 3DS, so I don't know what I'm going to do about it.  <_<

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#7 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,662 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well, I'm not planning to get the WiiU version when it comes out, since I don't have a Wii U yet. But I already have a 3DS, so at least in my case I'll be playing them chronologically.

I am certainly looking forward to both of them, though. I haven't been this excited for a Lego video game in ages.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#8 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,787 posts

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 09:45 PM

3DS one is a "prequel."

#9 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 07:51 AM

3DS one is a "prequel."

What's with the quotation marks?

I have a WiiU, but the lineup now isn't great. Though this game looks good, I'm still waiting for something amazing.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#10 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,787 posts

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 01:07 PM

3DS one is a "prequel."

What's with the quotation marks?

I have a WiiU, but the lineup now isn't great. Though this game looks good, I'm still waiting for something amazing.

It seems to just be development times not lining up, but who knows.

Try Mighty Switch Force and Trine 2 from the eShop while you wait for this game as well as Game & Wario and W101.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users