• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Digital Bionicle Graphic Novels

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,359 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 09:35 PM

The Bionicle Graphic Novel booklets were pretty interesting, but they had one major drawback; they were physical books that couldn't be read on a smart phone. (Well, some might not consider that a drawback, but it was certainly a limitation.) Today, that problem has been solved, since the first two Bionicle Graphic Novels are available now for digital download on Comixology.com, with hopefully more to be added in the near future. Already have all the Bionicle Graphic Novels? (Plus some copies in sealed, plastic bags.) Then you could check out their selection of Ninjago Graphic Novels!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5928]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Kohaku

Kohaku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Record-Setting Speed Builder & Senior Staff

• 2,416 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:08 AM

Honestly, this is something I would like to see more from Lego. Especially if they re-released older books as ebooks.

Posted Image

#3 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 05:23 AM

Excellent! Blimey, that takes me back!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 10:32 AM

Nice to see the Ninjago ones are there, because I haven't seen some of them in stores. I've only been able to read #1, #2, and #5, so I'll probably download the others.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,261 posts

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 10:48 AM

I would like to see the other Bionicle graphic novels, as well as the other books, become available like this. It would be really helpful to those who missed out on them when they first came out. 

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#6 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 11:32 AM

This is a step in the right direction. Me? I'll get excited when the exclusive graphic novel content (i.e. the comics that didn't come with the Lego Club magazine) and the novels are released digitally. I really need to read the latter.

IrMSNn3.png

#7 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,628 posts

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 12:39 PM

I own all of the graphic novels and all the comics post-2004. They're in nice sealed plastic bags because I am a comic book geek.

I tried reading a book digitally once, and it made my eyeballs almost fall out. Besides, I prefer having a hard copy of my stuff rather than trusting it to a flimsy device.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Jan 21 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#8 Offline LehvakLah

LehvakLah
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 865 posts

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 09:35 PM

I work at Comixology and I had the serendipitous pleasure of editing Bionicle vol. 1 for the guided view app. I will keep yall posted for when we get the next volumes in!

#9 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 09:39 PM

Volumes 3 and 4 came out yesterday.

I work at Comixology and I had the serendipitous pleasure of editing Bionicle vol. 1 for the guided view app. I will keep yall posted for when we get the next volumes in!

Really?

Are ya'll gonna add all of them?

Edited by Rarity, Jan 24 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#10 Offline LehvakLah

LehvakLah
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 865 posts

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 09:55 PM

Are ya'll gonna add all of them?

Probably, whenever the publisher wants us to release them.

#11 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 04:51 PM

Well, Lego obviously still thinks there's a market for these things... Graphic Novel #10, perhaps?

#12 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,288 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 08:09 AM

Well, Lego obviously still thinks there's a market for these things... Graphic Novel #10, perhaps?
This is in Papercutz's hands, not TLG's. Anyway, there's a big difference between creating a brand-new graphic novel and converting an existing one to a digital format. It's not entirely clear what stage in development the tenth graphic novel was in when it was cancelled, so if the actual pages weren't finished, then that would be a much more significant expense. These would have to be bringing in some pretty stellar revenue to justify releasing GN#10, and frankly even then I'm not sure TLG would be too enthusiastic about that since it wouldn't be promoting any current sets or themes.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users